PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Tire to stop sale of SKS rifles and accessories

Drache
10-13-2017, 04:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RCyDbkR.jpg

lone-wolf
10-13-2017, 04:47 PM
I emailed Matthew listed on this about why sks rifles and accessories were not gonna be sold anymore.

Ryan

Sorry i have to ask are store staff? Which one?

Regards

Matthew McGuire

So I have to wonder how accurate that is.

Gunexpert007
10-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Pretty accurate I think . Calibre Magazine has a bulletin about it as well . The question is why is CT is taking the action ?

DasMauser
10-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Emailed corporate as well. I'm sure they're getting a ton of emails/calls about this but I am curious as to why the sudden decision.

Rory McCanuck
10-13-2017, 07:21 PM
curious as to why the sudden decision.
So they aren't stuck with huge stocks of prohibs in a couple months.

JustBen
10-13-2017, 07:46 PM
So they aren't stuck with huge stocks of prohibs in a couple months.

More likely a case of the sky falling than the SKS becoming prohibited. To be honest, it's the gun of choice for many first timers and probably in most people's firearm collection.

Gunexpert007
10-13-2017, 07:46 PM
I suspect that it has a lot to do with the fact that an unpinned SKS is actually a 10 shot rifle . There is a lot of talk about the govt. coming down on center fire rifle mags that can hold more than 5 shots when the pin is removed ; and that pinned mags will no longer be sold in Canada . By design , the SKSs internal mag is 10 shots when not pinned ; and that may be an issue that CT is trying to avoid.....time will tell I guess .

lone-wolf
10-13-2017, 08:17 PM
More likely a case of the sky falling than the SKS becoming prohibited. To be honest, it's the gun of choice for many first timers and probably in most people's firearm collection.

It doesn't sound like it's Canada wide either.

Doug_M
10-13-2017, 08:23 PM
and that pinned mags will no longer be sold in Canada

There is no such thing as a 5 round mag for AR-15's. 10 is the smallest they can make due to the magazine well. I'm sure there are other rifles like that too.

joe6167
10-13-2017, 10:19 PM
I think it was Tracey Wilson of the CCFR that mentioned in a video there was an issue with the suppliers. Can't help but notice the supplies are mentioned in that notice, perhaps someone should get in touch with them.

Gunexpert007
10-14-2017, 04:40 AM
I guess none of us know for sure why CT appears to be pulling this rifle from their inventory . It could be just simple safety concerns as CT pulled SKSs before after someone had a slam fire incident . It just seems odd that if CT is getting out of the sales of SKSs ; why they would not just drop the price , and sell the remaining stock , instead of pulling it from the shelve altogether .

Turtlehead
10-14-2017, 06:45 AM
I guess none of us know for sure why CT appears to be pulling this rifle from their inventory . It could be just simple safety concerns as CT pulled SKSs before after someone had a slam fire incident . It just seems odd that if CT is getting out of the sales of SKSs ; why they would not just drop the price , and sell the remaining stock , instead of pulling it from the shelve altogether .

seasonal discontinuation?

Newbgunner
10-14-2017, 08:54 AM
You can still get the svt's and mosins. Can't we just have an election already?

Justice
10-14-2017, 10:24 AM
"...the SKSs internal mag is 10 shots when not pinned..." And is prohibited as such. There's no exception in the FA for the SKS.
Lone-wolf's response suggests the guy did not make the decision and is most likely a franchise owner's idea. No SKS' in local Crappy Tire's anyway.
"...no such thing as a 5 round mag for AR-15's..." Um, no. There are lots of 'em. Lotta States don't allow more than 5 for hunting. The Smith M&P 15 California Compliant comes with one.

