PDA

View Full Version : Speculation running rampent as Kathleen Wynne set to deliver closed door speech to entire caucus Thursday

soulchaser
08-16-2017, 06:12 PM
So, I know a few people who work at Queen's Park here in Ontario.

Kathleen Wynne has called her cabinet to Queen's Park tomorrow for a meeting which will be followed by a closed door speech to the entire Ontario Liberal caucus.

To have a full caucus speech in the middle of summer is quite an unusual thing.

Speculation, and that's all it is at this point, is running rampent in the halls at QP.

The two most popular rumours are she will announce she is resigning or she has decided to pull the plug and we'll be going to the polls 10 months early.

chuckbuster
08-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Or... maybe ....she's going to use the massive profits from her popcorn empire to embark on a massive vote buying campaign in hopes of bolstering faltering support in COTU ([the] Centre of the Universe).

Swampdonkey
08-16-2017, 06:36 PM
The PCs are so incompetent and disloyal to their base that she might win the next election.

TJSpeller
08-16-2017, 06:37 PM
The PCs are so incompetent and disloyal to their base that she might win the next election.

Frighteningly true.

Forbes/Hutton
08-16-2017, 06:50 PM
She swore up and done she's staying for the next election, so if she bails she's just putting another lie in lieberal. As for calling the election early, her vote buying won't have taken full effect, the hydro "discount" has barely started, and the minimum wage won't have risen.

Rory McCanuck
08-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Or... maybe ....she's going to use the massive profits from her popcorn empire to embark on a massive vote buying campaign in hopes of bolstering faltering support in COTU ([the] Centre of the Universe).

Ok, I lost ;D

chuckbuster
08-16-2017, 07:32 PM
Ok, I lost ;D

Ha ha ha...I'm in good company then...I laughed while typing it.

Billythreefeathers
08-16-2017, 07:47 PM
maybe she's making like a Madonna promise,, a blow job for ever vote,,,,,

over to you Ontario voters

Waterloomike
08-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Maybe she's being charged for all her crimes!

soulchaser
08-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Can't be that.

Glen Murray has already abandoned ship.

Plus I'd Lorena Bobbitt myself before I'd let her anywhere near my junk.

Sinbad
08-16-2017, 07:58 PM
What man in his right mind would want that.Yuck.

soulchaser
08-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Maybe she's being charged for all her crimes!

Or Trudeau's appointing her to the Senate.

Forbes/Hutton
08-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Maybe she's coming out of the closet -again. Going trans and wants to be known a Keith Wynn from now on.

joe6167
08-16-2017, 08:46 PM
Maybe she's coming out of the closet -again. Going trans and wants to be known a Keith Wynn from now on.

Which would make her a straight [GASP!!]... white [EVEN BIGGER GASP!!!].......... male!!! [Universe Explodes]

Waterloomike
08-17-2017, 02:23 AM
Credit rating lowered to junk status?

RangeBob
08-17-2017, 02:39 AM
Didn't Wynne do this calling together for a private chat thing a few months ago, and
there was speculation about an early election call, and
we ended up with her announcing a 25% cut to hydro rates which was less than 25% because she was including other stuff in that 25%, and it's actually an increase because the difference we'll be paying interest on.

Waterloomike
08-17-2017, 02:52 AM
Didn't Wynne do this calling together for a private chat thing a few months ago, and
there was speculation about an early election call, and
we ended up with her announcing a 25% cut to hydro rates which was less than 25% because she was including other stuff in that 25%, and it's actually an increase because the difference we'll be paying interest on.

That did happen at some point.

They also claimed they had lowered the deficit for a fiscal year from 12.5 billion to 10.9. but it seems like baloney.

firemachine69
08-17-2017, 03:47 AM
That did happen at some point.

They also claimed they had lowered the deficit for a fiscal year from 12.5 billion to 10.9. but it seems like baloney.

That was the accounting trick with pensions, and it was a one shot deal (and also proved that all this accounting was a sham).

Neil Burke
08-17-2017, 07:11 AM
She swore up and done she's staying for the next election, so if she bails she's just putting another lie in lieberal. As for calling the election early, her vote buying won't have taken full effect, the hydro "discount" has barely started, and the minimum wage won't have risen.

My hydro bill hasn't gone down at all. I must not qualify.

firemachine69
08-17-2017, 07:13 AM
It was consumed by carbon taxes, gone to Liberal insiders.

Steveo9mm
08-17-2017, 08:58 AM

GROSS

tdod101
08-17-2017, 09:45 AM
Hopefully someone records the whole thing and releases it to the media

soulchaser
08-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Sadly it appears it will be nothing more than Wynne trying to rally the troops. From her Cooms Director on twitter:

Rebecca MacKenzie
@rebmack

This aft @Kathleen_Wynne will kick off summer caucus mtg talking about our plan for opportunity & fairness. Watch: youtube.com/user/premierof…
10:32 AM - 17 Aug 2017

Rory McCanuck
08-17-2017, 12:32 PM
"We have here an historic opportunity to be fair. Everybody will pool their funds into one big hat, the government will take 2/3 to provide services to 1/10 of the population, and the remaining 1/3 will be evenly distributed to all contributors. Isn't this a fair opportunity to be fair? I'm sure we can all agree that this is an opportunity to be fair that to be fair, shouldn't be missed. Or mistered, to those of that persuasion, we're just trying to be fair here."

RangeBob
08-17-2017, 12:58 PM
benefiting every single family isn’t what is fair
-- justin the wonder leader

Waterloomike
08-17-2017, 09:11 PM
What happened with this secretive speech?

Did she tell everyone that she would no longer wear makeup?

Yogi05
08-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Going into federal politics. Maybe the Senate like mentioned.

Waterloomike
08-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Going into federal politics. Maybe the Senate like mentioned.

Nation wide debt of Grecian magnitude.

Typical, eff up, move up.

But with two monumental idiots that butts can lead around by the nose, the chaos should come much sooner.

Swampdonkey
08-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Nation wide debt of Grecian magnitude.

Typical, eff up, move up.

But with two monumental idiots that butts can lead around by the nose, the chaos should come much sooner.

So quit being a sucker and start defrauding the Crown like everyone else! Paying taxes at this point is polishing brass on a sinking ship.

Waterloomike
08-18-2017, 01:58 AM
So quit being a sucker and start defrauding the Crown like everyone else! Paying taxes at this point is polishing brass on a sinking ship.

You're not defrauding them, they're defrauding you.

tdod101
08-19-2017, 06:31 AM
You're not defrauding them, they're defrauding you.

Ya and unlike them, we can go to jail for such actions. This country is a Mecca for double standards.

Waterloomike
08-19-2017, 06:45 AM
Ya and unlike them, we can go to jail for such actions. This country is a Mecca for double standards.

indeed.

Their motto is

"Do as I say, not as I do. Because we're a bunch of crooks."

infidel29
08-20-2017, 11:08 AM

Oh, I'd make her work hard for my vote, paper bag over her head and everything....lol