PDA

View Full Version : Maxime Bernier response to C-71 vote

ponymusic
10-04-2018, 08:35 PM
I emailed Maxime Bernier, at several email addresses, asking why he did not attend the vote on C-71, thereby showing support for firearms owners, and this is the reply I received:

Dear Friend,

Thank you for voicing your concerns in regards to Bill C-71. Unfortunately, I was unable to be in the House of Commons for personal reasons while the vote on this bill was taking place. However, I would like to assure you that I would have voted against it if I had had the opportunity. I have always been opposed to new oppressive rules targeting law abiding gun owners and will continue to do so. If you want to know about my stance on firearms and other issues, please visit:

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_fair_gun_policy_for_canada

Let's continue working — together — to make Canada as strong as it can be.
Regards,

--
Team | Équipe
Maxime Bernier
People's Party of Canada | Parti populaire du Canada
DONATE | VOLUNTEER | BECOME A MEMBER
DONNEZ | BÉNÉVOLAT | DEVENEZ MEMBRE

Rory McCanuck
10-04-2018, 10:00 PM
'Personal reasons' being he was afraid of everyone laughing and calling him names, and not allowing him to play their political games.

CLW .45
10-04-2018, 10:07 PM
I have always been opposed to new oppressive rules targeting law abiding gun owners

Opposed to new oppressive rules just doesn’t cut it.

All oppressive rules must be repealed.

Doug_M
10-05-2018, 04:38 AM
"Let's continue working — together — to make Canada as strong as it can be."

Hmm. He didn't work together with his original party. He's not working together to defeat the Liberals.

RangeBob
10-05-2018, 04:47 AM
justin was right.
Conservatives are so divisive they split their own party.

Soph
10-05-2018, 09:25 AM
"Let's continue working — together — to make Canada as strong as it can be."

Hmm. He didn't work together with his original party. He's not working together to defeat the Liberals.

The Party apparatus screwing him over completely to embed Scheer may have been a factor in that. Granted, that's Canadian politics....it's as corrupt as the day is long. But these things are the result of that inherent corruption and deceit and can come back to bite you in the butt, as is the case here. Reap what one sows.

GTW
10-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Hey Max:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.