Grump
10-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Great I just got one and sounds like the Liberal Gov./Rcmp want to take it away. There must be a reason why CT is removing them from sale to the public. Have to see if other dealers do the same then we will know something is up. Wow my first post as a new member and it has to be about worrying if I can keep my gun. :smash:

joe6167
10-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Has anyone contacted North Sylva and Bell Outdoors for comment yet?

blacksmithden
10-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Great I just got one and sounds like the Liberal Gov./Rcmp want to take it away. There must be a reason why CT is removing them from sale to the public. Have to see if other dealers do the same then we will know something is up. Wow my first post as a new member and it has to be about worrying if I can keep my gun. :smash:

It's possible they got wind of some kind of lie-beral future action. At the same time, they got one report of a full auto that slipped through and pulled everything off the shelves Canada wide over it. Canadian Tire is a company that is paranoid about public opinion and legalities. Over-reaction is their base line. I wouldn't bury my SKS out in a tube 40 miles out in the bush until there's a reason to.

ESnel
10-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Has anyone contacted North Sylva and Bell Outdoors for comment yet?

Why as this decision has been made by CanTire not their suppliers.

Doug_M
10-14-2017, 12:54 PM
"...no such thing as a 5 round mag for AR-15's..." Um, no. There are lots of 'em. Lotta States don't allow more than 5 for hunting. The Smith M&P 15 California Compliant comes with one.

A ten rounder mag pinned to five (or plugged or similar) or something else like a mag body that is solid except for that last little bit?

EDIT: California is limited to 10 rounds. Don't know of any other state that is less than that. This site has California compliant magazines and their method is a plug in the mag and then to seal the floor plate. Still don't think there is any such thing as a 5 round AR mag manufactured as such.
http://www.calegalmags.com/1030-Magpul-PMAG-ARM4-GEN-M3-223556-Medium-Coyote-Tan_p_1684.html

joe6167
10-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Why as this decision has been made by CanTire not their suppliers.

Because in a video (October 12, 11:17am) on the CCFR Facebook Group page, Tracey Wilson visited the CT in Gatineu, QC to ask around about the SKSs and was first told that the reason for this change was due to a problem with an "importer not renewing their license," but then was told by another employee that the cost of SKSs have gone up considerably.

Here's a great article on what goes in to bringing in Surplus ammo and guns:

https://calibremag.ca/surplus-ammunition-how-it-gets-from-there-to-here/

ESnel
10-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Because in a video (October 12, 11:17am) on the CCFR Facebook Group page, Tracey Wilson visited the CT in Gatineu, QC to ask around about the SKSs and was first told that the reason for this change was due to a problem with an "importer not renewing their license," but then was told by another employee that the cost of SKSs have gone up considerably.

Here's a great article on what goes in to bringing in Surplus ammo and guns:

https://calibremag.ca/surplus-ammunition-how-it-gets-from-there-to-here/

https://i.imgur.com/RCyDbkR.jpg

The two points you bring up is in reference to the price. The notice shown in the image is a stop sale,it's one thing to say your not bringing in more inventory it's another to say remove current product from the shelf. That decision comes from corporate not the supplier.

I wonder if this applies to the corporate owned stores as opposed to the franchisee stores? There is a franchisee store in Vancouver that carries SKS and other firearms,given the chance I'll drop by in the near future and see what they say.

M39
10-14-2017, 02:04 PM
So a belt fed is fine with the government and an unlimited .22 rim fire is ok. That is stupid.

Stew
10-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Can Tires in Winnipeg still have SKS, the one on Leila has a full display of them plus JR Carbine, TNW survival, a HK semi and assorted Mosins, went to pick up some 7.62 x 25, they sell boxes of 70 rounds. No one there knew of any change in their policy concerning SKS

88 louie
10-14-2017, 05:06 PM
So a belt fed is fine with the government and an unlimited .22 rim fire is ok. That is stupid.

Well, those are the rules/laws, which we can legally abide by, if one so chooses to.
As long as one does it safely, in an area that allows the discharge of firearms, it is a legal activity,
& some people like shooting bullets,,,Lots of them.
As for the post, it is a strange situation.

Gunexpert007
10-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Some folks are saying that CT has become concerned over SKSs because they can be converted for bump firing ; and CT is concerned over public backlash because of what happened in Vegas .

