PDA

View Full Version : Dlask custom Canadian legal bullpup

loki
10-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I do hate posting the same thread in multiple forums but I do know that some members here are banned at CGN, so I'm posting it here. For the record as the original thread is attracting the obvoius prohibited comments from those who aren't reading the post, the rifle in the pic is for illustrative purpose only to show the concept of a M14 based bullpup made legal for Canada.

Either post in this thread I made on the topic, (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?820471-Dlask-custom-Canadian-legal-bullpup&p=7830909#post7830909) or contact Dlask by emailing off the website informing them that your life just isn't complete without this rifle ;). They're looking to gauge interest, so show them your interest.

In this thread I hope to raise some attention to the possibility of a bullpup rifle custom built by Dlask based off of a M14 action.

http://www.deadzombies.ca/forumPics/P1000737a.jpg

Under the current configuration as that pic is a bullpup kit for a standard M14 action it's a prohibited device. However it would be something like that and Dlask has hinted the possiblity of custom designing a bullpup like that one for the Canadian market if there would be enough interest to warrant it.

We are considering making this into a legal bull pup rifle in Canada. However.......we do not know what the support would be. If we could be convinced there is enough support for a Canadian Rogue14 Bull Pup rifle......we might consider this a project.

As a side note I have nothing to do with the company nor any affiliation to Dlask, I just want that rifle :).

Show your support here, let's help this project come to life :cool:.

Personally I would like to see;

Non restricted.
Accept M14 mags, or STANAG 7.62 mags.
Look as cool or better with the same amount of tacticool real estate as the one in the pic above ;).

I want that rifle.

DOA
10-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Non restricted.
Look as cool or better with the same amount of tacticool real estate as the one in the pic above ;).
[/LIST]
I want that rifle.

Sounds good to me

jwirecom109
10-30-2012, 09:02 AM
all depends on pricing

50calshooter
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Maby its just me, but having my face that close to all that moving metal and ejecting brass would make me uncomfortable...

RobSmith
10-30-2012, 11:23 AM
IF it turns out to be non-restricted AND is reasonably priced I <might> be interested but truthfully I wouldn't buy one just for the novelty of it.

BuckingFastard
10-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Its not just you, I'd try it though, maybe RDSC should get one :p

computermike
10-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I do hate posting the same thread in multiple forums but I do know that some members here are banned at CGN, so I'm posting it here. For the record as the original thread is attracting the obvoius prohibited comments from those who aren't reading the post, the rifle in the pic is for illustrative purpose only to show the concept of a M14 based bullpup made legal for Canada.

Either post in this thread I made on the topic, (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?820471-Dlask-custom-Canadian-legal-bullpup&p=7830909#post7830909) or contact Dlask by emailing off the website informing them that your life just isn't complete without this rifle ;). They're looking to gauge interest, so show them your interest.

In this thread I hope to raise some attention to the possibility of a bullpup rifle custom built by Dlask based off of a M14 action.

http://www.deadzombies.ca/forumPics/P1000737a.jpg

Under the current configuration as that pic is a bullpup kit for a standard M14 action it's a prohibited device. However it would be something like that and Dlask has hinted the possiblity of custom designing a bullpup like that one for the Canadian market if there would be enough interest to warrant it.

As a side note I have nothing to do with the company nor any affiliation to Dlask, I just want that rifle :).

Show your support here, let's help this project come to life :cool:.

Personally I would like to see;

Non restricted.

I want that rifle.

I'd be more interested in a rifle based off the M14 action and accepting m14 mags than a stand alone rifle.

CanuckWR
10-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Very interesting, I would sure like to know more.

Drache
10-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Like I said in the CGN thread, if it's priced the same as an RFB then it will be out of many people's price points sadly.

Satain
10-30-2012, 05:11 PM
An M14 action will not work for a bul-pup in Canada. Although I do agree that these laws need to be changed for common sense sakes.

Drache
10-30-2012, 05:15 PM
An M14 action will not work for a bul-pup in Canada. Although I do agree that these laws need to be changed for common sense sakes.

They are talking about building something based upon the M14 action that would be a legal bullpup

Otokiak
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Interesting!

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

loki
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Like I said in the CGN thread, if it's priced the same as an RFB then it will be out of many people's price points sadly.

