PDA

View Full Version : Liberals May Back Down on C-71 If Strong Outcry, MP Zimmer Says

Doug_M
04-12-2018, 08:18 AM
https://thegunblog.ca/2018/04/11/liberals-may-back-down-on-c-71-if-strong-outcry-mp-zimmer-says/

Liberals May Back Down on C-71 If Strong Outcry, MP Zimmer Says
thegunblog11 April 2018

TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government may back down from its proposed law to ban more guns and further restrict lawful hunters and sport shooters if enough people voice their disapproval, said Bob Zimmer, an opposition member of parliament.

Some political analysts say the Liberal-led government can easily pass Bill C-71 into law because it controls a majority of the House of Commons and has wide support in the Senate.

But parliamentary committees can request amendments, and the Liberals have scaled back or dropped plans after a strong outcry or lack of support, Zimmer said. Glen Motz, an opposition MP who sits on one of the committees, has said he will propose changes that reflect people’s concerns.

Gun owners should contact Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale’s constituency office and local MPs with one-paragraph e-mails and short phone calls to record their opposition, the Conservative MP said. (See full Q&A with details below.)

“It’s not a done deal. Be focused on it,” Zimmer told TheGunBlog.ca in a telephone interview on April 4. “This government has backed down before. I’m optimistic that they’ll pull back again.”

See TheGunBlog.ca’s dedicated page on Bill C-71 to see how the bill harasses gun owners and how you can help stop it.

See the url at top for the full QA:

Should we assume that Bill C-71 will pass?

It’s still going to committee.

Once we get back to Ottawa, it will be in committee. I’ve heard some good names of people who will be speaking to committee.

This government has backed down before. I’m optimistic that they’ll pull back again.

The committee is tasked to provide changes to the legislation as brought up by witnesses before committee.

Then there’s a whole other process through the Senate. Three readings and committee before it becomes law.

The Liberals have a majority in the Senate, but my hope is that changes could be made there, too. There’s always hope.

Doug_M
04-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Use OCV campaign #1 or #7 to get your email addressing and signature. After you click "send email" in the web app and it opens in your email app, delete the message body and write your paragraph demanding C-71 be scrapped (and why).

http://oneclearvoice.ca

Ruff
04-12-2018, 09:11 AM
The notion of the Liberals backing down is one they use a lot to get the pressure taken off themselves. Don't fall for it, take it as s sign of weakness and keep fighting.

2012Cvoguy
04-12-2018, 09:21 AM
On vacay and still on it! They must be sick & tired of me by now...

Eff them!

CVO

FallisCowboy
04-12-2018, 09:22 AM
The notion of the Liberals backing down is one they use a lot to get the pressure taken off themselves. Don't fall for it, take it as s sign of weakness and keep fighting.

Agreed^^^. The only trustworthy Liberal is a dead Liberal. They will do absolutely ANYTHING to achieve their goals and retain power.

Grimlock
04-12-2018, 09:37 AM
The true believers are behind this, and this is a total blind faith item for them. Add on to that the RCMP is lobbying them HARD to push this through so they can get down to business with their list. They intend to ram this through committee in as few days as possible with no amendments. It's their hill to die on.

Doug_M
04-12-2018, 09:46 AM

Yup, the op is saying put more pressure on them, not less.

Doug_M
04-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Another tool. Some nefarious liberal registered and parked stopc71.ca so I registered http://scrapC71.ca which takes one directly to the e-petition to scrap the bill. Pass it around.

FallisCowboy
04-12-2018, 10:02 AM
The true believers are behind this, and this is a total blind faith item for them. Add on to that the RCMP is lobbying them HARD to push this through so they can get down to business with their list. They intend to ram this through committee in as few days as possible with no amendments. It's their hill to die on.

Then it is up to us to make sure that happens.

Billythreefeathers
04-12-2018, 10:26 AM
giddy up,,

Swampdonkey
04-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Resistance is Never Futile.

Coke
04-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Resistance is Never Futile.

Ooohhhmmm...