Lee Enfield
10-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Email address is on the flyer, we need everyone to send a email mentioning the stupidity of their actions.

labradort
10-14-2017, 06:46 PM
The CCFR may have themselves to blame for this. In their policy document they advocate the capacity limiting pin is easy to circumvent.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/15-11-magazine-restrictions/

In this logic, there is no point having the limit. Bzzz. Backfire. Government sees that and says there is no point having such rifles. When will people learn rocking the boat brings on attention we're better off not having when the powers that be are going to err on the side of fear of guns.

It's like if you have an over-protective mother that doesn't understand certain things (say mechanical, electrical). Even a kid knows, you don't draw attention to something she doesn't understand or she takes it all away for the kid's safety.

I don't know why it is, but some firearms owners love saying stupid things like "that trigger lock won't stop anyone", and "that gun cabinet can be pried open in a few minutes with a crowbar". Just keep it up guys. We'll teach them these rules don't stop anyone and they will take it all into community Fort Knox lock ups like S-223 proposed.

RangeBob
10-14-2017, 07:04 PM
The CCFR may have themselves to blame for this. In their policy document they advocate the capacity limiting pin is easy to circumvent.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/15-11-magazine-restrictions/

I really really doubt that Goodale is looking to CCFR for things to legislate. I'd imagine he has enough people {Coalition for gun control, the 7 direct supporters of the Coalition for gun control on the firearms committee, assorted Liberal MPs, assorted Liberal Party members and advisers, the RCMP, the police chiefs, a few hundred Public Safety bureaucrats, and who knows who else} giving him such advise without resorting to the CCFR. Far more likely he spends as little time as possible listening to the CCFR.

Blaming the CCFR who are merely trying to explain reality, seems incorrect targeting.

I had an casual conversation with a senior staff member of the PCO a few days ago and he laughed at the topic of gun control. "Everyone knows the issue of gun control is just politics, any politician who tells you it is about public safety is a liar. Hunters don't rob the corner store"
-- Strangeday, 2014/04/27

labradort
10-14-2017, 07:12 PM
I really really doubt that Goodale is looking to CCFR for things to legislate. I'd imagine he has enough people {Coalition for gun control, the 7 direct supporters of the Coalition for gun control on the firearms committee, assorted Liberal MPs, assorted Liberal Party members and advisers, the RCMP, the police chiefs, a few hundred Public Safety bureaucrats, and who knows who else} giving him such advise without resorting to the CCFR. Far more likely he spends as little time as possible listening to the CCFR.

Blaming the CCFR who are merely trying to explain reality, seems incorrect targeting.

I had an casual conversation with a senior staff member of the PCO a few days ago and he laughed at the topic of gun control. "Everyone knows the issue of gun control is just politics, any politician who tells you it is about public safety is a liar. Hunters don't rob the corner store"
-- Strangeday, 2014/04/27

I wouldn't imagine Goodale cruising the firearmrights.ca web site either.

The CCFR organization has been working to broadcast this position that pinning is useless.

You put that information in front of some anti activist and they will make sure the wrong people learn of the horror.

labradort
10-14-2017, 07:20 PM

And that is exactly how to complain about it so that the government will introduce limits on .22 rimfire. You show the inconsistency, they will fix it so the rules are consistent, and you won't like the fix. I won't like the fix either.

ESnel
10-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Some folks are saying that CT has become concerned over SKSs because they can be converted for bump firing ; and CT is concerned over public backlash because of what happened in Vegas .

Talked to someone I know with CanTire , what 007 said along with http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20141114-89-eng.htm and the multiple mention by rcmp and police 'experts' refering to the SKS as an assault rifle in press releases has corporate scared of a PR issue,

speedloader
10-14-2017, 10:25 PM
If they are gonna sell guns at every store they better grow a pair
they add to the nanny snowflake crap when they give in to BS all the time
better stop selling chain saws, baseball bats,shovels, axes , machetes, all can be used as a lethal weapon
in the wrong hands and some are used alot more than firearms with bump fires to do harm especially in the US
but I would hate to have to burst the BS bubble with facts especially in this time of grave dancing
by the antis in the aftermath of the latest tragedy they are using to further their agenda
cause we've never seen them do that before....

shootemup604
10-14-2017, 11:34 PM
I'll take them off their hands, cheap!

