PDA

View Full Version : Stag-10 CDN Rifle (received NR Status)

jwirecom109
06-23-2018, 05:48 AM
We posted the news on the Facebook Page, so I thought it would be a good idea to inform everyone here. :)

"Arms East the Exclusive CDN Distributor of Stag Arms is happy to announce that the Stag-10 CDN Rifle has finally received it's Non-Restricted Classification this week"

https://scontent.fyyc5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35925896_1732690476822483_7138036840505802752_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=ad55fce5bacf5aa9e4a6964bab73c229&oe=5BE5EAC4

Camo tung
06-23-2018, 06:46 AM
Being that it's Saturday and I'm lazier than usual to surf the the intra-web...any teasers on a price point?

JustBen
06-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Omfg - I need two.

Camo tung
06-23-2018, 06:55 AM
Omfg - I need two.

Back of the line!! lol

kennymo
06-23-2018, 07:34 AM
Being that it's Saturday and I'm lazier than usual to surf the the intra-web...any teasers on a price point?

https://www.armseast.ca/stag_arms_ar10_rifles/stag_arms_stag_10_cdn_22_6.5_creedmore_pcf_rifle_n on_restricted/

ilikemoose
06-23-2018, 08:37 AM
That's huge, and its priced very competitively.

And Stag rifles have a great reputation for quality.

A welcome addition to the market.

firemachine69
06-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Now I'm just waiting for the Stag-10L... ;D

JustBen
06-23-2018, 12:53 PM
Now I'm just waiting for the Stag-10L... ;D

I see IRUNGUNS has the 6.5 Creedmore in LH for just under 1600USD

lone-wolf
06-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Priced right, offers the stripped receivers, and furniture-less rifles - smart thing to do.

play.soccer
06-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Ordered receivers. Might get rid of my bcl receivers lol

Mark-II
06-23-2018, 05:44 PM
Ordered receivers. Might get rid of my bcl receivers lol

Might sell the whole damned BCL...

play.soccer
06-23-2018, 08:46 PM

Well I have a sweet armalite barrel and bcg that I'm gonna swap into the stag so mine won't be complete unless I find a cheap bcl barrel

Haywire1
06-23-2018, 10:30 PM

Explains the sudden rash of bcls for sale over on cgn

JustBen
06-23-2018, 10:57 PM
Explains the sudden rash of bcls for sale over on cgn

Are they asking less than MSRP yet?

kennymo
06-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Are they asking less than MSRP yet?

You clearly don't understand how this works..... :p

Grizz Axxemann
06-24-2018, 12:28 AM
Guys are trying to get what they paid for... "BNIB test fired 250 times!"

Grizz Axxemann
06-24-2018, 12:30 AM
I see IRUNGUNS has the 6.5 Creedmore in LH for just under 1600USD

I don't think IRG is going to get those in on an NR FRT. AEI's guns have proprietary receivers. They're *just* different enough.

JustBen
06-24-2018, 06:45 AM
I don't think IRG is going to get those in on an NR FRT. AEI's guns have proprietary receivers. They're *just* different enough.

They are claiming that they have a NR FRT for it over on CGN. I’m not sure what the difference is...

lone-wolf
06-24-2018, 07:04 AM
BCLs seem capable with a good barrel, but I'd rather have stag arms on my receiver.

Grizz Axxemann
06-25-2018, 12:29 AM
They are claiming that they have a NR FRT for it over on CGN. I’m not sure what the difference is...

Keyword: Claim.

I'll wait for someone with FRT access to verify it.

But then again, I've never seen a regular Stag-10 in the wild, so I can't tell the difference. I'd still rather give my money to Walter & co. The guys at IRG just seem to be pulling off reactionary bullshit to scoop business from people who have done the actual leg work because they can get stuff from their US "branch" for cheaper, and at a higher profit margin due to the lower overhead costs of not having a brick & mortar shop. Even Questar doesn't stoop to that, and they've been in the cross-border gun running business for a lot longer than IRG, Aztech, or anyone else I can think of. About the only perk I can think of for me personally when dealing with IRG is that I can drive to the Rexall Drugs in Sherwood Park that they have their PO Box set up at and collect it before they ship it the 20ish km to my place over 5-7 business days after it gets to their Canadian "office."

But in the end, people will vote with their wallets. If AEI has P&D or Phoenix Range as a dealer for these, I'd probably prefer to just walk in there, light up my debit card and walk out with a new toy under my arm, instead of paying for shipping on top of everything else.

Drache
06-26-2018, 06:50 PM
I'll wait for someone with FRT access to verify it.

