PDA

View Full Version : Leupold std rings

zulu
04-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Iíve got a rifle with the Leupold std rings and bases that twist on using a inner dove tail. Iíve never used this type of mount and rings before. The internet says you could have alignment issues with his system if you donít do it right. Iím not too worried about that but I am worried about with they are worth using. Does this odd design and cheap design hold zero? Iím looking at mounting a Swarovski and Iím not worried about the cost of rings. I will use these if they are indeed effective. Any experience and advice will be heard by me

Haywire1
04-07-2018, 06:41 PM
I've been researching rings the last couple days, the std rings seem to be considered on the cheap side from the reviews I've come across. Ymmv of course

zulu
04-07-2018, 07:18 PM
See that’s what I’m worried about. They have great reviews but at the super cheap price point I think that may be the reason behind those great reviews.

NB Hillbilly
04-08-2018, 05:19 AM
Me Think's I better return the ones I just purchased!
Thank's for starting this thread.

gtr
02-10-2019, 08:44 AM
They work well. I have them on half a dozen BLR's and have never had an issue.

RobertMcC
02-10-2019, 10:46 AM
Ive used them and never had a issue. Pops has a set on his Mauser and been fine for the last 15 years.

kennymo
02-10-2019, 01:05 PM
Used them on my BLR when I had it, it came with the mount so I just went for it. No troubles, but I’ve been told removing and reinstalling the twist lock ring multiple times will eventually cause a loose fit. Though I’ve had gun shop employees tell me a wide variety of things that proved to be wrong or just personal opinion....

GTW
02-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Dual Dovetail rings and mounts are some of the strongest mounting mechanisms made by Leupold. Once set, you can’t knock them out of alignment. That’s what I have on my Model 70 with a Swarovski scope. The only drawback is you cannot compensate for windage alignment issues if present.