PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated......Zastava M70 and mounts

Mgreig
09-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Hi

New here and looking forward to interaction from everyone.

I just bought a new Zastava M70 chambered in 7mm REM MAG and I am loosing it with myself right now trying to find a scope mounting system for the gun

I decided to buy a Votex Diamondback scope 4-12 X 40 but no one can seem to assist with mounts for the gun

Went to Bass Pro.....idiots there

Cabellas at least put an effort to help me and sold me Leupold STD steel mounts for a Mauser 98. (Suppose to fit), but the screw hold are just a tiny bit off.....

Can anyone direct me ????

Thank you

Mike

ruger#1
09-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Try tradeexcanada.com They sell Zastava. And are in Ontario.

https://www.tradeexcanada.com/content/zastava-m70-2pc-base-medium-height-1-inch-rings

Rory McCanuck
09-02-2017, 01:30 PM
I would have thought that the '98 mounts would have been right.
How many of the holes don't line up?
It's entirely possible that the rifle was incorrectly drilled, not likely, but possible.
If one mount lines up and the other has one hole out half a hole, I'd suspect the rifle.

Mgreig
09-02-2017, 05:17 PM
I would have thought that the '98 mounts would have been right.
How many of the holes don't line up?
It's entirely possible that the rifle was incorrectly drilled, not likely, but possible.
If one mount lines up and the other has one hole out half a hole, I'd suspect the rifle.

Actually we discovered that in fact the gun must have been drilled wrong. The gun store ended up using a Winchester 98 base and all things are fine now.

They put medium height rings on, I am going back and getting high ones as this is a mistake.

Thank you all for the direction....loving this site

Justice
09-04-2017, 10:31 AM
The Medium rings should be high enough for a 40mm front lens. You may want to re-think 12X for a 7mm Mag though.
However, if you bought the rifle new, you should take it back for warrantee replacement.