PDA

View Full Version : I hope you're happy, Wendy.

HK45
11-01-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14RanchRifle/images/5816.jpg

I never wanted a Mini-14. I have read they are not that accurate, and I agree with Colonel Townsend Whelen's opinion that, "only accurate rifles are interesting". But now I am going to buy one, and this is why: Because Wendy just can't stop hating on the thing, I am getting one to spite her.

Just look at her drivel:

The Ruger Mini 14 used in the massacre at the École Polytechnique in Montreal in 1989 to kill 14 students in engineering and the 2011 massacre in Norway is still sold as a hunting rifle not restricted to Canada. It is no longer necessary to register since the adoption of Bill C-19. The Ruger Mini-14 is mechanically identical to the M1 Garand, a battle rifle used by the U.S. military. Experts have called "assault rifle of the poor" because of its affordable price and its ability to be modified for combat. It is banned in some countries, but in Canada, it is sold as a single shotgun.

http://controledesarmes.ca/category/armes-dassaut-militaires/

Note: The above was translated from French via Google translate, and is, consequently, a little rough around the edges.

Mechanically identical to the M1 Garand? What!? First of all, it is not "mechanically the same," not with the M1, nor with the M14 (as she claims elsewhere). This article (http://hoplophobic.tumblr.com/post/30817894389/bad-scary-gun-of-the-week-the-ruger-mini-14) pretty much shoots her down on these false claims. But second, and more importantly, what if it was the same mechanically? The M1 is a fine rifle, and any rifle that copied it would be in awfully good company.

Anyway, I am getting a Mini 14, and on Mini 14 day (April 5) I am going to shoot that sucker 'til the barrel glows, make a video, and send it to Wendy along with an explanation of why I decided to buy one.

Oh, and I might just see if I can find an M1, and an M14 to buy as well.

That is all.

lone-wolf
11-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't think poor people can spend $1000 on a rifle.

Canuck
11-01-2012, 09:59 PM
A single shotgun? Jeez, Wendy, get it straight. I hope that was a translation glitch but somehow doubt it.

Stephen
11-02-2012, 12:02 AM
I really like how they look but have no use for one.

Strewth
11-02-2012, 12:15 AM
...What, OJ's Bronco should be banned? Assigning blame to an inanimate object instead of the murderer is soulless and reprehensible.

I already own a mini-14 (180 series), very dependable firearm, but the most accurate way to hit the barn's broad side is to get a slingshot, and load the rifle into it:). I kid, but sustained fire does show the rifle's flaw.

Digger
11-02-2012, 02:38 AM
I've usually kept one around for the same reasons! ;)

jrcbecher
11-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Me to got one one keeper list

lone-wolf
11-02-2012, 06:43 AM
I'd like to get worked on one. New heavy barrel, bedded, ect.

BrotherRockeye
11-02-2012, 10:51 AM
had one years ago and loved going through those cheap battle packs...
been thinking of another one lately but prefer to hit targets smaller than old cars on purpose... :)

Canuck
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
had one years ago and loved going through those cheap battle packs...
been thinking of another one lately but prefer to hit targets smaller than old cars on purpose... :)

Try the new ones. They are a lot different especially in the accuracy department. I am getting 1.5 inches regularly with my 6.8 SPC mini at 100 yds, 5 shot groups; Mini 30 about the same.

sendmorebrains
11-03-2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14RanchRifle/images/5816.jpg

I never wanted a Mini-14. I have read they are not that accurate, and I agree with Colonel Townsend Whelen's opinion that, "only accurate rifles are interesting". But now I am going to buy one, and this is why: Because Wendy just can't stop hating on the thing, I am getting one to spite her.

Just look at her drivel:

Note: The above was translated from French via Google translate, and is, consequently, a little rough around the edges.

Mechanically identical to the M1 Garand? What!? First of all, it is not "mechanically the same," not with the M1, nor with the M14 (as she claims elsewhere). This article (http://hoplophobic.tumblr.com/post/30817894389/bad-scary-gun-of-the-week-the-ruger-mini-14) pretty much shoots her down on these false claims. But second, and more importantly, what if it was the same mechanically? The M1 is a fine rifle, and any rifle that copied it would be in awfully good company.

Anyway, I am getting a Mini 14, and on Mini 14 day (April 5) I am going to shoot that sucker 'til the barrel glows, make a video, and send it to Wendy along with an explanation of why I decided to buy one.

Oh, and I might just see if I can find an M1, and an M14 to buy as well.

That is all.

