PDA

View Full Version : New employee at the Alberta CFO gives me hope!

Drache
10-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Ok so I figured this deserved a new thread! I called up the CFP and asked to be transferred to the BC CFO and instead I was transferred to the Alberta CFO....

As some know 9 days ago I bought a new handgun and it went to the CFO for approval. I was told that it would be 3 more weeks until it was approved as they were just starting the approvals for transfers starting back on September 19th.

Now I mentioned to the lady (who was brand new, it was her first day) that I was going to be hosting a "course" getting women into shooting handguns and that the course was coming up very quickly and I hoped the transfer would be approved as soon as possible. I figure that I'm going to be SOL and end up having to reschedule.

TWO HOURS LATER I get a phone call from this lady out of the blue. She went right up to her superior and had gotten my transfer approved right then and there! On top of that a copy of my LTATT and even an STATT (don't know why :p) were being printed up immediately and being mailed out by priority post.

I hope this lady works there for a very long time!

jonanddad
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Wow! very nice!

Tallguy
10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow, now that's service.

boomboy
10-18-2012, 08:09 PM
wow, that's some surprisingly great service

Stephen
10-19-2012, 01:46 AM
What a sexist bitch :D

sDot
10-19-2012, 03:45 AM
What a sexist bitch :D

Well at least we know what gets the ball rolling..

Satain
10-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Just another reason why we should change the capital of this country and put it into the province of the Alberta.

sDot
10-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Just another reason why we should change the capital of this country and put it into the province of the Alberta.

Should change it to Newfoundland and then just sit back and watch the show.

DougPeach
10-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Name? So we can send showers of praise and adoration?

Drache
10-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Name? So we can send showers of praise and adoration?

I was so blown back when she called me back I forgot to ask for her name :(

stevebc
10-21-2012, 02:58 PM
It's nice that she's nice and efficient, but her job shouldn't exist at all. Praising the employees of the system that screws us over isn't appropriate, imo.

Drache
10-21-2012, 03:00 PM
It's nice that she's nice and efficient, but her job shouldn't exist at all. Praising the employees of the system that screws us over isn't appropriate, imo.

It's not this woman's job to screw us over. I am praising the woman and her ethics, not the CFO office. She didn't have to help me and probably got in trouble for doing so. This woman went above and beyond what her duties were just so I'd have my gun on time. That is praise worthy and appropriate to do so IMO....

hercster
03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I had a similar experience with the BC CFO. I sold a handgun about five/six weeks before I was scheduled to come to Texas for the winter and after almost four weeks was getting nervous.

I called the CFO's office and got a new, part time person who was assigned from some other office to help clear a backlog. I always get the name of the person I'm talking with and make a point of using it in the conversation. I explained to Lucy or what ever her name was, the circumstances and my concerns. She told me she would look into the transaction and call me back. A few minutes later Lucy called saying that she had checked and had given my transaction a push. Emails were already on the way with the details I needed to ship to my BC buyer.

I get excellent service from our CFO office. Because I spend so much time away from home, it always seems like I'm waiting for a firearm I intend to take with me when I leave for the US. I have to allow for processing by the ATF too. Maintaining a personal contact really helps. All of my transactions are sent to the same person and I never fail to send a "thank you" email or card. People dealing with people really works! :-)

addictedshooter
03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Let me get this straight, A CFO agent (employee?) actually served a member of the public? In a timely and efficient manner? Without an heir of superiority ? Without making it seem like they were doing you a favor? Will wonders ever cease?
In all seriousness, there is no reason why anyone should have to wait 2 months for a transfer. This nice lady can serve as an example to her colleagues on how to do their job and serve the taxpayers that pay their salary.

Asphalt Cowboy
03-11-2013, 12:51 AM
one word ... "Wow"

YukonLeftie
03-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Wonder if she got a stern reprimand for doing so.

killer kane
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Probably considering what's going on now.

killer kane
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Called in today regarding a recent purchase, lady on the other end was cranky, said I'd call back tomorrow, she said, "We start at 8:30, so...."I said, "I'll phone shortly after that. " don't think she liked the way things used to be done here, I kinda let her know, they weren't livng up to the standard set by previous cfo redmonton employees, she said " Lucky you don't live in B.C." I can't wait for tomorrow, hell I might just drop in and see how my transfer's going.:evil1:

stevesummit
03-15-2013, 06:34 AM
I would go down personally and see how it's going just to see if the treatment face to face is any better

killer kane
03-15-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm thinking the same thing Steve, I have to meet some people later in the afternoon, so being the good sport that I am, I'll wait till later in the morning, after I seal and insulate one of the rooms I'm working on.

KeNd0
03-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Know someone who tried to get a restricted transfer done today. Rather than drive back in with a 45-50 min drive, told her it was aprox an hour and wanted to save a trip. The lady on the phone says I know where you live, and it is not an hour. We cannot process you today. Nice. Last time they gave me the same run around on a Friday afternoon. Nope cannot do it, maybe if you lived further away. Monday at 930 I received call from store saying transfer was complete. This behaviour is petty and childish. Be sure to sign the CSSA petition. Send em packing.

haha49
03-16-2013, 10:45 PM
I just tell them I need a short term to loan a firearm out after 2 weeks if it's not done I do that funny how next day it gets approved... They don't like me down at the BC CFO office. 1 of them screamed at me for asking for paperwork to do things legally they said just do it like everyone else and just take it to the post office. I replied but officer that would be illegal and unlawful to do. (he was mad as heck) He then threatened to block all my transfers from now on. I did mange to get all the way to the top boss in that office and explained what happened in a calm manor I explained that I follow all the laws and just want the paperwork that's required and I don't like when I speak to people in a nice calm voice getting yelled at in that way. I drove them nuts with have a nice day... The CFO also explained that he can't block transfer which I replied I know because I've dealt with the people in Ottawa who approve them first. I think he was shocked when I had every single persons extension. I always record name date and person spoken with. It's called covering my behind.

They really hate loaner guns... They say well it's in your name I reply so what I can prove I shipped it... they really don't like that..

killer kane
03-17-2013, 10:05 AM
So, I phoned Friday morning, transfer was completed. Talked to another lady at the cfo office, this one was way nicer, I think I've dealt with her before, anyway picked up my pistol. All good. The moral of the story? If you have to phone in for an update and hopefully try to expidite your purchase pickup and get a cranky woman named Nora, I believe, make an excuse to get off the phone and phone back, you'll have much better results and even if you don't you'll at least have a pleasant conversation, as opposed to the one I had.