PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had any dealings with SFRC/Ammo Source recently?

Leonardj
09-29-2018, 01:02 PM
Has anyone else had any dealings with SFRC/Ammo Source recently?

I made an online purchase from them on the morning of the 25th of this month - 4 days ago.
By that afternoon, I received an e-mail stating that the status of my order was now "processing".
The projected delivery date as quoted by their website was the 28th of Sep.

I haven't heard anything more from them to date - no notice of having been shipped, and no tracking number.
On the evening of the 27th, I left them a message using their "contact us" feature on their webpage, figuring that they would have all of Friday to respond.
No response on Friday, and still no response thus far today.
The purchase amount has been charged to my credit card.

I'm really not quite sure what the problem might be, but a response to my enquiry would have been reassuring, and would have negated the need for this post.
Is this standard operating procedure for this vendor?

kennymo
09-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Got some stuff from them last week. Got the verification e-mail and never heard a peep after that, but my package showed up four or five working days later. Well packaged as I’ve come to expect from them...

IIRC they used to send a shipping notification, but maybe they’ve changed their policy or maybe they’re swamped with orders.

RobertMcC
09-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Probably swamped with orders. Didn't they just have a 15% sale?

Doug_M
09-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Yeah I don't think there are many employees. Isn't it just a ma and pa shop (sorry Ryan, I'm sure you're not old enough to be an old "pa").

mikpen14
09-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Last time my turn around after ordering was quick, the time before that they were in the middle of a sale and it took a couple days!

FALover
09-29-2018, 02:07 PM
I waited a week once. They did get back to me and explained that the sales they have can take a bit of time to catch up with. Don't worry, your order will show up. To bad you did not live a bit closer to them. It's worth a few hours road trip to check out their new shop.

SFRC
09-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Ok, it’s working now.

We’re almost caught up from the sale. Drop me an email at [email protected] with your order number and I’ll check on it. We’re pretty caught up on emails and I don’t see any asking about orders that aren’t replied too.

TJSpeller
09-29-2018, 03:45 PM
I've had no problem with SFRC over many purchases. The shipping notices are usually off by a day or three. No big deal. I always enjoy it when the courier delivery person comes to my house asks "what do you have in there, it weighs a ton!".

Leonardj
09-29-2018, 04:19 PM
To everyone that responded, thank you.

Ok, it’s working now.

We’re almost caught up from the sale. Drop me an email at [email protected] with your order number and I’ll check on it. We’re pretty caught up on emails and I don’t see any asking about orders that aren’t replied too.

Sorry, but I wasn't aware that you had a sale ongoing, resulting in you being busier than usual.
I used your website "contact us" feature to send the message.
Now that I know the situation, I shall just wait for my order to arrive.
Thanks.

wai556
09-29-2018, 09:29 PM
As far as I know, they are the only one that will ship ammo via UPS, so they are my go to place for ammo order.
So far, I got my stuff within reasonable time so no complain from me.

Booletsnotreactwell
09-30-2018, 05:11 AM
Probably ordered like $20,000 worth of stuff from SFRC in the past 5 years, definitely a top notch outfit. Keep it real boys.

quest4justice
09-30-2018, 06:37 AM
I have ordered many times from them, and never any problems. Any delay is probably due to the recent 15% sale as indicated in an earlier post.

jwirecom109
09-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Op's request for contact from SFRC has been answered.

Thread is now closed.