PDA

View Full Version : Free PAL renewal (worked for most but not all)

Drache
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Before your PAL expires call in and state you accidentally put your PAL through the washer and dryer and that it's ruined. Most have received new PAL's with brand new expiry dates (good for 5 more years). A few received PAL's though with the exact same Expiry date. Replacements are given free of charge.

BTW this is post #1234 for me :p

awndray
12-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't count on it. I recently did a legal name change, and the new card came in with the same expiry date.

Drache
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't count on it. I recently did a legal name change, and the new card came in with the same expiry date.

I'm in the same boat as you but others have done it on CGN and it has worked. That's what I said it doesn't always work.

lone-wolf
12-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Did you change your name to Max Power?

Frostback
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I paid the extortion fee for mine. Just received it today in the mail. 41 days start to finish. They got the PAL all correct, but instead of expiring in 2018 like the PAL, the ATT expires a year earlier. Clowns.

Frosty

I did the exact same thing...just send in the money and be done with it. They did the same thing with my last ATT...I didn't bother to deal with it for the past year. If they really think that a 40-somthing father of 2 autistic children heading to the range is a giant threat to society because of an expired piece of paper....well...they can put me in jail. After working for a living, uninterrupted for the past 20 something years, I know I could use the rest. The one they just sent me dies the same day as my new PAL

roughneck12
12-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Got my renewal form and there was no charge.

blacksmithden
12-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Got my renewal form and there was no charge.

If you've just got a PAL without the restricted endorsement, you're still in the free period. Here's hoping the dumb prohib 12(6) classification gets canned sooner or later....then I'll finally be able to buy a Derringer. :)