PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the Family

YVRguy
05-26-2018, 06:30 PM
I've had my eye on this bad boy for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger, as it were. What's not to like: Tons of history, upgradable to a very respectable target rifle and a serviceable hunting rifle, albeit a little heavy. And no, it never occurred to me to get the synthetic stock :)

It's on the way now - can't wait.

wolver
05-26-2018, 08:21 PM
That's a beaut, for sure!

6MT
05-26-2018, 10:17 PM
Springfield?

YVRguy
05-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Springfield?

Yep. Standard version. I considered the National Match but I'm not really looking for that kind of precision. Also gives me an opportunity to tweak it in the future.

6MT
05-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Nice! I had a Springfeild Scout Squad. Really amazing how it felt when shouldered. Too bad that one was restricted. You'll have fun, but don't expect superior accuracy.

YVRguy
05-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Nice! I had a Springfeild Scout Squad. Really amazing how it felt when shouldered. Too bad that one was restricted. You'll have fun, but don't expect superior accuracy.

Yeah the Scout Squad is sweet. I was tempted by that but really wanted something non-restricted. Like I said, I'm not looking to pound nails with this one, rather just enjoy shooting a little bit of history (even if it is a replica).

Hidyn
05-28-2018, 04:52 PM
The springfields look nice! I think you're really going to love that one! Even my Norinco with it's poor fit and finish is a ton of fun!

I'm definitely jealous. :cool1:

Justice
05-29-2018, 11:12 AM
The synthetic stock doesn't really drop the weight much. My semi'd Winchester M-14 came with the issue fibreglass stock. Weight is 9 pounds. Balances nicely though.

YVRguy
05-29-2018, 03:25 PM
The synthetic stock doesn't really drop the weight much. My semi'd Winchester M-14 came with the issue fibreglass stock. Weight is 9 pounds. Balances nicely though.

I just like the look of the walnut stock. It will be partly a collector for me. In the real world, I've read that the wooden stocks ended up swelling with all the moisture in Southeast Asia so they went to fibreglass.