PDA

View Full Version : Heart Attack Burgers

Run 'n' Gun
04-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Since BBQ season is approaching, I thought I would share my top secret recipe for the best burger you will ever eat.

Step #1

I make my own patties from lean ground beef, I donít add any fillers (bread crumbs) or binders like eggs as I find it makes them mushy. I only add ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Montreal steak spice, and chili flakes. I weight mine out into 150g patties, and use a cheap burger crusher thingy to compress them good and tight.

If you buy your patties premade from Safeway or Costco, well, stop it. Fresh made are better.

Throw those on the BBQ.

Step #2, the heart attack.

For every 2 burgers, you need Ĺ pound of bacon. Cut this up into about ĹĒ wide chunks and throw into the frying pan. Next you need to dice up a regular sized package of cooked ham, make sure you pat the slice dry to get rid of the slimy bits. Cut some onions (I donít measure this stuff), I have tried green peppers, but make sure you dice them super small so they overwhelm the taste of the bacon when you bite into one. You can add anything you want here, think omelet fillers, mushrooms, etc.

At 50-60% cooked, drain the fat off the bacon, and add the ham/onions, etc. I add some Tex Mex seasoning and more fresh ground pepper. When the ham is about half cooked, add in your favorite hot sauce, I still go with good old Tabasco Sauce.

Set this awesomeness aside, I usually throw it in a metal bowl and stick it on the cooler end of the BBQ to stay hot.

Step #3, time to plate.

Take your burger buns and slather them in garlic butter and toss on the top rack of the BBQ to crisp up a bit.

For the cheese, you can go with whatever you usually use, I have tried the nacho cheese stuff you can get in a jar to add a little extra flavor if you want. I have stuffed the patties with that Tex Mex shredded cheese from the bag, pretty good, pain to prep though.

Thatís about it, pile all together and enjoy the sensation of your arteries hardening.

SIR VEYOR
04-25-2018, 05:59 PM
:pics:

Forbes/Hutton
04-25-2018, 06:39 PM
Not enough bacon. Start over.

Eddmac
04-26-2018, 09:42 AM
Dammit - I'm starving now and it's only 8:42 :(

shootemup604
04-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Isn't there a place called Heart Attack Burger in Texas or some other bastion of freedom too? Waitresses in naughty nurse outfits - I seem to recall having seen pictures. Must verify with Google. Be back --- later...

willis
04-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Isn't there a place called Heart Attack Burger in Texas or some other bastion of freedom too? Waitresses in naughty nurse outfits - I seem to recall having seen pictures. Must verify with Google. Be back --- later...

Vegas ..... by Freemont Street

infidel29
04-26-2018, 05:47 PM

Heart attack grill in Vegas.
I stood on their industrial scale in front of their restaurant. I don't weigh over 350 so I'd have to pay for my meal. Over 350lbs and you eat free. But they're cash only cuz they don't want you to die before you pay them. That's what their sign said anyway!

RobertMcC
04-26-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm not a huge fan of big large sloppy greasy burgers. I want to taste something other than grease.

Run 'n' Gun
04-26-2018, 08:04 PM
That's why I use lean ground and BBQ, any grease just burns off. That's also the reason to drain off the bacon, I don't think anyone likes a soggy bun halfway through a meal.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

shootemup604
04-27-2018, 07:55 AM
You can use the bacon grease to fry the bun face down in a pan - it's like garlic toast, only with bacon flavor...

RyoTHC
04-27-2018, 03:26 PM
Making something along these lines with black bear burger and bacon tonight... Cheers !

glockfan
04-27-2018, 11:22 PM
a hamburger thread without pics?

https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/on/on-the-burger-trail-easy-tyger/on-the-burger-trail-easy-tyger_fullsize_story1.jpg?20170711181853

Run 'n' Gun
04-27-2018, 11:27 PM
Actually haven't made any yet this spring, crappy weather...

Don't judge me.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk