PDA

View Full Version : Is their a list some where of Canadian registered firearms dealers and gunsmiths?

Glockster
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
We finally got rid of the registration database for regular citizens with non-restricted long arms. So no more worries about the bad guys hacking the database to use as their shopping list for B&Es. And that is a very good thing.

If you have read SURVIVORS, by James Wesley, Rawles, then you will know what I mean. And any one who remembers the Squamish Five, who had the IPSC BC membership list along with their home addresses, and was using it as their shopping list for their "B&E bargain gun acquisition program" can also relate.

But all Canadian gun dealers and gunsmiths still need a FEDERAL license, correct?
And that list would also make another great shopping list for the B&E artists.

I would be interested in knowing who all the dealers and gunsmiths are in my local area. Not because I am scoping them out for a B&E, but because it would be convenient for comparison shopping. Even though I have been a gun guy for decades, I don't know all the gun shops and gun smiths near me. Understandably, some of the smaller operations simply don't advertise to the public, in the yellow pages, on the internet, or no where. All word of mouth.

So does any one know where these lists are?
Are they secured?
Are they public knowledge?

And should we be looking at things like this on a public internet forum?
Freedom of Information is not always freedom from responsibility.
But I'd still like a peek at those lists.
The Glockster