Run 'n' Gun
04-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Ooohhhmmm...Boo.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Doug_M
04-13-2018, 04:06 AM
This was suggested by Bob Zimmer. Rod Giltaca suggested we each do it once a week. The goal being to flood his office with 1000 calls a day. Just a short call opposing the bill. He backed down on the UN marking (punted it down the road yet again) and the Liberals backed down on their tax change. It can be done.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/877/40713086204_bfe722fa33_b.jpg

Waterloomike
04-13-2018, 07:14 AM
Done.

speedloader
04-13-2018, 07:15 AM
Hello Mr Goodale

I'm am calling from Alberta
I would like to voice my disapproval for Bill C71 and ask why your Party
takes pleasure in criminalizing tax paying law abiding gun owners, do you not have enough other issues to deal with ?
once again that is all you will accomplish with this bill truth be told.
Criminals, gang members and other felons do not care or abide by our laws therefore adding to them is a waste of
time and our tax dollars. Further more the police should not be making up laws that is not their function
remember the Government that will be replacing you will be undoing all of these useless restrictions once again
so focusing on policy's that are good for public safety would be better management of your time.

Thank you

glockfan
04-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Liberals May Back Down on C-71 If Strong Outcry, MP Zimmer Says

my problem with this is, that would be an electoral move ONLY......postponing their stupid gun control agenda for right now for sure means MORE of that crapp on the second term, unfortunately it would probably comes up later with «''added value'''' to tame the cow's hysteria about how little they got with 71.....

...a huge CHEER to you DOUG M for the amount of effort and work you put into this fight. rarely will we see an individual doin so much to rally the gun owner community like you do right now. :GJ

Waterloomike
04-13-2018, 07:39 AM
We can't cave in to their language.

"how little they got"

What should they get for being anti gun?

They're randomly smearing every last one of us with their constant criminal background checks, fear mongering, grave dancing and their campaign sloganeering.

We need to approach this from the angle of "why are you attacking us?"

Justice
04-13-2018, 10:41 AM
The notion of the Liberals backing down is another lie.
"...the RCMP is lobbying them HARD to..." Build civil servant empires. They've watched it being done by the U.S. ATF.

CLW .45
04-13-2018, 10:54 AM
my problem with this is, that would be an electoral move ONLY......postponing their stupid gun control agenda for right now for sure means MORE of that crapp on the second term, unfortunately it would probably comes up later with «''added value'''' to tame the cow's hysteria about how little they got with 71.....

...a huge CHEER to you DOUG M for the amount of effort and work you put into this fight. rarely will we see an individual doin so much to rally the gun owner community like you do right now. :GJ

Goodale and company don’t care about “the cow’s hysteria.”

“The cow” is a product of the nineties Liberal regime, set up to lend legitimacy to C-68 along with a vicious campaign of twisted stats and bald faced lies.

She is being used in exactly the same way today.

We see a fair amount of complaining, on the forums, about how ineffectual the orgs are.

Even a small gun club is far more effective, and has far more actual support than she has.

Her grass roots support is essentially nil.

She was set up with government funds and sustained by malice.

Trotted out occasionally to bolster the gun grabber’s position, and made to look like a force to reckon with.

The government uses their creation, they aren’t influenced by her.

Doug_M
04-13-2018, 11:09 AM

All for one and one for all glockfan. Like BrotherRockeye's sig says (where's he at these days?) we're kin because we shoot.

Doug_M
04-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Even a small gun club is far more effective, and has far more actual support than she has.

Her grass roots support is essentially nil.

That is the truth right there! She says the "coalition" is made up of 200 plus groups. But where are they? The CGC is Cukier. Poly Remembers is a little bigger. It has two members! lol

LB303
04-13-2018, 11:14 AM
The notion of the Liberals backing down is another lie.
"...the RCMP is lobbying them HARD to..." Build civil servant empires. They've watched it being done by the U.S. ATF.

Actually I've read somewhere that the ATF is jealous of the latitude that the RCMP currently has....

Gunrunner
04-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Keep the pressure on.
Visits, phone calls, letters, emails faxes to MPs, JT, Ralph, your own MP ... you name it.
Get right in their faces.
Make the MPs believe their continued tenure as a government and a MP after 2019 depends on whether they back us or Trudeau on c71.
In many cases it does.
They know it and that's why they're scared.

SIR VEYOR
04-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Actually I've read somewhere that the ATF is jealous of the latitude that the RCMP currently has....

Any links at all? That’s good press right there.