LB303
10-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Talked to someone I know with CanTire , what 007 said along with http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20141114-89-eng.htm and the multiple mention by rcmp and police 'experts' refering to the SKS as an assault rifle in press releases has corporate scared of a PR issue,

I don't suppose they've seen the meme about bolt actions being 'sniper rifles'

labradort
10-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Still available at Cabelas. Hopefully it is more like the case of Walmart not selling the type of ammo used by some firearm at Columbine. That is, if the stop sale is specific to the retail chain store. Its all magical contagion, not "evidence based" logic. It is a miracle we still have Pepsi, Tylenol and clown costumes after all the scares related to stuff like that.

RangeBob
10-15-2017, 11:09 AM

This week's is a meme about bolt actions being bump-stock sniper rifles.

bolt action
https://s1.postimg.org/5524767rgv/IMG_7515.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/SNIPER.JPG

ESnel
10-15-2017, 11:09 AM

The people at corporate making the decision are as well qualified as any person the lieberals would pick to be on a firearms committee.Think lieberal arts major/HR person deciding on hiring requirements for a technical/skilled position.

ESnel
10-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Still available at Cabelas. Hopefully it is more like the case of Walmart not selling the type of ammo used by some firearm at Columbine. That is, if the stop sale is specific to the retail chain store. Its all magical contagion, not "evidence based" logic. It is a miracle we still have Pepsi, Tylenol and clown costumes after all the scares related to stuff like that.

It's a CanTire thing

88 louie
10-15-2017, 12:56 PM
It's a CanTire thing

I'm not so sure about that. I listened to the "Canadian Gun Vault" podcast last night about the SKS situation. It was quite good. Some of you may find it interesting. It's about 30 minutes long, on Utube. As suggested near the end, I will be calling my local representative to voice my concerns, even though I do not own an SKS. Support your fellow firearm enthusiasts or be trampled by our supposed political leaders. Time will tell.

88 louie
10-15-2017, 01:02 PM
This week's is a meme about bolt actions being bump-stock sniper rifles.

http://www.a-human-right.com/SNIPER.JPG

Damn. We really need a #Dad's demand Mom's to know what the hell they are talking about.
Edit- Although the moms meme didn't transfer to my post, that is what I am referring to.

Gunexpert007
10-15-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I listened to the "Canadian Gun Vault" podcast last night about the SKS situation. It was quite good. Some of you may find it interesting. It's about 30 minutes long, on Utube. As suggested near the end, I will be calling my local representative to voice my concerns, even though I do not own an SKS. Support your fellow firearm enthusiasts or be trampled by our supposed political leaders. Time will tell.

.....and it will certainly affect more than just the SKS ; but it looks like mag restrictions will be the first move .

Stew
10-15-2017, 04:54 PM
I talked to 2 Can Tire gun managers and a couple guys at cabelas, no one has heard anything about any restrictions, they all suggested it was a localized event

LB303
10-15-2017, 07:08 PM
More SKS bad-assery. Or is it just Winnipeg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/man-caught-carrying-a-semi-automatic-rifle-with-a-bayonet-in-north-end-1.4355850

Rory McCanuck
10-15-2017, 07:36 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/man-caught-carrying-a-semi-automatic-rifle-with-a-bayonet-in-north-end-1.4355850

the man with the gun, described as an SKS-style rifle with a large bayonet on the barrel, near the corner of Salter Street and Mountain around 8:40 a.m.
Perfectly reasonable for that corner, although only having two rounds ready to go is troubling.

LB303
10-15-2017, 08:11 PM
expecting a fight?

kennymo
10-15-2017, 09:56 PM
expecting a fight?

That's the Legion you get shanked at for winning the meat draw.....

Rory McCanuck
10-15-2017, 10:20 PM
I lived a block south and two blocks west of there.
My neighbour came out one morning to a guy beat to death with a bike lock laying in the back lane.
The butcher next door was broken into once a month, like clockwork.