Why didn't you just say please? :D

https://i.imgur.com/i2XCDy2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fMc3yKQ.jpg

SIR VEYOR
06-27-2018, 05:13 AM
The guys at IRG just seem to be pulling off reactionary bullshit to scoop business from people who have done the actual leg work because they can get stuff from their US "branch" for cheaper, and at a higher profit margin due to the lower overhead costs of not having a brick & mortar shop. Even Questar doesn't stoop to that, and they've been in the cross-border gun running business for a lot longer than IRG, Aztech, or anyone else I can think of.

So you’re blaming them for volume buying power and realizing E-commerce is profitable for a widespread customer base? Most of the sponsors on here wouldn’t exist without their large number of e-sales. That aggressive business type of behaviour is what got us a lot of the non res stuff right now, especially at these price points. Everyone is still making money, but maybe in different ways. A range is supporting Phoenix’s sales. How many original Fortune 500 companies are still on there and doing what they always did? GE went last week.

In a way, IRG helped create the “AR-ish” shotgun hey day on right now. Canada Ammo did the heavy lifting, said up front: “likely restricted”. It was, they decided not to import any at all. IRG did, proving the market existed. Another great company brought in variations (among other companies), and worked hard to get that interpretation revised to non res.

Like any business, there’s things to like and not like. I’ve heard sketchy things about a lot of big online presence dealers paying to be here and at CGN. And smaller guys too.

Overall, I’m happy IRG came out to play. They’re part of the more realistically priced, innovative, industry we have here today. Would the non res AR market be exploding in the sub $1k market without at least some of their presence? It’s caused businesses to reevaluate and develop new things. Without change, no growth. Without change, no innovation.

SIR VEYOR
06-27-2018, 05:15 AM
Why didn't you just say please? :D

All hail the cricket whisperer! He speaks, they out bigger than the Budwiser frogs!

glockfan
06-27-2018, 10:39 PM
https://www.armseast.ca/stag_arms_ar10_rifles/stag_arms_stag_10_cdn_22_6.5_creedmore_pcf_rifle_n on_restricted/

stag non res lower-upper combo at 695..hhmmmmmiawooo!!

jwirecom109
07-06-2018, 03:27 PM
9. Unsolicited posts by companies and/or individuals promoting themselves, a website, or a product are not allowed.

two users have been banned due to shilling for the company they work for.

DILLIGAF
07-06-2018, 03:43 PM
The guys at IRG just seem to be pulling off reactionary bullshit to scoop business from people who have done the actual leg work because they can get stuff from their US "branch" for cheaper, and at a higher profit margin due to the lower overhead costs of not having a brick & mortar shop..

They keep the bullshit NR tax verry low. and I applaud them for it. If it wasnt for them we still be getting rapped in Canada look at North Sylva and the MX10 ... hahahahh they blatantly rip off Canadian gun owners and give zero *cares* about it.

Brick and mortar stores are a dying breed. If I can buy it online for cheaper why the heck would I get in my truck, waste gas, go into the store, have to talk to people and pay 15% tax instead of 5% when I buy online. Heck Everyone I know has Amazon prime. Save a metric ton of money, get your stuff in 2 days! And the best part all of this can be done naked from your living room.

Grizz Axxemann
07-07-2018, 03:07 PM
They keep the bullshit NR tax verry low. and I applaud them for it. If it wasnt for them we still be getting rapped in Canada look at North Sylva and the MX10 ... hahahahh they blatantly rip off Canadian gun owners and give zero *cares* about it. I find your grousing of the "NR tax" laughable. Sure, companies like North Sylva like to jack the price up something fierce, and I agree, it's bullshit, but you get to decide with your wallet. You don't like the price, don't buy it. For the rest of it, you've got to factor in exchange rates (which fluctuate daily) transport costs, and of course, the costs associated with running a gun shop.

Brick and mortar stores are a dying breed. If I can buy it online for cheaper why the heck would I get in my truck, waste gas, go into the store, have to talk to people and pay 15% tax instead of 5% when I buy online. Heck Everyone I know has Amazon prime. Save a metric ton of money, get your stuff in 2 days! And the best part all of this can be done naked from your living room.
Sadly, they are. Personally, I think it sucks. You see it different. I like to be able to hold something in my hand, or try it on before buying it. I like to ask questions from someone knowledgeable (I know, a rarity in this day and age) about the product I'm planning on spending my hard earned money on, since I don't have much of it to spend on toys. Needless to say, I blame jackasses like you for the death of the B&M storefront, and unscrupulous property management firms who keep jacking up rent for said locations. I grew up in a town where you got your meat from the butcher, your bread from the baker, and your produce from the green grocer and you were on first name basis with them. Quality was far better than what you're getting for the same price you're paying today (inflation adjusted, of course.) Mind you, back then gas was cheap, and things were built to last. I can see why you want to not burn fuel in your truck. It costs $200 to fill, and the doors fall off inside of 5 years. But that's because everyone wants their goods cheap cheap cheap.

