PDA

View Full Version : 3X Magnifier ?

Megglodon
08-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Hi,
I am looking to add a 3X magnifier to my AR Red Dot (Vortex Spitfire 1X)

The Vortex VMX-3T. Based on reviews, price / quality ratio seems good.

Primary Arms has the PA3XLERGENIV in the same price range ($300).

Any other good quality magnifiers for around $300 CDN or less ?

Your advices are welcome. Thank you

Mark-II
08-25-2017, 10:46 AM
I don't use a red dot much, but have a vortex magnifier and it's as solid as anything I buy at that price level. Nothing to compare it to because I break out in hives at the thought of spending over $400 on glass

Waynetheman
08-25-2017, 11:35 AM
I've been looking at the Burris tripler for some time now, for no other reason than I think Burris makes better stuff than vortex.

mister donut
08-25-2017, 01:15 PM
I hope someone does a review on the new Bushnell 3x soon. I looked through it myself and thought the glass looked good, but my opinion doesn't really count since I have crappy eyes and couldn't really tell much of a difference betweem that and the Eotech magnifier (albeit the comparison I did was only from inside the shop).

https://www.reliablegun.com/lo/bushnell-ar-optics-3x-magnifier-w-flip-up-mount

https://d3o6x5kqa80t1u.cloudfront.net/content/images/thumbs/0019664_bushnell-ar-optics-3x-magnifier-w-flip-up-mount.jpeghttps://d3o6x5kqa80t1u.cloudfront.net/content/images/thumbs/0019664_bushnell-ar-optics-3x-magnifier-w-flip-up-mount.jpeg

shootemup604
08-25-2017, 06:21 PM
I have the Vortex. Absolutely no complaints, nice piece of kit.

Megglodon
08-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the replies, it is greatly appreciated.
I'll try to find a review on the Bushnell 3X. Reliable Gun's offers it at $250, and Bullseye has it for $243, which is not bad at all if works really well.

Cabelas does not seem to offer the VMX-3T. Too bad, cuz they have good specials once in awhile.

Waynetheman, would you know where they sell the Burris AR-Tripler in Canada? Been looking around a bit and did not find it and I really dislike the amazon way...

mister donut
08-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the replies, it is greatly appreciated.
I'll try to find a review on the Bushnell 3X. Reliable Gun's offers it at $250, and Bullseye has it for $243, which is not bad at all if works really well.

Cabelas does not seem to offer the VMX-3T. Too bad, cuz they have good specials once in awhile.

Waynetheman, would you know where they sell the Burris AR-Tripler in Canada? Been looking around a bit and did not find it and I really dislike the amazon way...

Don't forget, Reliable does price match as well, just ask.

Waynetheman
08-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Well reliable gun has it but their ad doesn't show the mount which is kind of a deal breaker. I haven't fully decided which I want yet so I haven't been shopping too specifically.

mister donut
08-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Well reliable gun has it but their ad doesn't show the mount which is kind of a deal breaker. I haven't fully decided which I want yet so I haven't been shopping too specifically.

Doesn't show the mount? You mean from a different angle or something? Because it looks like the mount is included in the image I posted above. I've also seen the mount in person, it is definitely included and it is a flip to side, not twist off.

Waynetheman
08-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Doesn't show the mount? You mean from a different angle or something? Because it looks like the mount is included in the image I posted above. I've also seen the mount in person, it is definitely included and it is a flip to side, not twist off.

Sorry was answering op's post about the Burris.