PDA

View Full Version : How do I transfer a RESTRICTED fire arm to a buyer

Billythreefeathers
01-30-2019, 05:25 AM
How do I transfer a RESTRICTED fire arm to a buyer

been a while since I have sold a restricted fire arm,, some one point me in the right direction and not the RCMP site,, been there and wasted lots of time

Tanks

SIR VEYOR
01-30-2019, 05:52 AM
He pays you.
You get his RPAL info.
You hold certificate in your hand.
You call, tell them you want to start a transfer
They ask for serial number and maybe other details (on certificate)
They give you a transfer number
You give that to buyer
He completes the transfer
Deliver item to happy buyer by person or Canada Post.
Signature required, insurance as per buyer request as it’s no longer yours at that point.

blacksmithden
01-30-2019, 08:29 AM
Just added a couple things. :)

He pays you.
You get his RPAL info.
You hold certificate in your hand.
You call, tell them you want to start a transfer
They ask for serial number and maybe other details (on certificate)
They give you a transfer number
You give that to buyer
He completes the transfer by calling into the firearms center, same as you did.
You wait to recieve a notice in the mail that the transfer has been approved
Deliver item to happy buyer by person or Canada Post.
Signature required, insurance as per buyer request as it’s no longer yours at that point.

SwissArmyMan
01-30-2019, 08:50 AM
What certificate is that?

FALover
01-30-2019, 08:58 AM

That little beige piece of paper the Miramichi folks send you with all the particulars of the restricted/prohibited firearm.

RobertMcC
01-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Just added a couple things. :)

Well you don't need to wait for them to mail the TAN. You can call and confirm. They will ask if I need a ATT and transfer me then.

Registration certificate. ( Yellow card )

Well you need to gather the buyer contact info ( phone/email.. Other then a username on a forum ) Name and PAL

Then you call 1800 731 4000, follow prompts 1 4 2.. English, transfer section, and continue.

You say you want to start a transfer, they will ask if you are the buyer or seller. They will ask your info, name, address, PAL # place of birth etc. Then which firearm you be transferring. So they will ask for the registration certificate number, make, model, serial number. And then the buyers name and PAL number..

They will give you a reference number to give to the buyer. They will call and confirm their info. Depending on the buyers province ( buyers province CFO approves ) call in a few days to check on it. Once complete you box it up good ( I use zip ties alot ) and call the CFO to get a short term ATT to take the restricted to the post office.

Naturally make sure everything is unloaded and no ammo to be shipped. Don't need to tell them what it is. Say no to dangerous good. You must ship by ground.. No xpresspost. And you need a signature required.

RangeBob
01-30-2019, 09:08 AM
Well you need to gather the buyer contact info ( phone/email.. Other then a username on a forum ) Name and PAL
And address.
The Canadian Firearms Program will want the buyer's PAL/Expiry, Name (as it appears on the PAL) and Address (the one the PAL is registered to). Maybe something else, but they'll want those four.

RangeBob
01-30-2019, 09:11 AM
You must ship by ground.. No xpresspost.

I thought that was only ammo.
That it was ok to ship firearms by the quickest means that Canada Post offered, that allowed for a signature required.

If there's something that says "adult" required, that's better. Otherwise you might end up in the newspaper with "child received gun, signed for it." as was in the papers earlier this year.

RobertMcC
01-30-2019, 09:24 AM
That it was ok to ship firearms by the quickest means that Canada Post offered, that allowed for a signature required.

If there's something that says "adult" required, that's better. Otherwise you might end up in the newspaper with "child received gun, signed for it." as was in the papers earlier this year.

Firearms too.

Firearms cannot be shipped via air and cannot have any markings on the outside of the packaging. The customer is solely responsible for meeting all Canadian Firearms Centre
regulations.

Service To Be Used
Consumer- Regular Parcel with Signature option.

Contract customer-Expedited Parcel with the Proof of Age (18 or 19) option using EST. Visit Section Mail addressed to children of Policies for an age of majority by province or territory listing.

Dewey Cox
01-30-2019, 11:25 AM
So, both sides have to call in separately?
What if you're in the same room?

Grimlock
01-30-2019, 12:54 PM
You can hand the phone over. But they want to talk to them too.

RobertMcC
01-30-2019, 01:10 PM
So, both sides have to call in separately?
What if you're in the same room?

Hand them the phone.

When I bought my Glock 34 from a person.. I was shocked to see a Air Canada decal on it.

SwissArmyMan
01-30-2019, 04:01 PM
Can someone type this up neatly & make it a sticky?? This might help me in the future...

Thx

greywolf67nt
01-30-2019, 09:48 PM
And address.
The Canadian Firearms Program will want the buyer's PAL/Expiry, Name (as it appears on the PAL) and Address (the one the PAL is registered to). Maybe something else, but they'll want those four.

I have never had them ask me for the buyers address or expiry date.
They have asked for phone number which I DO NOT give them. "We just communicate by email"

Billythreefeathers
03-25-2019, 09:33 AM
well that's got to be a liberal employment scheem,,

nothing was do in person that count not have been done ONLINE

and about a 20 min wait, with the stupidest shit I have ever heard "remember to unload your gun when not in use" and we're here to help

Purdom234
03-25-2019, 03:55 PM
Great thread, I have all the same questions. Thanks!