Remember the triangle of Cheap, Fast, and Well Made? You can only pick two. Well made is ALWAYS one of the corners for me. So if I want it fast, I have to be prepared to spend. If I want it cheap, I better be patient. But don't let my ramblings and grousing about the good old days stop you from ordering from someone who runs their business from a SeaCan and a PO Box.

lone-wolf
07-07-2018, 03:17 PM
*puts on mod hat* No need to be calling other members jackasses.

Drache
07-07-2018, 03:31 PM

Agreed! Just call them a "Trudeau Lover" instead.

DILLIGAF
07-07-2018, 03:34 PM
I blame jackasses like you for the death of the B&M storefront.

:tounge:

DILLIGAF
07-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Agreed! Just call them a "Trudeau Lover" instead.

Thats crossing the line...lol...

oilman28
07-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Priced right, offers the stripped receivers, and furniture-less rifles - smart thing to do.

Yeah the price for the 308 rifles is pretty reasonable too even comparing them with the BCL 102s. I may have to pick one of these up and take it hunting this fall. Now to find a optic for it.

Grizz Axxemann
07-07-2018, 05:20 PM

In my world, EVERYONE is a jackass. Even you. Even me. ;)

Grizz Axxemann
07-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Thats crossing the line...lol...

Agreed.

lone-wolf
07-07-2018, 07:57 PM
I see they have the receiver sets for under $600

Grizz Axxemann
07-07-2018, 10:07 PM
I see they have the receiver sets for under $600

Yep. 579 or something like that. Add in one of the QPQ BCGs and you're off to the races.

SIR VEYOR
07-08-2018, 04:27 AM
I find your grousing of the "NR tax" laughable. Sure, companies like North Sylva like to jack the price up something fierce, and I agree, it's bullshit, but you get to decide with your wallet. You don't like the price, don't buy it. For the rest of it, you've got to factor in exchange rates (which fluctuate daily) transport costs, and of course, the costs associated with running a gun shop.

Remember the triangle of Cheap, Fast, and Well Made? You can only pick two. Well made is ALWAYS one of the corners for me. So if I want it fast, I have to be prepared to spend. If I want it cheap, I better be patient. But don't let my ramblings and grousing about the good old days stop you from ordering from someone who runs their business from a SeaCan and a PO Box.

Until IRG and a lot of other online efforts, you couldn’t vote with your wallet. And you’re apparently fine with knowing that you’re being mugged. Just pay more cuz it’s the Canadian way...
Your triangle is hard to square unless we add in a side for “knowingly exploited by the middleman/distributor. They’re part of the reason why small shops all offer mostly the same low end selection, poor diversity, and poor prices.

Look at Virden MB, could they really support their size and staff without their online presence and efforts? How about Arms East themselves? You’d go to their store to get a Stag?

Many retailers have now bypassed North Sylva and others and are sourcing straight from manufacturers. They’ve adapted their business models. Some work, some don’t. ATRS development of the MH/MV line also showed a product opportunity. They didn’t want to lower their price point or even offer a much lower cost option. It’s a great product, but comes at a boutique price. Others found a way to do so economically. I think even ATRS has some options getting there now. Boolets knows the ins and out much better on most of that.

And the guys operating out of a Seacan are frequently fronting the cash themselves. Not making you bankroll part of the order for them. And if they’re successful they open a B&M. SFRC come to mind.

Essentially, you’re mad that IRG isn’t following an exclusive distribution agreement, that was thought to be there, but never was. How many have IRG put through the lab for approval themselves? Can that be checked? It might be surprising. Then again, I think a lot of theirs have been restricted, so they don’t get much attention in most circles.

DILLIGAF
07-26-2018, 06:02 PM
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37900904_10156650746643552_4203861474759671808_o.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=019182d0b5e2589a5bf78db011906da9&oe=5BD204C2

kennymo
07-26-2018, 06:12 PM
Already? You don't waste any time, lol.....

ESnel
07-26-2018, 06:15 PM
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37900904_10156650746643552_4203861474759671808_o.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=019182d0b5e2589a5bf78db011906da9&oe=5BD204C2

6.5CM or .308 ?

DuhBoredShooter
07-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Wait... so i can buy the lower receiver and drop a .223 upper and get a non-restricted AR??

