PDA

View Full Version : Birchwood Casey limited supplies

jwirecom109
12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
So from what i read they stopped shipping to Canada for some "hazardous material reason", as of Nov 11, 2011

Anyways I just spent the last 4 hours traveling around calgary and shopping online for it, and finally found a small shop out of BC that had some.

If any dealers are listening, might be an idea to try and get some in Canada again

blacksmithden
12-19-2012, 06:13 PM
So from what i read they stopped shipping to Canada for some "hazardous material reason", as of Nov 11, 2011

Anyways I just spent the last 4 hours traveling around calgary and shopping online for it, and finally found a small shop out of BC that had some.

If any dealers are listening, might be an idea to try and get some in Canada again

Since I'm not going to do 4 hours of research looking for what you're talking about...and I don't know what you're talking about....link ?? :D

jwirecom109
12-19-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/

Woundlicker
12-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I got some tru-oil spray cans at TSE about a month ago.

Haywire1
12-19-2012, 11:03 PM
saw tru-oil in crappy tire tonight...

Rory McCanuck
12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Pretty sure I saw a bunch of their stuff at NoSale Sports, maybe Cabela's.
It is around, what did you need?

jwirecom109
12-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I needed tru-oil, i got some out of BC in a small shop i had never seen before looking for it.

But when I was in Wholesale sports they told me flat out that wouldn't be anymore coming in.
Lee Valley tools also told me that because of shipping label restrictions they can't bring it into Canada anymore (I guess its consider a hazardous item)
So If there is some out there it might be the last bit.

edit ** found this letter**

Thank you for your inquiry.

Birchwood Casey halted all chemical shipments to Canada back in November of 2011. The changes in the Canadian government consumer products safety act is what prompted this decision. Whatever chemicals that were in stores, gun shops and distributers were still able to be sold. I do believe that whatever stock there was, it has all been bought up by the Canadian consumers.

We have been working with the Canadian compliance department, and we are getting ready to start shipping 5 items back to Canada starting mid-month.

** We have been given the OK to ship the following 5 products back to Canada. (November)
#13489 Super Blue| #13189 Perma Blue | #23189 Tru-Oil | #44289 Synthetic Gun Oil and #13488 Super Blue 32oz.
The Perma Blue will only be available in 3 oz. bottles – Super Blue in 3 & 32oz.
The 3oz bottle of Tru-Oil will be the only wood working product we will be shipping to Canada.
We will not be shipping the Gun Stock Wax.

We don't ship chemicals to residential addresses in Canada. Once we do ship again, it will be to our distributers and retailers only.
As far as finding Birchwood Casey chemicals now, the only place to purchase/find it is in the US.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
Thank you,

Sandy Ellertson | Birchwood Casey
Customer Service | Sporting Goods
7900 Fuller Road | Eden Prairie MN 55344

seems this email was send to the emailer last month so some of its coming across the boarder in small supplies

Jim
12-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Wholesale SPorts always seems to carry it.

blacksmithden
12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm going out wandering tomorrow. I'll see what WSS here in Edmonton has. I know I've seen it there in the past. I don't know about Lee Valley, but I wouldn't trust the staff at WSS to get it right if they had a note from God himself.

FlyingHigh
12-28-2012, 03:14 PM
The WSS in Langley BC has a full aisle of cleaning supplies, many of them Birchwood Casey. Biggest selection of cleaning supplies I've seen in a WSS in a long time.

Phil of P&D
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I spoke directly to Birchwood Casey at a distributor show in the US last month and they adivised me theat only a couple of their products were deemed legal to export to Canada therefor it was not reasonable to try to bring them in. These products would need to be certified and then receive proper labeling for Canada. They did not sound like it would happen any time soon. Of course their targets are OK to import. Phil.

stevesummit
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Their targets are not as good as mine tho he he