PDA

View Full Version : CPC Fundraising Email “This is an insult” - My Reply

CLW .45
11-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Here it is:

Ron,

You think that is an insult?

He is pushing bill C-71 through, banning thousands of rifles that are used for hunting and target shooting.

He plans to ban handguns, and tens of thousands more rifles.

As I wrote today to senators, the PM, Mr Scheer, and others:

“You must ask yourself what harm the use, carriage, and possession of firearms causes.

The answer is simple.

No harm at all, except for use to threaten or injure another.

Remove all firearms specific law and regulation, and threatening or injuring another is still forbidden.

Criminal law that proscribes benign behaviour is bad law.”

And yet, CPC seems to support criminalization of the use, carriage, and possession of firearms.

Support prohibition of firearms, ammunition, and devices.

Support the use of need to deny authorization, to carry and purchase handguns for defence of person, to qualified individuals.

That ought not to be.

Smc
11-28-2018, 03:51 PM
I didn’t get the original email

CLW .45
11-28-2018, 04:07 PM
I didn’t get the original email

There was an included video that I didn’t watch. Didn’t want to vomit on my iThingy if it included Selfie the Clown.

Justin Trudeau flew into Alberta last week, where he told Albertans that he feels their pain.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

This is coming from a Prime Minister that has done everything in his power to undermine our energy industry.

RangeBob
11-28-2018, 04:54 PM
Justin Trudeau flew into Alberta last week, where he told Albertans that he feels their pain.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

This is coming from a Prime Minister that has done everything in his power to undermine our energy industry.

That sounds a bit like Michelle Rempel's latest, although justin wasn't in that.

15 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s39NoxZ8Frs

CLW .45
11-28-2018, 05:00 PM
That sounds a bit like Michelle Rempel's latest

15 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s39NoxZ8Frs

It used Ron Liepert’s name.

He is MP for Calgary Signal Hill.

Billythreefeathers
11-29-2018, 11:55 AM
It used Ron Liepert’s name.

He is MP for Calgary Signal Hill.

He's my MP,, send me the CPC email cause I didn't get one

Justice
11-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Been saying for years the CPC are not our friends. Mulroney outright lied to get our votes in 1994. Harper, while he did exactly what he said he would when he closed the long gun registry, he also made it so the useless courses are mandatory regardless of experience. Nor did he curtail the abuses of unelected civil servants.
"...except for use to threaten or injure another..." That is NOT done by the law abiding.

CLW .45
12-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Just received a reply from Ron Liepert.

I share your concerns about the heavy handed approach taken by the Liberal government, with respect to law abiding firearms owners.

As you know, the longstanding position of the Conservative Party of Canada, and subsequently my position as well, is to protect the rights of legal gun owners who use their firearms for recreational or hunting purposes and to work to help avoid unnecessary red tape or regulation.

Crimes involving guns are committed by people who predominantly obtain they firearms outside of our system of regulation - and so we believe adding new measures of regulation to be ineffective in reducing crime. They instead just add extra burden to law abiding gun owners.

You can rest assured that the opposition is making these points known within the House of Commons on a near daily basis, and will continue to do so. However, simply making these points will not get the government to change its position. I strongly encourage you to contact your friends and family who live elsewhere in Canada, and are represented by a Liberal MP and ask them to speak with their MP on this matter.

Thank you again for writing,

CLW .45
12-01-2018, 04:10 PM
My response.

Mr Liepert,

“...protect the rights of legal gun owners who use their firearms for recreational or hunting purposes and to work to help avoid unnecessary red tape or regulation.”

That’s fine, as far as it goes.

However, Canadians have a right to life, liberty, and security of the person.

Unless they have guaranteed access to appropriate tools with which to defend the lives, liberty, and security of the persons they love, their rights are worth nothing.

That’s right, your right to life is worth nothing if you are disarmed.

Understand this, since 1978 when Trudeau senior pushed through C-51, the Liberals have been saying that their intent is to make Canada the first disarmed nation in the world.

C-71 supports that agenda, as does the proposed handgun/rifle ban being pushed by Trudeau the younger.

So does the requirement in sections 20 and 28 of the firearms act, requiring that a licenced and qualified individual demonstrate need in order to be authorized to carry or even purchase a handgun to defend the lives of their loved ones.

Canadians must not be made defenceless.

They do not have police to protect them.

Police response is measured in minutes, while death dealing attacks last mere seconds.

Finally, you should seriously consider the fact that there are only some two million licenced sport shooters in Canada.

There are approximately one and a half million sport shooters who refused to become licenced.

And there are approximately five million adults who, although they do not own firearms, want to have a handgun to protect their loved ones.

Have it now, or at such time as they decide they need it.

Those folk are finally being told that what they want really is a Canadian thing.

Told, in fact, that they have a right to arms that was recognized in common law prior to Magna Carta.

A right to arms that exists whether government recognizes it or not.

And those folk vote!

Thanks for your prompt response.

Billythreefeathers
12-01-2018, 06:35 PM
My response.

well said CLW,, going to borrow a few speaking points when I next meet Ron,, he normally has some kind of Christmas meet and greet (bring your cheque book) event