Across the street from the butcher was the local wannabe gang's clubhouse.
Part of the gang initiation was stealing a car.
Next door was the yard where they would drop off the cars when they were done.
One week we had four cars towed from there.

One night my wife woke up to a strange noise.
A stolen Honda Civic was driving down the street bouncing off the parked cars.
He tore through the quarter and driver's door on my almost mint '74 Dart.

Real nice neighbourhood.

Turtlehead
10-16-2017, 06:42 PM
I lived a block south and two blocks west of there.

One night my wife woke up to a strange noise.
A stolen Honda Civic was driving down the street bouncing off the parked cars.
He tore through the quarter and driver's door on my almost mint '74 Dart.

Real nice neighbourhood.

Bloody savages

Turtlehead
10-16-2017, 06:49 PM

as i read that i find myself wondering,what was the concealed weapon?

Billythreefeathers
10-16-2017, 07:37 PM
nope,, still lots of them is Swift,, ask he gun guy,, he looked at me like I had two heads,,

lone-wolf
10-16-2017, 07:41 PM
I never got another reply from Matthew yet. I wish the ccfr would of contacted CT before releasing a guy's email and phone number to facebook.
We might of gotten better answers.

Rory McCanuck
10-16-2017, 09:05 PM
Wait, a Canadian gun org going off half-cocked?

http://www.3quarksdaily.com/.a/6a00d8341c562c53ef01bb088d389b970d-250wi

Stew
10-16-2017, 09:40 PM
as i read that i find myself wondering,what was the concealed weapon?

likely the ammo in his pocket

Swampdonkey
10-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Wait, a Canadian gun org going off half-cocked?

http://www.3quarksdaily.com/.a/6a00d8341c562c53ef01bb088d389b970d-250wi

Jumping the Gun?

joe6167
10-17-2017, 05:16 AM
I never got another reply from Matthew yet. I wish the ccfr would of contacted CT before releasing a guy's email and phone number to facebook.
We might of gotten better answers.

But the guy's name and phone number was on the notice that Canadian Tire posted on their shelves (see post #1)

lone-wolf
10-17-2017, 07:42 AM
But the guy's name and phone number was on the notice that Canadian Tire posted on their shelves (see post #1)

They brought the problem themselves then, ccfr just exasperated it.

Sinbad
10-17-2017, 09:54 AM
http://www.firearmsnews.com/uncategorized/russia-to-destroy-4-million-guns/

Interesting this will help their value go up

joe6167
10-17-2017, 09:54 AM
They brought the problem themselves then, ccfr just exasperated it.

How so? Everyone, everywhere seems to be losing their minds over it.

Rory McCanuck
10-17-2017, 10:07 AM
No one knew anything about it until the CCFR brought it to everyone's attention.

Sinbad
10-17-2017, 10:12 AM
I'd be curious to know how many people will phone this Mathew and Dave who's phone numbers was posted? I bet their pissed at whoever posted it. They didn't see that coming.

They don't call it crappy tire for nothing. I rarely go there despite it being 5 min from my house. Years a ago you'd have to fight with them to get a refund, but as stores with more no nonsense refund policies like Costco and Home Depot showed up they changed their ways.

They've gotten better they had to or perish . I have never bought ammo from them ever as there are cheaper places to get it. So they can send their 7.62x29 back also for all I care.

lone-wolf
10-17-2017, 01:40 PM
They have an equal payment plan, no interest, that has tempted me to buy rifles there before. But I resisted. Prices too high.

DasMauser
10-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Just got an email back from corporate, about as bland and generic as you'd expect. No clear answer, I haven't made it to the Graden City crappy tire yet, may swing by today.

"Thank you very much for contacting Canadian Tire regarding SKS branded firearms.

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with our decision to discontinue the sale of SKS firearms in our stores.

As part of our regular product review process, we often introduce or retire products from our categories, taking into consideration product mix and assortment. Last year alone, we introduced over 10,000 new items, including products in our hunting and fishing categories in support of Canada's rich outdoor traditions

We value your opinion and your comments have been shared with those most closely related for their review.

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to respond."