Although I agree this isn't in the realm of some peoples impulse buy items I tend to be a person that if I can't drop the full amount on a rifle right now I do this old fashioned thing called "saving up" ;).

If a person wants it then they make it happen, most people commenting on price wouldn't buy it if they had the funds due to the fact they don't like the rifle anyways. Just my observation on the matter...

Drache
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Although I agree this isn't in the realm of some peoples impulse buy items I tend to be a person that if I can't drop the full amount on a rifle right now I do this old fashioned thing called "saving up" ;).

If a person wants it then they make it happen, most people commenting on price wouldn't buy it if they had the funds due to the fact they don't like the rifle anyways. Just my observation on the matter...

I like the idea of the rifle. But even if I save up the money, there are many other things I need to use that amount of money for.

The price of one RFB for instance is half the cost to rebuild the engine in my Dart or a new transmission. Or lets say four months rent.

CanuckWR
10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
If a guy could spin on an M14 barrel, and herron arms actually makes some barrels in 260 or 7mm I would be IN!

This project has all kinds of potential. Just being canadian made and potentially non-res, icing on the cake!

Forbes/Hutton
11-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Looks interesting, but the FRB comes to mind right away. And give that the RFB is fully ambidextrous I think the only point on which a M14-bullpup could compete would be price.

Now what would be very interesting is if Dlask comes up with a platform/system that had both .223 and .308 versions, if done right (using the same frame/stock, internal parts and only needing changes in a couple of parts like barrel, extractor, etc) they would be able to field two guns to two different markets with manufacturing/R&D costs only slightly higher than one design.

Or create a bullpup design that used M4 uppers, then the user could use .223, 6.8, 7.62x39, and all the other calibers that have found their way into the M4 platform. The downside to that (at least right now) is that there's not a lot of long (18.5" +) barrels in anything but .223 for the M4 so most versions would be restricted.

How about a 7.62x39 bullpup? We already have the RFB in .308 and the Tavor in .223, why not fill a void in the market rather than fighting for a share of an existing market?

JustBen
11-01-2012, 08:35 AM

I think it could, but the only way it would work is if you designed a completely new stock and trigger group. I'm skeptical that it will get past the RCMP labs, but I am hopeful. That being said, I don't know if I have much use for it, even though it would sell like hot cakes.

lone-wolf
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
How about a 7.62x39 bullpup? We already have the RFB in .308 and the Tavor in .223, why not fill a void in the market rather than fighting for a share of an existing market?
The only problem I have with new 7.62x39mm firearms is that the majority of people are shooting corrosive(me included), so the rifle would have to be simple to clean.

Satain
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM

OMG!
Devil Dawg I just clued in on what tree you are barking up and you know what...
I just might have to eat my words on my previous post.
Damm...
The Mr. Happy sure is going to be even more grumpy than last time I seen him. If this pan's out.

RobSmith
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I think it goes even further than that. The stock itself would need to be the receiver so some bright lights with a multi-million dollar machine shop and unlimited time wouldn't be able to just yank out the modified receiver (even if it was built from scratch and designed in such a way that a standard trigger group would not fit) then play around with it until they manage to make a standard trigger group line up with the firing pin. Even if they have to sculpt something out of JB weld or something like that. Wouldn't need to be durable, just would need to get the hammer to fall once at the right angle for them to declare it prohib. I don't see any reason why a bullpup rifle couldn't be designed from the ground up but use M14 internals such as the bolt and gas system/opred but I just don't see how they could use the trigger group.

I think it could, but the only way it would work is if you designed a completely new stock and trigger group. I'm skeptical that it will get past the RCMP labs, but I am hopeful. That being said, I don't know if I have much use for it, even though it would sell like hot cakes.

Neil Burke
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Price and quality. It'd need to be ambidextrous, otherwise I'd just track down an RFB somehow.

loki
11-02-2012, 02:37 AM
OMG!
Devil Dawg I just clued in on what tree you are barking up and you know what...
I just might have to eat my words on my previous post.
Damm...
The Mr. Happy sure is going to be even more grumpy than last time I seen him. If this pan's out.

Lol, well this is one of your more interesting posts in a bit. So now it's me who's not following what you're saying. Needless to say can I read this as you're excited at this possibility?

Satain
11-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Hell Ya!
As long as you don't treat me like Private Pile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDS-Ycq-NB8
Oorah!
;)