PDA

View Full Version : Self-registry is available at RCMP web site

labradort
04-17-2018, 06:58 AM
I checked the web site for renewing my PAL to ensure I can access it without waiting for excessive verification steps.
I saw a link called "Register Firearms". When I click on that it shows:

Information Required to Register Your Firearm(s) Online
Checklist:

There is no legal requirement to register non restricted firearms
How did you come into possession of the firearm(s) being registered (newly manufactured, newly imported, or other)
The previous registration certificate number(s), if any
The Verifier Number and name (****See below)
The date of verification
The 2 part Firearm Reference Table (FRT) number provided by the verifier
The 1 part Firearm Reference Table (FRT) number provided by the verifier, if only a frame or receiver is being registered
The Serial Number of the firearm, if known
The address where the firearm will be stored (restricted and prohibited firearms)
The purpose of the acquisition (restricted and prohibited firearms)

Was this on the site before, or is it new? I'm not RPAL holder so its unknown to me. Just wondering if there some feature creep happening due to C-71 coming along.

Will we start getting friendly advice like checking your cholesterol/fastening your seatbelt about visiting the site and volunteering our gun information?

Drache
04-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Very interesting. I don't remember seeing that there before. Makes it easier for those that might have found an old handgun tucked away in Grandpa's attic to get the thing legal in the eyes of our Government.

glockfan
04-17-2018, 07:44 AM
????

this wasn't on their website only couple weeks ago???

it smells culbec right there.

maybe they're waiting for some fudds to register because we know some get a woody thinking they're then protected from who knows what ; then the GVT will use it saying : ''''.....see? fudds feels more secure when their guns are registred.....''''' .

like another liberal scam to manipulate non gun owners's opinion ....then if ever it half work the scammers will put another registry on the table as promises for the next generals.

#anythinggoeswithercmplibtards

Swampdonkey
04-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Time to register my Black & Decker.

2012Cvoguy
04-17-2018, 08:34 AM
I can also vouch for this, I was head scratching wether it was there before so I didn’t say anything....

My tinfoil hat got the best of me and I renewed RPAL/PAL almost a year early when I noticed it yesterday.

CVO

labradort
04-17-2018, 04:59 PM
I can also vouch for this, I was head scratching wether it was there before so I didn’t say anything....

My tinfoil hat got the best of me and I renewed RPAL/PAL almost a year early when I noticed it yesterday.

CVO

Interesting. I have been wondering how early one can renew. Especially given the slow speed of everything government. I would have thought making the photo more current could be an issue causing them to say it should be closer to the renewal deadline. But I've not seen anything in black and white.

Billythreefeathers
04-18-2018, 06:59 AM
F off

manic29
04-18-2018, 09:29 AM
I don't see this on the RCMP website. Maybe just a Quebec thing?

Run 'n' Gun
04-18-2018, 09:35 AM
Here is a link...

http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/online_en-ligne/reg_enr-eng.htm

It does have a preamble about being a Quebec thing, but our turn is coming....