PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Players on the board?

Otokiak
11-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Well I couldnt' find the hockey thread we had started somewhere on the board so here goes another. How many hockey players do we have on the board? Sr men's? Oldtimers? Beerleague? Got my skates sharpened up, gear clean out ... first time to play is tonite ... Oooh tha lord I'll be hurting tomorrow. HAHAHA ... :D

Otokiak
Rankin inlet, NU
CANADA

RobSmith
11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Only on PS3 in my case.

lone-wolf
11-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I want to pick up a pair of skates and just skate around. Should be good exercise. Not in any kind of shape to play, a shame cause I love the game.

DOA
11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I played the last couple Fridays, first time since March. I was beat! Always feels good to get out though.

50calshooter
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Yup I play,

I've played net all my life, from minor hockey and on... Nowadays I play Men's A, lots of beer involved but its still fast competitive hockey...

Otokiak
11-09-2012, 12:21 AM
HOLY SNICKERS BATMAN ... I was like Ren & Stimpy out there ... my heart was coming outta my chest and my head was exploding ... but damn it was FUN to finally play again. HAHA Cheers,

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

Mass-effect
01-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Do I Play HOCKEY???? Well i p[lay ball hockey field hocky table hocky ice hockey........LOL
Ive played defense all my life. Was mostly a goon in the past, but Lately i play the player and can stop the puck quite often if i could toot my own horn :)
Never lost a fight on the ice :)

Mass-effect
01-15-2013, 08:24 AM
played in a house league and AA select in toronto as a youngin too

blacksmithden
01-15-2013, 10:59 PM
I used to play in an industrial league years ago. There were 2 guys in there that should have been in the NHL. One guy was on his way and smoked his knee. The other guy was 6' 6" tall, and probably weighed in around 210 or so. VERY athletic in every way. He was actually offered a tryout (pitching) by the BlueJays and turned it down because (besides being a complete idiot), he said "I play baseball for fun. I wouldn't be able to do it for a living."....so he kept on working shift work at the plastics plant I worked at for a while. Whatever..his business. ANYWAY...Steve would skate circles around all of us...nobody could touch him. One day, I said to heck with it. I don't care where the puck goes, but I'm NOT letting Steve get by me. Welll......Steve was coming down the ice going about 300 mph....ran my can over....broke the strap off my helmet....separated my shoulder....pretty much ever joint in my body was killing me for weeks afterward. I still don't blame him...I just kept getting in his way...he zigged at the last second and so did I. I haven't played seriously since then. I just started going out with the kids a few weeks ago after years of not touching a stick. I'm so out of practice it isn't funny. LOL.

jfred
01-16-2013, 01:35 AM
I used to play ice hockey when I was younger. Now I usually just have the occasional game of road hockey with friends.

BrotherRockeye
01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
played all my life...made it to the Junior ranks before life got in the way...

Steve704
01-22-2013, 11:54 PM
I've played hockey my entire life, from minor hockey to competitive mens hockey.

Otokiak
02-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Big Sr men's hockey tourney starts here locally on WEd - Mon ... I sponsor a team and play with them every yr for the last several ... should be interesting as all the young lads are faaaaaast ... guess I'll just play my game and give'er hard and rough. HAHAHA. TEAM TODD all the way baby. Good to see we have all kinds here that do play our game. Cheers GOC,

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

sk8r
02-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Just to chip in - some of us gals play too........;D

Retired now, but check out my User Name........:cool1:

Swan song - 2003 O.W.H.A Provincial Championships (Bronze medalists)

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4042/4396541388_df0a612595.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8289/7589873288_80308e64ee.jpg

I miss the Game. :frown1:

Otokiak
02-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Excellent ... I honestly never meant for this to be only for the gents ... my bad sk8r. ;)

Otokiak
Rankin INlet, NU
CANADA

birtch3
12-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Played rep for years and then moved up to Jr. Now I'm retired living the university life playing intramurals and beer leagues.