PDA

View Full Version : 62% believe Ottawa isn't in control of illegal border crossing issue.

soulchaser
08-16-2017, 11:06 AM
http://globalnews.ca/news/3673174/refugee-quebec-army-poll/

IPSOS poll:

according to a new Ipsos poll, 62 per cent of respondents don’t think the Trudeau government has a “solid plan” to respond to the influx of refugees.

And 56 per cent of respondents say the fact that Ottawa had to call in the army shows that the issue is “out of control.”

Many Canadians also doubt whether those crossing into Quebec illegally are legitimate refugees. Sixty-seven per cent believe the migrants are trying to skip the legal immigration process.

A slim majority (56 per cent) also believe that the government isn’t doing enough to protect the border, which is the longest land border in the world, from “those who want to cause harm to Canada.”

soulchaser
08-16-2017, 11:15 AM
"The numbers show that Canadians aren’t worried about migrants pouring over the border, Ipsos pollster Mike Colledge explains.
“I don’t think people are panicked or worried about migrants pouring over the border. I do think that for Canadians it’s about fairness and following process,” Colledge told Global News."

Hmm.....

62% believe the Libs have no solid plan to deal with this situation
56% believe the Libs have lost control of the situation
67% believe these illegal crossers AREN'T real refugees
56% believe the Libs aren't doing enough to protect the border

Majority in every category disagree with how the Libs are handling this, yet IPSOS' analysis of these results is that Canadians aren't worried about these illegals flooding across the border???????????

Can you tell IPSOS is the official pollster of the Liberal Party of Canada?

RangeBob
08-16-2017, 11:25 AM
"The numbers show that Canadians aren’t worried about migrants pouring over the border, Ipsos pollster Mike Colledge explains.
“I don’t think people are panicked or worried about migrants pouring over the border. I do think that for Canadians it’s about fairness and following process,” Colledge told Global News."

I think it's more a Not In My Backyard sort of thing, in the sense that migrants aren't in my backyard, and there's not enough of them to have any effect on my backyard this year, so I'm not worried about it.
So it's not a question that the Liberal government is making a mess of this in almost every way it can, with the established organizations -- police, border guards, immigration, army, etc -- trying to mitigate the Liberal anti-management style,
the polls indicate the populous knows that,
but rather that even with that most people aren't currently affected.

-- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Scotlas
08-16-2017, 11:28 AM
All the army needs is barbed wire and buses. Lots of each.

Rory McCanuck
08-16-2017, 12:25 PM
I think it's more a Not In My Backyard sort of thing, in the sense that migrants aren't in my backyard, and there's not enough of them to have any effect on my backyard this year, so I'm not worried about it...
Well, it actually is (almost) in my backyard, and I am worried about.
But I'm sure Mr. Potatohead thinks I'm just an old fashioned bigot :rolleyes:

Zinilin
08-16-2017, 01:19 PM

I think the Army would use Concertina Razor Wire and MedEvacs.

Swampdonkey
08-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Well, it actually is (almost) in my backyard, and I am worried about.
But I'm sure Mr. Potatohead thinks I'm just an old fashioned bigot :rolleyes:

The word **got needs to be rehabilitated back into modern parlance.

Billythreefeathers
08-16-2017, 03:49 PM

a good Army Engineer Company could have a level one wire fence up in hours

sltoronto
08-16-2017, 03:50 PM
“I don’t think people are panicked or worried about

sounds like there's nothing to think with.... no thinking instrument present ...

what kind of imbecile one has to be to place on the even foot "being panicked" and "being worried" ...

glockfan
08-16-2017, 08:36 PM
62% only? i wonder who are those 38% who think this is not an illegal mass assault on our borders...

firemachine69
08-16-2017, 08:57 PM
62% only? i wonder who are those 38% who think this is not an illegal mass assault on our borders...

The same 38% who contribute nothing meaningful to society.

M1917 Enfield
08-17-2017, 04:06 AM

Doug_M
08-17-2017, 06:18 AM

They're called NDP supporters

linung
08-17-2017, 02:53 PM
This is like worthless news.

If you were in control of the border crossing.... it wouldn't be illegal! and there would be no issue!

:eek1:

Steveo9mm
08-17-2017, 03:36 PM

trains

speedloader
08-17-2017, 05:53 PM
if they were actually in control of anything I'd be surprised never mind the borders.......Just saying

shortandlong
08-17-2017, 06:32 PM
to have control over something.........you would have to control it, Trudeau is controlling the situation fine.......just not the way we want

RangeBob
08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing.
-- Paul Atreides, Dune (1984)