PDA

View Full Version : Itchy...for a Savage?

Mark-II
05-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Am I being on the dumb side of smart for looking at the Savage Mk-II?

I have a CZ452 Lux (left hand) and it's a tack driver. I love it.

I'm going to be building a Dlask TUF-22

But I've seen the Mark II BTVLSS - heavy barrel, stainless, left hand, and it's bugging me.

from the point of view of having a new fascination with rimfires, and really REALLY enjoying the ability of my 452 to cut ragged groups, so anything less than that I would not enjoy.

Then there's also the new Tikka, which is getting a lot of attention. Maybe they'll make a LH one in a few years...

Or just save up for an Anshutz MPR - those are pretty sweet.....

kennymo
05-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I recall an article a year or two ago in some gun rag or other. (Peterson's annual gear guide maybe?) They tested one of the Mark II heavy/stainless/laminate models (can't recall exactly which flavour it was) and it wound up not only beating out all the other rimfires they tested, but printing the smallest group they'd ever gotten out of a factory rifle since they started doing all the head to head testing. Plus they look pretty sweet....

My uncle has one of the HB MkII's in blued/synthetic. I've used it once or twice and it doesn't disappoint. My old Lakefield MkII is a decent shooter too, though I don't know if I'd quite label it a tack driver.

Mark-II
05-07-2018, 11:41 AM
I'll have to see if it's printed online. Cheers

Swingerguy
05-07-2018, 11:58 AM
I have a 93r17 in a wood stock and I would call it a tack driver with the right ammo. It really likes Hornady and really dislikes Winchester. Gophers tremble in fear at the sight of this gun. :)

Stew
05-07-2018, 09:21 PM
I have a Mk II HB synthetic, it is a most excellent hole punch, Federal bulk surprisingly, groups very very well.

I'd like to get one of these stocks but they don't have export license
http://www.troupsystems.com/product/scorpion-savage-stock-zebra-wood/

edit: oh ya, likely my favorite 22

firemachine69
05-08-2018, 05:57 AM
My 93GL is by far my favourite rifle.

Greglc
05-08-2018, 07:52 AM
http://buyselltrade.ca/vancouver-island/savage-mk2-fv-sr-22lr-firearms-non-restricted-firearms/classified/1016841 just listed this morning, don't know if it's a good deal or not.

Mark-II
05-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Not a lefty, though ;)

...doesn't look like Anschutz makes the 64 MPR in LH any longer... :/

Maybe I'll just ride out the itch until it goes away

gtr
02-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Not a lefty, though ;)

...doesn't look like Anschutz makes the 64 MPR in LH any longer... :/

Maybe I'll just ride out the itch until it goes away

Good advice.

Camo tung
02-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Every Savage I own, from .22 to .204 to 6.5 all have excellent barrels on them. I have zero complaints about the accuracy or the quality of their product.