PDA

View Full Version : Does the black badge course expire?

RobertMcC
03-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Was wondering if I took a long break from IPSC, and came back. Would I have to redo the Black Badge course? or can I just pay my dues and get a new rule book and be rusty new old IPSC shooter?

3MTA3
03-03-2018, 06:47 AM
-CERTIFICATION
From time to time Black Badge holders that have not been current members want to
come back and compete in IPSC competitions. This is not difficult but it isn’t automatic.
Just because you have a Black Badge doesn’t mean you may
compete in IPSC matches.
For example, if a person has been absent for less than two years, all that’s required is
for the person to complete an IPSC Membership Application and send it to head office
with a cheque for the appropriate dues which is currently $70.00 If a Black Badge holder
has not been a member for more than two years but less than three years, it will require
an assessment by a currently certified IPSC Black Badge Instructor and a paid
membership.
If a Black Badge holder has not been a member for more than three years, it requires
the person to submit an IPSC Ontario Membership Application and pay a regular
membership fee of $70.00 and an Instructor fee of $50.00 followed by completion of the
recertification exercises and writing the open book exam to reacquaint themselves with
the rules that may have changed since they last shot.
If the returning member has been absent for more than four years it will require an IPSC
Ontario Membership Application, a regular membership fee of $70.00, and an instructor
fee of $50.00, completion of the open book exam and recertification exercises if at this
point their skills are deemed to be not up to standards they can take the full course at
no additional cost to recertify.
In all cases where a member is returning after an absence, an IPSC Ontario
membership application must first be paid to IPSC Ontario as IPSC Ontario does not
train individuals unless they are first a member.
In all cases where a returning member successfully completes a new Black Badge
course, he or she will be issued a blue Provisional Black Badge card and is required to
successfully compete in at least one sanctioned IPSC Ontario pistol match.

https://www.ipsc-ont.org/docs/bbpolicy2016.pdf

RobertMcC
03-03-2018, 07:59 AM
https://www.ipsc-ont.org/docs/bbpolicy2016.pdf

Thanks, reason I asked. IPSC practices before PPC on Friday night and I went early. Mainly to chat with the older guy that shoots PPC since he shows up early. Few were practicing some IPSC and asked if I wanted to shoot some of the practice? Well Its been awhile since I shot IPSC, over a decade maybe. And wasn't sure if I could just jump right in.

So probably would have to re do everything since.

If the returning member has been absent for more than four years it will require an IPSC
Ontario Membership Application, a regular membership fee of $70.00, and an instructor
fee of $50.00, completion of the open book exam and recertification exercises if at this
point their skills are deemed to be not up to standards they can take the full course at
no additional cost to recertify.

3MTA3
03-03-2018, 10:56 AM
I think it is all about the coin- if you maintain your membership there does seem to be a problem- without the cash you need to be screened.

IJ22
03-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Of course it may be different in NS. Try signing up and see what happens. :)

3MTA3
03-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Of course it may be different in NS. Try signing up and see what happens. :)

For sure- thanks for pointing out.

RobertMcC
03-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Thanks, Since Ive been absent and haven't been a member since 2009. I have to redo the the BB course, which is only 100$ and that includes the year fee..

superbad
03-03-2018, 07:33 PM
got to pay those union fees