ESnel
07-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Wait... so i can buy the lower receiver and drop a .223 upper and get a non-restricted AR??

It's doable but not with the Stag 10,and it can't be an AR upper or AR varient

DuhBoredShooter
07-26-2018, 10:25 PM
It's doable but not with the Stag 10,and it can't be an AR upper or AR varientWhy not? I thought the lower was the "firearm"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lone-wolf
07-26-2018, 10:32 PM
If the lower was capable of mounting an ar15 upper, even if duct tape was needed to secure it, then it would of been classed as an ar15 variant.

ESnel
07-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Why not? I thought the lower was the "firearm"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It is but if the lower accepts AR-15 uppers then it's considered an AR or AR variant. Also note the Stag 10 is built around the .308 and larger so matching an AR-15 upper would be to small(width,distance between pins).

Canada Ammo sold/sell a single shot .50 upper that fits an AR-15 lower which makes it restricted. A Canadian company offered a lower which required permanently modifying the upper so it no longer worked with an AR-15 lower. Under those conditions the rifle now became a non-restricted.

There are a number of companies that manufacture a proprietary upper/lower that use a large number of AR parts but don't fit AR uppers/lowers. The Stag 10 is an example of this as to the number of DPMS 308 AR parts it uses but is not considered a 308 AR or variant.

play.soccer
07-27-2018, 12:33 PM
I think my handguard from brownells is at the post office. If so I'll be able to put it together tonight.

mrCanoehead
01-01-2019, 08:59 AM
There are a number of companies that manufacture a proprietary upper/lower that use a large number of AR parts but don't fit AR uppers/lowers. The Stag 10 is an example of this as to the number of DPMS 308 AR parts it uses but is not considered a 308 AR or variant.

You can fit at least one upper that is supplied with a restricted rifle, to the Stag 10 lower.

JustBen
01-01-2019, 09:33 AM
You can fit at least one upper that is supplied with a restricted rifle, to the Stag 10 lower.

And which upper is that?

The Stag 10 is only restricted if the barrel is too short. Regular AR10 and AR15 uppers do not fit. Its a proprietary design that is not compatible with others, hence the non-restricted status. But thanks for coming out.

mrCanoehead
01-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Shrug. Mine fits and it fires great. Takedown pins are a little tight, that's all. Trigger is aftermarket though.

JustBen
01-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Shrug. Mine fits and it fires great. Takedown pins are a little tight, that's all. Trigger is aftermarket though.

And what upper did you make fit? Pictures?

mrCanoehead
01-01-2019, 11:07 AM
I'm not saying. First, because you were a dick about it. Second, if there is some question about Stag going restricted I ain't helping the Man to make it happen.

JustBen
01-01-2019, 11:26 AM
I'm not saying. First, because you were a dick about it. Second, if there is some question about Stag going restricted I ain't helping the Man to make it happen.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

Joins the board only to post that he's managed to fit a restricted upper to a proprietary non-restricted lower and then refuses to go into details. Hmmm.

lone-wolf
01-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Joins the board only to post that he's managed to fit a restricted upper to a proprietary non-restricted lower and then refuses to go into details. Hmmm.

It hasn't gone unnoticed.

mrCanoehead
01-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Shrug.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Stag-10-lower-another-lower-option-for-LaRue-uppers--/219-285552/

That makes two uppers you can fit to a Stag 10 lower.

Grizz Axxemann
01-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Not perfect. Takes some massaging, but I like the look of that. I really would prefer a slab-side upper for mine.

mrCanoehead
01-03-2019, 07:06 AM
Call me stupid again but I am pretty sure you can get any M110-profile upper to fit up. Hammer may not make it through the slot on some - easily addressed.

SigWig
02-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Looking for an update ArmsEast

When is the next shipment and will complete uppers be an option?

Thank you

mrCanoehead
02-24-2019, 09:51 AM
Stag 10 lower, KAC upper.
https://i.imgur.com/1tGGHTp.jpg

mrCanoehead
03-24-2019, 02:12 PM
Stag 10 lower, different KAC upper. 0.7 MOA at 400 y.
https://i.imgur.com/zEKkdoS.jpg

JustBen
03-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Well colour me wrong. The potential implications are not positive.

mrCanoehead
03-25-2019, 02:21 PM
No problem at all. It is not obvious if you don't have experience with the platform.

It is unlikely that the techs at the RCMP would not be aware. You could actually make an argument that the KAC SR25 should really be NR, but it was not homologated that way.

I think there is a good chance that all the NR semis like Modern Hunter, Stag 10, BCL102 will go restricted if not prohibited. I am just enjoying them while I can, if I can't shoot them anymore someday, I had a good run.