PDA

View Full Version : Parker & Hale 30-06

ruger#1
09-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Picked this rifle up today. It has a gold coated trigger. The guy was so mad at it. He gave me the rifle. He couldn't get the magazine out of it. The trigger guard was loose. A little bit of rust on it. And a blob of crap in the barrel. Used a bore snake a few times. Came out nice and clean. The rifling looks good. Worked on getting the magazine out. A little oil and some prying. And fifteen minutes later it was out. Found out why it was sticking. The mag was rounded at the front. So I tapped it more square. Now it works fine. Next was the trigger guard. I had to take the locking mechanism apart that holds the mag in. And what do you know. There was a screw under it. So I took it apart with an Alan key. Cleaned all the rust and crud out of everything. Put it back together. Now when I have time, I will buy a box of shells and see if it will fire. Don't you just hate when people can fix things. That's what a Ford owner is all about. So far I have been given multiple generators, Weed eaters, And chainsaws. Fixed and sold.

linung
09-16-2017, 11:30 PM
good old WD40 fixes tons of sh!t.

:evil1:

ruger#1
09-17-2017, 10:19 AM

ruger#1
09-17-2017, 10:24 AM
I never use WD40. Not into the smell. It is also caustic. I use Remington cleaners and Hoppes #9 oil. Works good for me. For some reason I couldn't get the pictures to work with my NVidia Shield tablet. They worked ok with the HTC.

Justice
09-17-2017, 10:29 AM
"...It is also caustic..." Nope. WD displaces moisture. Caustic it ain't.
"...crud out of everything..." Fixes a lot of stuff.

ruger#1
09-17-2017, 10:36 AM
You have fun using it. We do not even use it at work. Our shop maintains three mills.

kennymo
09-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Nice freebie, my uncle has a 22-250 that is the spitting image of yours. He got it with a crack in the butt that he stuck back together if memory serves. It's been a real shooter over the years, with dozens upon dozens of coyotes under it's belt.

lakeboy1971
09-18-2017, 02:25 PM
I have the exact same gun. It was my Dad's and has put down a lot of moose. Always been a great shooter

Eel
09-18-2017, 03:36 PM
I never use WD40. Not into the smell. It is also caustic. I use Remington cleaners and Hoppes #9 oil. Works good for me. For some reason I couldn't get the pictures to work with my NVidia Shield tablet. They worked ok with the HTC.

I'm cannot believe that wd-40 is caustic to metals. I work in an engine machining shop and every, I mean every block gets hosed with wd-40 after it comes out of the wash. We have engines that have sat for years here that customers have had work done to and not paid their bills, and the blocks still look the same as they did the day they came out of the honer.

I have been a mechanic for 21 years and have sprayed wd-40 on metal, plastics, connectors, almost every piece of anything that goes into a vehicle and have never once seen any sign of good ol weasel piss have any caustic properties.

ruger#1
09-18-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm cannot believe that wd-40 is caustic to metals. I work in an engine machining shop and every, I mean every block gets hosed with wd-40 after it comes out of the wash. We have engines that have sat for years here that customers have had work done to and not paid their bills, and the blocks still look the same as they did the day they came out of the honer.

I have been a mechanic for 21 years and have sprayed wd-40 on metal, plastics, connectors, almost every piece of anything that goes into a vehicle and have never once seen any sign of good ol weasel piss have any caustic properties.
I do not use it. And will not use it.

Dewey Cox
09-18-2017, 05:39 PM
That boy ain't right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruger#1
09-18-2017, 06:15 PM
That boy ain't right.

Please Dewworm, Tell me more. Our shop services three feed mills. And our shop guys do not use it. Sorry if it offends you guys. Use it all you want. Its all preference. Lots of better products out there.

Dewey Cox
09-18-2017, 06:36 PM
Well I guess your shop guys aren't right either.
( and I hope you realize I'm just kidding around)

ruger#1
09-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Well I guess your shop guys aren't right either.
( and I hope you realize I'm just kidding around)

You dirty rotten. Yes I know. You got me in some other posts. My uncles name is Dewey. Hence Dew worm.

ruger#1
10-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Took the rifle out today. First shot at 100yrds. Was a bulls eye. I am happy with that. And the fact the rifle isn't a kicker.

ruger#1
11-03-2017, 08:18 PM
http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=4635&d=1509246918

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=4636&d=1509246945

Swampdonkey
11-03-2017, 08:39 PM
We have engines that have sat for years here that customers have had work done to and not paid their bills, and the blocks still look the same as they did the day they came out of the honer. .

You wait for years to get paid?

That's why I'm not self-employed. Customer's house would burn down and I'd be in jail.

ruger#1
11-03-2017, 09:08 PM
You wait for years to get paid?

That's why I'm not self-employed. Customer's house would burn down and I'd be in jail.

Ha , Ha. wrong thread. You guys also I see. I must of never made a 270 win thread.

ruger#1
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Found a spare magazine for the rifle. At $220. I let it go. Ouch.

762shooter
01-15-2018, 10:25 PM

...and gums up triggers too!

gtr
01-16-2018, 07:02 AM
Nice freebie, my uncle has a 22-250 that is the spitting image of yours. He got it with a crack in the butt that he stuck back together if memory serves. It's been a real shooter over the years, with dozens upon dozens of coyotes under it's belt.

Anytime you find a crack in a butt you need to fix it. Especially if its under the belt.

Pblatzz
01-30-2018, 08:07 AM
Nice Parker Hale 1200C..

MarkR
01-31-2018, 11:36 PM
Please Dewworm, Tell me more. Our shop services three feed mills. And our shop guys do not use it. Sorry if it offends you guys. Use it all you want. Its all preference. Lots of better products out there.

I work in an automotive plant that does everything from steel door frames, sunroofs, and actuators with presses, saws robot welders, thermal and reactive plastic injection; not used by any one in either maint. or engineering.