PDA

View Full Version : How many copies of PAL/RPAL do you get?

Gummiente
07-21-2018, 04:59 AM
I was under the impression you only get one licence card, but yesterday I received a second one in the mail. Identical to the first, only difference is one serial number ends in .0001, the other in .0002, is this normal?

blacksmithden
07-21-2018, 07:52 AM
The last 4 numbers only indicate how many times its been renewed. Yes, you should only have one card issued. Sounds like the computer or the operator screwed up in your case.

Yogi05
07-21-2018, 08:23 AM
The one that says 0001 should no longer be valid if there is a 0002.

Any condition or poss/acquisition changes?

greywolf67nt
07-21-2018, 08:34 AM
The last 4 numbers only indicate how many times its been renewed. Yes, you should only have one card issued. Sounds like the computer or the operator screwed up in your case.

OR the OP bought their first restricted?

Gummiente
07-21-2018, 10:48 AM

Makes sense. Much obliged!

Gummiente
07-21-2018, 10:49 AM
The one that says 0001 should no longer be valid if there is a 0002.

Any condition or poss/acquisition changes?

No changes of any kind, still have no restrictions or conditions.

Gummiente
07-21-2018, 10:49 AM
OR the OP bought their first restricted?

You mean every time you buy a restricted firearm you get a new licence?

greywolf67nt
07-21-2018, 11:02 AM
You mean every time you buy a restricted firearm you get a new licence?

No.
Did you just buy your first restricted?
If you look at the piece of paper it came stuck to it will have your ATT conditions printed on it and on the PAL itself #.0002 will have (at the bottom on the front) Standard and non-standard conditions attached to this licence where #.0001 will not.

Gummiente
07-21-2018, 11:40 AM
No.
Did you just buy your first restricted?
If you look at the piece of paper it came stuck to it will have your ATT conditions printed on it and on the PAL itself #.0002 will have (at the bottom on the front) Standard and non-standard conditions attached to this licence where #.0001 will not.
Actually, both came with the identical paper attachment. To make it even more strange, 0002 arrived last month while 0001 showed up a couple days ago. But, yes, I did recently purchase my first restricted.

Gummiente
07-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Ok, so... I'm an idiot. Took a closer look at the attachments and licence cards just now and there is a difference; the .0002 has the "standard and transportation conditions are attached to this licence" printed on it, whereas the .0001 only has "standard conditions are attached to this licence". My bad.

Still don't understand why 2 arrived before 1, though.

Candychikita
07-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Heh. I have in my possession up to .0005. No idea why they keep sending me these things - they all look pretty identical other than the first one. The photo on 2-5 looks like a donkey's ass too - it's so blurry that the figure in it isn't even identifiable as a person, just a blob with eyeballs. Not quite certain what they are trying to accomplish...

RobertMcC
07-21-2018, 06:08 PM
The last 4 numbers only indicate how many times its been renewed. Yes, you should only have one card issued. Sounds like the young computer or the operator screwed up in your case.

Renewed or issued. I renewed mine 4 times and got a .0004

I did a sale with a young male in his early 20s. He had .0004 on his PAL. I asked him about it since it was kinda fishy. He did his PAL first, than later on his R pal. And was a miss print, and one they re issued him one with conditions.

RangeBob
07-21-2018, 07:20 PM
The photo on 2-5 looks like a donkey's ass too - it's so blurry that the figure in it isn't even identifiable as a person, just a blob with eyeballs.
My last PAL's photo is also blurry. I renewed by registered mail, so they had to scan the picture.
The next time I renew a PAL I'm planning on renewing on-line, and I'm expecting the uploaded picture to look better on the new PAL.

Gummiente
07-22-2018, 04:37 AM
So the blurry pic is a common thing, then. Mine looks like one of those fuzzy security camera pics they show on the News.

LB303
07-22-2018, 09:17 AM
My last PAL's photo is also blurry. I renewed by registered mail, so they had to scan the picture.
The next time I renew a PAL I'm planning on renewing on-line, and I'm expecting the uploaded picture to look better on the new PAL.

Don't expect great things. It's low res in spite of the hi res I sent them.