Stew
10-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Garden City has a display case full as well as a bunch of Mosins including a "sniper"

3MTA3
10-18-2017, 01:50 PM

I noticed a link to this on that page-
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/gun-health-sceinces-centre-winnipeg-1.4351723

And also

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/i-team-bbq-bristle-reports-1.4354745

This country is going down fast.

lone-wolf
10-18-2017, 02:11 PM
None were in the charlottetown store but could of sold the couple they had.

ilikemoose
10-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Was in the Chilliwack store yesterday.

SKS shelf was empty.

lone-wolf
10-18-2017, 03:23 PM
The baikal over/under I was always looking at is gone too.

The stainless mini14 was on sale for one thousand something. Big sale.

joe6167
10-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Rod Giltaca of the CCFR reached out to the CSAAA for comment on Canadian Tire. Here it for yourself:

https://podcast.ccfr.ca/episodes/009-episode-9/

Beginning at 14:42.

The CSAAA says it was the CTC board of Directors deciding to pull all the SKSs after Las Vegas. They also say that initially the board wanted to pull ALL Semi-Auto rifles!

Sinbad
10-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Rod Giltaca of the CCFR reached out to the CSAAA for comment on Canadian Tire. Here it for yourself:

https://podcast.ccfr.ca/episodes/009-episode-9/

Beginning at 14:42.

The CSAAA says it was the CTC board of Directors deciding to pull all the SKSs after Las Vegas. They also say that initially the board wanted to pull ALL Semi-Auto rifles!

Thanks for posting this

Everybody's saying that it's only CT not selling SKS and don't panic OK fine. What I did find interesting that was said was CT stopped selling the 10/22 mags before the RCMP made their announcement.

That just seems to far from being coincidental to think they are not being informed beforehand. Call me paranoid if you want. The gun registry wasn't destroyed no surprise there. They can justify that anyway they want. Where I come from they call that a lie.

I also wasn't to impressed to find out that being a member of the CCFR I'm exempt from the gun draw their having because I won't sign up for Facebook. Maybe I'll just stick with CCSA and won't sign up for them.

Rod seems well versed but I'm the one always searching for the info. I never get it sent to me. Even the NFA used to send me info, it was usually regurgitated from elsewhere but sent none the less

joe6167
10-18-2017, 04:20 PM
Thanks for posting this

Everybody's saying that it's only CT not selling SKS and don't panic OK fine. What I did find interesting that was said was CT stopped selling the 10/22 mags before the RCMP made their announcement.

That just seems to far from being coincidental to think they are not being informed beforehand. Call me paranoid if you want. The gun registry wasn't destroyed no surprise there. They can justify that anyway they want. Where I come from they call that a lie.

I also wasn't to impressed to find out that being a member of the CCFR I'm exempt from the gun draw their having because I won't sign up for Facebook. Maybe I'll just stick with CCSA and won't sign up for them.

Rod seems well versed but I'm the one always searching for the info. I never get it sent to me. Even the NFA used to send me info, it was usually regurgitated from elsewhere but sent none the less

I practically live on the CCFR Facebook group. I've set it up so that my news feed is largely firearms related stuff (rather than all the meaningless crap my friends post and share: "if 3 kittens equals 30, what does 1.5 kittens equal" and crap like that). Of course you could always go to their website too.

The CSSA newsletter is pretty dull, since it is ONLY regurgitated stuff that I had already read either on GOC or the CCFR Group page, and very little in that newsletter tells you what the CSSA IS actually doing! They kept repeating the same old blurb about the 10/22 lawsuit for several months, and I don't think there has been any mention of it in a while now. And in all honesty, I have no idea what if anything the CSSA is up to. Maybe if they had a comparable Facebook group for example...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCFR.CCDAF/

lone-wolf
10-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Ol' Sheldon is off speaking to the UN, likely on deaf ears

speedloader
10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Sounds like the ctc board of directors are buying into the anti crap
thats doesn't help us in fact it makes things worse for us

Sinbad
10-18-2017, 04:39 PM
I guess it's better than having nothing but none of these groups seem to be all that great. I"m a member of CSSA.CCFR and gave up NFA when all the BS started.

