PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Judy Foote to resign from cabinet Thursday, resign as MP later this year.

soulchaser
08-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Judy Foote*will announce her resignation from duties as a cabinet minister*on Thursday.

The longtime Newfoundland and Labrador politician has been on leave from her post as public services minister since April, when she stepped away for personal reasons.

Sources tell CBC News Foote will announce her permanent departure at a news conference on Thursday in St. John's. She will also announce she will step away from her duties as a Member of Parliament later this year.

The announcement is expected to come at 12:30 p.m. NT at the Signal Hill information centre.

Foote began telling political supporters and close associates of her decision on Wednesday.

A senior government official*tells CBC News there will be a Newfoundland and Labrador minister in place before the federal cabinet meets in St. John's in September.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/judy-foote-resigns-cabinet-1.4259883

RangeBob
08-23-2017, 08:24 PM
I think that's good news.
I remember a couple of her anti-gun rhetoric only speeches in the house during Bill C-391 and C-19.

soulchaser
08-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Typical Liberal, sucking taxpayers for every dime they can.

Been on leave with full MP pay and Cabinet bonus for the last 5 months, and she's going to stay on as an MP a bit longer to cash in some more.

You've made the decision to resign, so leave. Now.

soulchaser
08-23-2017, 08:32 PM
I think that's good news.
I remember a couple of her anti-gun rhetoric only speeches in the house during Bill C-391 and C-19.

And Trudeau is losing someone who is VERY popular in NFLD.

Won her seat with 82% or 86% support in 2015, but is well liked by people across the province.

GTW
08-23-2017, 10:00 PM
Would dearly love to see the CPC get our act together, recruit a stellar candidate and take this seat.
Newfies are smart, put up with little b.s. and will do the right thing if the CPC does their part.

shootemup604
08-23-2017, 11:05 PM
Waiting for the scandal to break...

firemachine69
08-24-2017, 04:01 AM
Waiting for the scandal to break...

Maybe a certain spirit chaser can show up...