When the LGR was passed I gave the CPC a contribution and then as a symbolic gesture towards The Coalition for Gun Control(aka Wendy Cukier and her bitches), I made sure to purchase the mass murdering Mini 14 and a Tikka T3 since it would be considered a high powered sniper rifle. Mind you they are unfortunatly safe queens so hopefully they wont escape from the cabinet and start murdering children and barking puppies.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/sendmorebrains/DSC03064.jpg

BTW:
Wendy and her company are well versed in grave dancing because its profitable for her.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/sendmorebrains/morecock.jpg

Forbes/Hutton
11-03-2012, 11:13 AM
^Having your picture taken by that headstone: free.

Having your mouth open in a perfect "O" at the time: priceless.

&14ALL
11-03-2012, 12:05 PM
The new Mini-14s come from a completely retooled production facility. Many of the accuracy problems were due to a worn-out facility from having made so many rifles. I haven't put a scope on mine yet, so I can't say quantitatively, but the bullets go where I want them to. Unfortunately, you can't get a tuneable gas block for the new ones last time I checked, so the brass is flung randomly. This is only a problem if you reload .223.

There is very little difference to legislate between specific semi-automatic rifles as tactical weapons, and what difference there actually is can only be truly appreciated by gun enthusiasts. The difference is mainly public perception. Ultimately that perception is as much about gun owners as it is about the firearms themselves. I'm not convinced that offensive language and headstone pictures convey a productive or overall representative message. The culture/image of gun ownership we create is instrumental in providing and taking ammunition away from extreme gun control advocates.

sendmorebrains
11-03-2012, 02:37 PM
^Having your picture taken by that headstone: free.

Having your mouth open in a perfect "O" at the time: priceless.

- Thank you Captain Obvious.

I hope the headstone doesnt make me look fat.

Jim
11-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Had a mini 14 years ago , not impressed. No intension of owning another one.

road kill
11-05-2012, 06:07 AM
A buddy bought a mini 14 and a mini 30 so i went a different route and bought a Kel Tec su16f yesterday. All is good with a non restricted semi auto 223. Another coyote hunting buddy has a CSA vz58 so it will be fun when i can get all three to my range and do some testing. To bad we couldn`t start a petition to expel dear ol wendy from the country.

M0FuK1Dy
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I used to have one.
Was it accurate...
no...

Will I buy another one...?
Probably :D

chuckbuster
11-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I had one a number of years ago that couldn't hit a barn from the inside. That one's gone, and I have a second that shoots much better. Still no tack driver, but fun...and it annoys Wendy to no end. Therefore I will always have one.

By the way, funny avatar^^. Where did you get it?

FastFord58
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm trying to resist....but damn, that's a handsome rifle.

lone-wolf
11-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Try the new ones. They are a lot different especially in the accuracy department. I am getting 1.5 inches regularly with my 6.8 SPC mini at 100 yds, 5 shot groups; Mini 30 about the same.

Yes... I've been hearing the same thing and it's getting harder to hold onto my su16 when I look at a wood & steel mini14 shooting reportedly better groups than myself.

RELOAD
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
WENDY MAKES ME HORNY AND WANT TO BUY GUNS

Satain
12-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Had one dam near blow up on me. It was there top tier "target model" ever since then I figured my life is worth more than anything Ruger was ever to make. So since then I figure that Wendy can keep her beloved Rugers.

KeNd0
12-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Bought one myself for the same reason soon as the registry was gone. I call it Heidi.

telecaster
12-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Back to the article, we need to remember that Wendy has never let the truth get in the way of a lie. And this the dangerous part to us. Many people who know nothing about firearms believe these lies. And of course, there are people who believe everything they read. Wendy knows this and needs to be reined in. I have written to my MP requesting that any funding flowing to the CGC (Wendy Cukier's organization) or any anti-firearms group be terminated. If any of these groups have tax-free status, that needs to be changed immediately.

Please take the time to write a letter to your MP in this regard.

HK45
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Back to the article, we need to remember that Wendy has never let the truth get in the way of a lie. And this the dangerous part to us. Many people who know nothing about firearms believe these lies. And of course, there are people who believe everything they read. Wendy knows this and needs to be reined in. I have written to my MP requesting that any funding flowing to the CGC (Wendy Cukier's organization) or any anti-firearms group be terminated. If any of these groups have tax-free status, that needs to be changed immediately.

Please take the time to write a letter to your MP in this regard.

Agreed - this is a good idea.

Jim
01-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Looks good and the idea of pissing Wendy of is good but I would never own one.

YukonLeftie
01-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Oh I could see one winding up in my safe in the distant future; for no other reason THAN to piss off the fudds.

Tengoo
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I have no use for a Mini-14, although I have no issue with Ruger guns...I have a few. I'm thinking April 5th might be a good day to order a spare M305 shorty, however.