To bad they coudn't all pull together and make one group like a Canadian NRA and be more effective instead of competing with each other.

I'm not sorry for not being a member of Facebook. Never have been and won't.

Stew
10-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Thanks for posting this

seems only CT in the East are dropping SKS, we have stores here with several on display

joe6167
10-18-2017, 06:03 PM
I guess it's better than having nothing but none of these groups seem to be all that great. I"m a member of CSSA.CCFR and gave up NFA when all the BS started.

To bad they coudn't all pull together and make one group like a Canadian NRA and be more effective instead of competing with each other.

I'm not sorry for not being a member of Facebook. Never have been and won't.

Look at the bright side, the CSSA played a part with C-42 a few years back, while the CCFR is in almost daily contact with numerous politicians and especially Ralph Goodale's office, AND Tracey Wilson is the only registered Gun Lobbyist in the country!!

Sinbad
10-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Yes better than nothing that's for sure

M39
10-19-2017, 10:22 AM
The sks’s I have seen in Canadian Tire are not exactly mint anyway. Usually painted in bbq paint

freep
10-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Garden City has a display case full as well as a bunch of Mosins including a "sniper"

Just went to Winnipeg Garden City CT today. All SKSs are gone.

Stew
10-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Just went to Winnipeg Garden City CT today. All SKSs are gone.

Zounds, no one was saying anything when I was there, glad I have 2 Simonovs, hope they don't have to go to the camp

t_glover
10-22-2017, 06:02 PM
The SKS's at my local Canadian Tire are gone too. I'm glad I picked up a couple while they
were on sale. I was able to pick through them and left with a couple nice ones.

Terry

Stew
10-22-2017, 06:27 PM
time to grab some Cabela's magazines methinks

ruger#1
10-24-2017, 06:49 PM
seems only CT in the East are dropping SKS, we have stores here with several on display

I haven't seen any in a while in my town. They had some in laminate a month a go.

DasMauser
10-27-2017, 07:34 PM
Will have to check Selkirk CT if I get out to the range this weekend. Last I was there couple months ago half of their gun rack was laminate sks's. The guy working sporting goods said they were hot sellers as I recall.

M1917 Enfield
10-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Only guns they sell in any of the many Canadian Tire stores in the National Capital region are a few under 500 fps airguns! Been that way for about 20-30 years now.

Sinbad
10-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Only guns they sell in any of the many Canadian Tire stores in the National Capital region are a few under 500 fps airguns! Been that way for about 20-30 years now.

I think some of that depends on the bylaws in the various municipalities and Cities. I know Surrey has this anal mayor who so dumb she thinks there's this mythical wall that stop people bringing guns into her area if they can't buy them there. There is one shop that was grandfathered in . "International" but they can't expand and no others will be granted licenses.

All the surrounding municipalities around her sell firearms. CT wants to but can't yet Langley CT has firearms.

I wrote her to tell her my thoughts after she ruined the annual Gun show by not allowing handguns and ammo, but you can't fix stupid.

mtlgun
10-30-2017, 07:10 PM
My local gun shop deals with Bell and North Sylva, CT's main distributors. So far no firesale on returned SKS's.

Stew
10-31-2017, 06:27 PM
they're gone from the Steinbach store, they got that memo, no other explanation, pissed them off, it was their best seller, over 200/yr

Hidyn
11-01-2017, 07:05 PM
I think some of that depends on the bylaws in the various municipalities and Cities. I know Surrey has this anal mayor who so dumb she thinks there's this mythical wall that stop people bringing guns into her area if they can't buy them there. There is one shop that was grandfathered in . "International" but they can't expand and no others will be granted licenses.

I'm going to look into that and maybe make a few online purchases.

freep
11-06-2017, 07:54 PM
What are some recommendations for buying an SKS online?

Swampdonkey
11-06-2017, 08:06 PM
What are some reconsiderations for buying an SKS online?

Buy one from hical. Dave knows his stuff, will give you a fair deal.

Otherwise, don't overpay. Too many rode hard and put away wet sloppy seconds out there.