PDA

View Full Version : BCWF speaks to The Senate on C71

Foxton Gundogs
04-02-2019, 09:37 PM
I received the following Email from Chuck Zuckerman BCWF Region 2 President, Provincial Sport Shooting Chair and . Have a watch and see what you think

Good Day -

I am glad the BCWF is getting more pro-active (Patagonia pressure, etc.).
Each time our voice is heard echoing the frustrations and concerns of our members is encouraging.

In a small way I helped when yesterday I testified before the Senate on Bill C-71. It went very well.

You can see the session here:

Click on this address and be patient

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20190401/-1/8730?useragent=Mozilla/5.0%20(Macintosh;%20Intel%20Mac%20OS%20X%2010_9_5) %20AppleWebKit/537.36%20(KHTML,%20like%20Gecko)%20Chrome/67.0.3396.87%20Safari/537.36

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the left hand side and slide the cursor to 13:18:00 which is the time the Senate reconvened to hear my testimony.
It lasts approximately 50 minutes.

In Conservation and Responsible Firearm Use

LB303
04-03-2019, 12:43 AM
fast forward to 15:06:00 when you're done with that. The fail is just astounding.

MarkR
04-04-2019, 10:36 AM
I wish I thought that some of this might have an effect; I am not so sure.

GTW
04-04-2019, 11:22 AM
I wish I thought that some of this might have an effect; I am not so sure.

That's the sick feeling in my gut too. The Liberal dominated Senate will pass this without blinking an eye or focusing on factual based evidence, because they're Liberals, and cut the crap about "Independent Senators Group". If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...... Damn you, Harper for leaving the void of seats just to be filled by Trudeau with his hand picked cronies.
But, if nothing else, I've sent lots of correspondence to Senators and MP's, contributed to our Gun Orgs, talked to gunnies and non-gunnies, joined 3 gun clubs/ranges to support them $$$-wise and have become politically active in the CPC and our EDA.

Lee Enfield
04-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Just spoke with Senator Bev Busson, She called my cell earlier but I was unable to answer so she left a message she would call me back and she did.

We had a great conversation, respectful and she is a excellent listener. The bottom line she told me she understood from our conversation that I as a honest gun owner believe I am being targeted and I agreed.

We talked about the ATT proposal and she understood it might be onerous and really not effective.

I did mention it was interesting that Bill Blair was thought to be a great witness on C71 but hadn't he broken the law when he ordered the kettling of protesters in Toronto?

We had a discussion on how difficult it was to convert as SA to FA and that I believe the RCMP should not be given the authority to classify firearms. Also told her I though firearms legislation had driven a wedge between LE and firearms owners. She asked why I thought that and I mentioned High River.

Overall she was more than engaging and I believe we both left with a good understanding.

RangeBob
04-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Also told her I though firearms legislation had driven a wedge between LE and firearms owners.

10. “It bothers me that the public would not support me in my line of duty. We’ve never been at odds with the public before. This issue has done this.”
Source: Quote by Grant Obst, President of the Canadian Police Association - Western Canadian Firearms Summit in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – March 10, 2001, re Firearms Act

Foxton Gundogs
04-05-2019, 05:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiVKlnHK_Pc&feature=youtu.be

BC Wildlife Federation provides Testimony on Bill C-71

Firearms Committee Chair Chuck Zuckerman presented to the Senate Standing Committee on National Security and Defence on April 1st, 2019. He gave a testimony ...

www.youtube.com