PDA

View Full Version : I signed up for some memberships today

chrisc
08-22-2018, 12:24 PM
So I may have gotten carried away. I went to renew my CSSA membership which I've been meaning to do for a little while and after doing that I thought well I should look at the CCFR's site. Well that led to me signing up and getting the legal defence insurance which I've also been meaning to do for a while. Then I thought I should look at the NFA's site and see what they are up to now as I was a member before the last meltdown and never renewed. It was only $35 to sign up with no insurance so I figured well I might as well do it and see what going on there again, worst case scenario I remember liking their magazine so I guess we will see if they are worth keeping beyond this year.

What's been going on with all of the orgs lately? I get the CSSA updates still so it seems like they have been working on a few things here and there.

CCFR seems to be pretty active in the media and doing interviews helping to turn public opinion which I like.

NFA I think has been active at the UN battling on that front which is a fight worth having.

Am I missing anything big?

lone-wolf
08-22-2018, 12:29 PM
You seemed to have everything summed up that I know of.
I need to do the same

RangeBob
08-22-2018, 12:51 PM
Conservative Party of Canada ?

shortandlong
08-22-2018, 01:02 PM
In all seriousness , unless people start speaking out publicly at every opportunity .........we are lost

chrisc
08-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Conservative Party of Canada ?

Already a member

Billythreefeathers
08-24-2018, 07:52 PM
In all seriousness , unless people start speaking out publicly at every opportunity .........we are lost

speak up and push back,, never pass a fault

the left has for too long owned the stage,, time to act up,, shout them DOWN as they do to us, we need to do to them

1ABNDT
03-24-2019, 02:38 PM
GOC.

3MTA3
04-10-2019, 03:49 PM
The Liberal party and rot them out from the inside.

Petamocto
04-10-2019, 03:54 PM
CCFR has been making a lot of noise, but I’m not sure if they’ve accomplished anything that organized lobbying couldn’t do. I’m not saying I could have done better, but it seems like a lot of money. Their original aim was to be non-partisan so they would be invited to the table of any party, but that theory in practice hasn’t netted anything tangible. May as well be biased.

The CSSA’s efforts to create a simplified classification system (that the Cons have promised to implement) is potentially the biggest win/effect for gun owners.

3MTA3
04-10-2019, 04:16 PM
CCFR has been making a lot of noise, but I’m not sure if they’ve accomplished anything that organized lobbying couldn’t do. I’m not saying I could have done better, but it seems like a lot of money. Their original aim was to be non-partisan so they would be invited to the table of any party, but that theory in practice hasn’t netted anything tangible. May as well be biased.

The CSSA’s efforts to create a simplified classification system (that the Cons have promised to implement) is potentially the biggest win/effect for gun owners.
Hard to be non partisan when dealing with diametrically opposed Totalitarian Liberal scum CSers.
(-I tried to only say "Liberals" but it was just too hard)

Petamocto
04-10-2019, 05:39 PM
3MT3A,

I agree with their theory when they proposed it. The NFA had been so partisan that it was obvious that they’d never be invited to the table if another party was in power. So the CCFR’s theory was sound that they would not support a party, because they wanted to be viewed as the objective of firearm laws. In practice, however, that theory was shot down in flames. Nobody in the Liberal Party or media saw the CCFR as objective, but as psycho gun nut NRA types who wanted 4 year olds to be able to buy machine guns at Shopper’s Drug Mart.

Like I said, I agree with the non-partisan theory, because it really is the best mindset to have, but if the other side has no interest whatsoever in agreeing to any form of in the middle handshake, then f*** them. We tried, and it didn’t work, so it’s time to pick a side.

If they’re not going to listen even when you’re objectively in the middle, then continuing down that path is futile.

GTW
04-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Petamocto, anyone who opposed the Liberal disarmament agenda would have been/is labelled as NRA by the Liberals so they can bleat about foreign influence. The CCFR was/is a step in the right direction and while they may have stumbled a few times due to the fact the organization is made up of mostly volunteers, they’ve been effective at education of our politicians. There is no way possible to be non-partisan when dealing with those hell bent on the disarmament of the Canadian public.

Doug_M
04-11-2019, 04:25 AM
I remember well when Rod was talking of doing things differently in a non-partisan way and chuckling to myself thinking, give it time Rod and you will be forced into a partisan corner by the Liberals. They (as a party) are ideologues when it comes to guns. They're really no different than say Wendy when she blocks any and everyone on Twitter and Facebook who posts dissenting opinions. She's not interested in a discussion. She's only interested in advancing her agenda and nothing said by anyone at any time is going to sway her. The Libs are the same. Sure they go through the motions and invite the CCFR to committee, but then they attack them there and otherwise ignore what they are saying.

