PDA

View Full Version : BUIS options

JustBen
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and order the Dlask rails for my Ruger SR-22. I'm looking to add some BUIS, but I'm really lost when it comes to this sort of thing. Looking on eBay, I can get Magpul PTS BUIS reasonably cheap - but I'm not sure about the quality compared to regular Magpul sights. Or would I be better off to upgrade to a metal sight (ie Troy)? Are there any major issues with cowitnessing a red dot to irons?

What are my options? What do you run? What should I avoid?

jwirecom109
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Do not go with the PTS magpul ones, Magpul themselves say dont use them on real guns.
If you go with magpul go real its worth it i have my BUIS as the real magpuls

Na1lb0hm
04-13-2012, 03:59 PM
I used a set of midwest industries, co witnessed with an eotech. No problems what so ever,

BuckingFastard
04-13-2012, 08:26 PM
I use an magpul buis cowittness with an eo works great. 50's vltor set up is awesome with the troy and aimpoint m4. For the SR 22 I wouldn't spen a pile of dough, maybe a used set of gen1 magpuls

Cavs42
04-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Mu MBUS rear co-witnesses beautifully with my Vortex Strikefire.

JustBen
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, time to bring this one back from the dead.

I just spent $11.30 on a set of "MagPul" BUIS from Deal Extreme. A little sketchy, but I will post details when they arrive.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/magpul-mbus-gen-2-front-rear-flip-up-sights-set-black-127641

jwirecom109
09-27-2012, 02:02 PM
100% honest with you their fake.

The real ones come in a plastic see through bag with the magpul cardboard paper sealing the top. and they run 10x that.

http://sgcusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/magpul-mbus-rear-fde-gen-2-1.jpg

To add to it if you check their contact information its China, they mass produce knock offs of magpul in china daily.

Will it work? maybe, will it work as-well as real magpul, No.

JustBen
09-27-2012, 02:08 PM
100% honest with you their fake.

The real ones come in a plastic see through bag with the magpul cardboard paper sealing the top. and they run 10x that.

http://sgcusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/magpul-mbus-rear-fde-gen-2-1.jpg

From what I can tell, they are the PTS line, which sells for about $30 on eBay. Not really 'fake' (maybe?) but definitely not the same quality as the genuine Magpul sights. For less than a value meal at the local burger mart, I'll give these an honest go. Worst case, they suck and I throw them away, or sell/give them to some airsoft kid. Best case, they hold a zero and kill gophers. Either way, I'm not expecting a lot.

jwirecom109
09-27-2012, 02:12 PM
fair enough just letting you know. The PTS was designed for airsoft, so alot of the conditions a real firearm puts on the stocks trigger guards etc will not hold up under stress and magpul considers them dangerous to us. For MBUS they may have a spring break or they might just fall off but as far as dangerous, no so try em out and let us know if they still will work ;)

JustBen
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Airsoft is hardcore tactical operations training.

But seriously, these are for a .22 rimfire. I'm skeptical about the quality, but I haven't found a hands-on review that says they suck too much for casual use. And I'm sure I can find a mall-ninja to offload them on if they are crap.

I wouldn't go to war with these.

sDot
09-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Those aren't even PTS. Those are Chinese knockoffs. They were discussing these a while back on another forum and they were some cheap Chinese knock offs.

JustBen
09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Bah, crap.

I guess I bought junk.

I've spent my money on worse things.

Satain
09-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Hey if you want I got a pair of ARMS flip up polymers that I stripped the screw heads off them but I did score a replacement set for it. If you want them I sell them to you for dirt cheap that way you won't have to worry about the whole airsoft stuff.
Just a thought.

jt_trouble
09-28-2012, 12:49 PM
You can get a set of ARMS71L's for about $100 or less, they are polymer and will be a lot better than the PTS line of Magpul BUIS.

Satain
09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
You can get a set of ARMS71L's for about $100 or less, they are polymer and will be a lot better than the PTS line of Magpul BUIS.
LoL!!!
Waz thinken more like $40 but some one wants to give me what I paid for them I'd be down for the :p

jt_trouble
09-29-2012, 03:28 PM
LoL!!!
Waz thinken more like $40 but some one wants to give me what I paid for them I'd be down for the :p

Yeah. Wolverine Supplies sells them for $95.00.

$40.00 is a steal and if I had the cash I'd take them lol. I bought a airsoft set of 71L's for my 22 and regret it lol. Should have spent then extra 50 for a real set

Airw4ves
11-26-2012, 11:23 PM
What are your guys thoughts on the DD Fixed sights? I'm debating between them, Magpul BUIS, or saving up to go for a set of Troy's. Just not sure if the extra $100 is worth it for the Troy's
I will be using them along side a Aimpoint T1.

JustBen
11-27-2012, 05:42 AM
I forgot about this thread. The sights came in. They are garbage! But they still seem to hold a decent zero on my 22.

Airw4ves
11-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Thats pretty good considering even the airsoft community thinks they suck haha
Oh well, at least you didn't pay too much for them

sDot
11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Oh man.. The Airsoft community is crazy.

In Airsoft guys are spending $2000 building an ar15 that shoots plastic beads.

In real life people are looking for deals to build the cheapest Ar15 possible.

You actually see guys buying real bullet proof vests for Airsoft. crazy.

Airw4ves
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't tend to put down people in other sports, hell it's their money, they can spend it however they want.
At the end of the day, it's a sport like any other. Imo for someone to spend $2000 on a set of golf clubs, $10000+ for a membership, and thousands more on all the other accessories, all to smack a ball down a patch of land, seems a bit daft. But if that is what makes someone happy, then who am I to tell them different. We all work hard for our money, let people spend it however they choose.

This is all besides the point, back to the iron sights

sDot
11-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not putting it down. I'm saying its a pretty involved game. But it's funny how you spend a fortune on a pretend gun and when it comes to a real gun you want a bang for your buck.

Airw4ves
11-28-2012, 12:33 AM
If only chinese knockoffs were of similar quality. I'm sure there are still a few who buy knock off for the looks, only to have it disintegrate in their hands. ;)

Forbes/Hutton
11-28-2012, 12:51 AM
I have a set of the knock-off MagPuls on a Mossberg Tactical .22. I haven't had a chance to shoot the gun yet.
As it's a .22 I don't think recoil while shake them apart. It's mostly a bench gun, so it's not going to get dropped, dragged through sand, etc, so I'm not worried about them standing up to abuse. I'm not going into combat with the rifle and sights so a failure will not be life-threatening.
There only on there for the "bling factor" and in case the primary scope has a problem. If the knock offs fail, then the primary has crapped out too, so I'll case the gun and shoot something else.

It's strange that all MagPul has to do is complain to ebay and the knock-offs will be removed and the seller warned. If they re-appear with the same seller the seller gets the ban-hammer. And there's LOTS of magpul knockoffs there, I wonder why they don't do anything about it.

Airw4ves
11-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Magpul PTS is not too bad, as it's simply a small difference in the polymer, and built in China. Its the ACM, Element, and god knows what other random brands knockoffs that generally suck.
.22 bench gun, I'm sure you wouldn't notice much though, and I probably would do the same thing haha

sDot
11-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Magpul doesn't complain because it works for them.

You willingly buy crap Magpul knockoffs, and when you realize that they don't hold zero, fall apart, and are bad quality, you pony up the cash and buy real Magpuls.

Aside from people just wanting to dress up Airsoft guns, I haven't heard anyone with anything good to say about the knockoffs in the long run.

For a few bucks extra I'd rather have the real thing over knock offs and parts for play guns.

Airw4ves
11-28-2012, 03:11 PM
I agree, I still don't understand why people go with PTS when for damn near the same price, you can get the real steel version. Whether you need it or not, it still makes sense to go with the more durable, and better built version.