PDA

View Full Version : WK180C Review

adrielm
09-24-2018, 10:05 PM
I was really looking forward to this rifle and it was surprisingly good for the price.

https://youtu.be/6f8uDQaeQpc

glockfan
09-25-2018, 08:59 PM
what do you means by ''acceptable'''. a 2-2.5 moa at 100 is probably acceptable for a 1000$ semi....but 4 moa @100 isn't really impressing to me.sure,it makes for a fun steel plate plinker,but if it can't get better than that.......maybe an accurizing job could extract a little more from that rifle?

adrielm
09-25-2018, 10:26 PM
what do you means by ''acceptable'''. a 2-2.5 moa at 100 is probably acceptable for a 1000$ semi....but 4 moa @100 isn't really impressing to me.sure,it makes for a fun steel plate plinker,but if it can't get better than that.......maybe an accurizing job could extract a little more from that rifle?

I guess it depends what you want.

I didn't test 10 round groups with hunting ammo, because my use case would be coyote hunting. Max 3 rounds, but fired quick, and I need about 1.5 MOA or preferably 1 MOA to do the job at range. I got 1 MOA with 3 groups, 1.5 with 1. It's probably 1 MOA with commercial spec ammo.

The 10 rounds fired quick with blaster ammo was to see if the rifle would be suitable for 3 gun. I purposefully shot as fast and accurate as possible because I wanted a hot barrel to see if it'd string and open up. Maybe I'll get a few mags and test it to see if it strings with heat after shooting ~30 rounds.

In terms of accurizing, you/KD could mod the gas block to get clearance on the forend, or pop on a more expensive barrel. With ~1 MOA groups off commercial ammo, I'm good for using it as a hunting rifle, but wouldn't mind testing heat and longer strings to see if it'd do long range for 3 gun.

Petamocto
09-26-2018, 07:49 AM
I can't believe some of the people on CGN going after Wolverine for not doing X better or Y better.

"Why is the trigger so crappy on this?"
"Because our goal was the best $1000 rifle we could; see ATRS if you want a $5000 rifle"

"Why is the furniture so crappy on this?
"Because our goal was the best $1000 rifle we could; see ATRS if you want a $5000 rifle"

"Why is the accuracy so crappy on this?"

Hopefully Wolverine can put aside all of the griping, and just know that the fact that orders are so backed up is reason enough to think they're doing the right thing.

I've also never seen a shop be so involved in the dialogue, and so willing to post people updates. I can't get SFA from DLASK over their next TUF-22 receiver. They posted something over a year ago saying it's coming, and then crickets. Wolverine has been replying to 100 posts per week on the 180.

adrielm
09-26-2018, 11:40 AM
I can't believe some of the people on CGN going after Wolverine for not doing X better or Y better.

"Why is the trigger so crappy on this?"

"Why is the furniture so crappy on this?

"Why is the accuracy so crappy on this?"

Hopefully Wolverine can put aside all of the griping, and just know that the fact that orders are so backed up is reason enough to think they're doing the right thing.

I've also never seen a shop be so involved in the dialogue, and so willing to post people updates. I can't get SFA from DLASK over their next TUF-22 receiver. They posted something over a year ago saying it's coming, and then crickets. Wolverine has been replying to 100 posts per week on the 180.

Yeah, I really appreciated the transparency they had on this project. I've seen a couple other dealers do this kind of thing like M14.ca when they were doing their T97 parts.

It's nice to know what's going on.

AaronMohl
04-02-2019, 03:16 PM
I’ve been told mine is showing up soon..... Has anyone noticed any specific ammunition likes or dislikes? Eg the brother in law’s Tikka loves Federal. I don’t really wanna get 1000 rounds of something that it doesn’t like.

Hidyn
04-03-2019, 04:55 PM
A good friend of mine is on the waiting list for this, he has what should be an exceptional trigger and a stack of magazines sitting on his bench waiting. :)

Thanks for the review! I'll check this out when I get home!