RangeBob
04-11-2019, 04:35 AM
give it time Rod and you will be forced into a partisan corner by the Liberals.

Remember the shock on Rod Giltaca's face, when at the House SECU Committee hearing on Bill C-71 last year (May 2018 ish), Liberal MP Peter Fragiskatos verbally 'attacked' Rod so relentlessly, not even bothering to ask a question, that it made the papers.

Grimlock
04-11-2019, 06:25 AM
It was the Liberals that made it partisan, not the CCFR. The Liberals are the reason for its creation and its strength. It's kind of like the NRA going from running rifle matches to being what it is now after '68.

Greglc
04-11-2019, 07:47 AM
I joined ccfr last week, I've thought about it for a few years, figured about time.

3MTA3
04-12-2019, 03:16 AM
I joined ccfr last week, I've thought about it for a few years, figured about time.

Actually it is well past time.

Greglc
04-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Actually it is well past time.

Ya I know, will keep it up now that I have.

pewpew62
04-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Because I am fat and lazy, I just throw money at the CCFR and CPC and hope they look after me.

3MTA3
04-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Well that is something then, better than nothing- If we could get every PAL holder to throw some money at the CCFR,CSSA, and CPC, I am sure we would make incredible progress. If we all could get 1 new licensee, that would probably seal it. I will get one new Junior PAL this year- my daughter!

GTW
04-12-2019, 04:14 PM
I just got my second son to enroll in his RPAL course this April, and got my brother and his son to get their RPALs too in redneck Alberta. My other son has had his since last year, so I've helped make Liberals cry at least 4 times. Actually more as each RPAL is followed up with a restricted purchase. I've donated fairly significant amounts to the CSSA & CCFR as well over the last couple of years, after the NFA imploded.

Greglc
04-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Well that is something then, better than nothing- If we could get every PAL holder to throw some money at the CCFR,CSSA, and CPC, I am sure we would make incredible progress. If we all could get 1 new licensee, that would probably seal it. I will get one new Junior PAL this year- my daughter!

Got my wife to take her rpal this January, her first pistol came 2 weeks ago, she's not really interested in either, but its 1 more for our side.

SIR VEYOR
04-12-2019, 07:39 PM
So I may have gotten carried away. I went to renew my CSSA membership which I've been meaning to do for a little while and after doing that I thought well I should look at the CCFR's site. Well that led to me signing up and getting the legal defence insurance which I've also been meaning to do for a while. Then I thought I should look at the NFA's site and see what they are up to now as I was a member before the last meltdown and never renewed. It was only $35 to sign up with no insurance so I figured well I might as well do it and see what going on there again, worst case scenario I remember liking their magazine so I guess we will see if they are worth keeping beyond this year.

What's been going on with all of the orgs lately? I get the CSSA updates still so it seems like they have been working on a few things here and there.

CCFR seems to be pretty active in the media and doing interviews helping to turn public opinion which I like.

NFA I think has been active at the UN battling on that front which is a fight worth having.

Am I missing anything big?

Did you pay the NFA by cheque perchance? You might want to reconsider...

Rory McCanuck
04-12-2019, 08:05 PM
As that was August, that cheque has likely cleared by now.

chrisc
04-13-2019, 02:55 AM

It has since cleared but I am regretting my renewal of the NFA right now for sure. I won't be signing up again. And now that I think about it I'm not sure that I've received any of their magazines since I renewed, gonna have to check the mail pile.

SIR VEYOR
04-13-2019, 05:49 AM

That’s alright, I’ll set a timer and ask a follow up closer to the real necrodate.

SIR VEYOR
04-13-2019, 05:51 AM
It has since cleared but I am regretting my renewal of the NFA right now for sure. I won't be signing up again. And now that I think about it I'm not sure that I've received any of their magazines since I renewed, gonna have to check the mail pile.

Sue for non-performance?

Get a refund. If they don’t pay, slap a mechanics lien on Sheldons house. It’s not just for mechanics and is pretty easy to do.

linung
04-13-2019, 09:04 PM

I flip through it at the range.... nothing special. Calibre is nicer and has a better presentation.

SIR VEYOR
04-14-2019, 05:09 AM
I flip through it at the range.... nothing special. Calibre is nicer and has a better presentation.

You sure it’s not just an old Calibre issue recovered with “No Compromise”?

Doug_M
04-14-2019, 05:13 AM

Calibre is a for profit commercial magazine produced by professionals that one now gets for free with CSSA membership. The NFA magazine is non-profit made by volunteers strictly for NFA members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro