PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a 9mm tokarev barrel

Gnome7500
05-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know where to find a 9 mm tokarev barrel? I am only looking for the barrel so that I can replace it with 7.62x25 barrel.

I can't shoot steel core ammo at the indoor range. Even that norinco bimetal jacket stuff is not allowed. Apparently it can cause a fire, I call BS but its their place their rules. For me 9mm is actually cheaper

I have called:

lever arms
Western Gun parts
sebarms
Marstar, they were difficult but found out they don't have any.
Google, can't seem to find any for sale online anywhere

Does anyone know where I can look or would like to sell me one and a fair price?

I am willing to give marstar money so you know I really want one

Run 'n' Gun
05-07-2018, 03:12 PM
I would reach out to Aztech and see if they can bring one up from the States if you can find one down there.

SIR VEYOR
05-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Since you’re in Edmonton, probably best to actually walk into WGP. They’re not known for the best service, even in person; so over the phone minimal help is expected.

However, I’ve heard that if they can’t get it, you don’t need it! :evil1:

Gnome7500
05-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Since you’re in Edmonton, probably best to actually walk into WGP. They’re not known for the best service, even in person; so over the phone minimal help is expected.

However, I’ve heard that if they can’t get it, you don’t need it! :evil1:

I called them, they checked and told me they have no tokarev parts. Nor do they have a source for me

kennymo
05-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Sellier&Bellot and PRVI ammo are also available for the Tokarev. Around $28 a box where you can find it, not quite as cheap as 9mm, but no new barrel necessary. The brass is reloadable too, might not hurt to have a small stockpile in the future once the surplus eventually dries up.

Gnome7500
05-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Sellier&Bellot and PRVI ammo are also available for the Tokarev. Around $28 a box where you can find it, not quite as cheap as 9mm, but no new barrel necessary. The brass is reloadable too, might not hurt to have a small stockpile in the future once the surplus eventually dries up.

I plan on shooting that ammo you are talking about till I can find a 9mm barrel. Will for sure be hoarding it the brass afterwards.

I don't really want to reload for another gun but if I have to then I have to

KTfeich
05-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Is a barrel alone sufficient or would you need a bushing and a recoil spring as well? Or would you need a complete slide? I've been casually thinking about this too, but do not have enough research done to go ahead - I don't know if...

...a chinese 213 barrel will fit in a tt-33 slide? Or would a complete chinese 213 slide fit onto a tt-33 frame? If so, you can get these in the US and Aztech (or any other importer) will bring it in for you.

Stew
05-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Zastava still makes new in 9mm afaik, might be able to get a M70A barrel

MarkR
05-08-2018, 03:52 AM
Either buy a Zastava or Norinco in 9mm if you can find either. The Zastava barrel fits in a regular tokarev, but the original mags appearantly do not work well with 9mm.

Also, finding an extra Zastava M57 mag was virtually impossible, but Lantz was able to order me one from the US; but only after I drove 100 miles to find the one they had in stock was not one.

RobertMcC
05-08-2018, 04:00 AM
It might be cheaper to just buy another pistol.

Gnome7500
05-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Is a barrel alone sufficient or would you need a bushing and a recoil spring as well? Or would you need a complete slide? I've been casually thinking about this too, but do not have enough research done to go ahead - I don't know if...

...a chinese 213 barrel will fit in a tt-33 slide? Or would a complete chinese 213 slide fit onto a tt-33 frame? If so, you can get these in the US and Aztech (or any other importer) will bring it in for you.

My research shows you need the barrel and bushing and it will work.

My research shows that the x25 mags do work with 9mm. The overall length is very close so it makes sense to me. I also read that Germany issued a 9mm barrel with captured tokarevs to officers during WW2. They either made a new barrel or reworked a x25 barrel

Everything seems to line up nicely

FALover
05-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Ebay and a Ameribuddy?

RobertMcC
05-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Ebay and a Ameribuddy?

Barrel would need a export permit. Numrich doesn't even have any in stock.

shootemup604
05-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Watch out at gun shows. Buddy bought a 9mm mag and barrel at a show a few years ago for his Tok. Used the factory bushing.