PDA

View Full Version : Remingtons New Model 783

Mumbles Marble Mouth
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh593/NoBark/Remington-Model-783-Bolt-Action-Rifle_zps58545db4.png

It was only a few days ago that Remington posted on their web site a teaser photo with the message saying, "A new rifle developed by the masterminds who brought you the model 700 COMING SOON" The photo was a target with a sub moa grouping. Remington has now announced that there new rifle is the Remington Model 783. The key features for their sleek, closed top, new rifle is a new CrossFire trigger system, Carbon steel magnum contour button rifled barrel, and a duel pillar bedding platform.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh593/NoBark/Remington_783_bolt_zpsc48330d5.jpg

The 783 is claimed to have "Custom rifle accuracy” combined with 50 years of research and technology to build from scratch, a hunting rifle that virtually any hunter can afford. The dual-pillar bedding platform is a "true performance-enhancer" ensuring the precision button-rifled barrel is free floating. The trigger is what Remington calls there new CrossFire trigger. The trigger is user adjustable that comes from the factory set at 3.5lbs but can be adjusted anywhere from 2.5 - 5lbs. Though the new 783 is actually an old idea, I look forward to see how well it stacks up against other low cost budget hunting rifles in the near future.

For more information visit www.remington.com

Artical by: Mumbles Marble Mouth
Prictures provided by: Remington

jwirecom109
01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Interesting i hope its a decent price and good quailty

Satain
01-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Hmm...
Savage meets the 788?
The trigger guard reminds me of the new Versa Max. But the bolt knob has to go.

Prairie Dog
01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Remington Axis? ....and you're right about the bolt 'tab'.

Camo tung
01-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Yep, bolt "tab" looks like a Rolaid to me. Maybe the rest of the design is solid this time.
First budget rifle I handled was a 770....ugh. Hopefully this isn't from the same group of "masterminds".

JustBen
01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Starting at $451.00 (MSRP)

OVERVIEW:

Custom-grade accuracy is now within reach of virtually every hunter. Using the expertise that's dominated bolt-action technology for more than 50 years, the engineering team started from scratch and combined their most advanced, accuracy-enhancing features to create an all-new platform. This sleek, hardworking tack-driver is even built differently.

Crafted in our newest manufacturing facility using proprietary methods that create the tightest tolerances from rifle to rifle, by the most efficient means possible. Perhaps the first thing you'll notice are the striking lines of the new stock design. Inside, it's a true performance-enhancer, with a dual-pillar bedding platform that free-floats the barrel for the ultimate in shot-to-shot consistency. Also helping deliver those inherently tight groups is a precision button-rifled barrel. For shot control, it's equipped with the crisp new CrossFire™ trigger system that's user adjustable to suit your preferences. Like with all Remington bolt actions, expect a lifetime of rock-solid reliability. From the next generation in a legendary bloodline.

KEY FEATURES:

-New CrossFire™ trigger system, factory set at 3 1/2 lbs. and user adjustable from 2 1/2 to 5 lbs.
-Carbon steel magnum contour button rifled barrel
-22" standard chamberings and 24" on magnums
-Pillar-bedded stock and free-floated barrel
-SuperCell™ Recoil Pad
-Model 783 accepts two Model 700™ front bases

Might be interesting.

lone-wolf
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I think it looks ugly, but if it shoots, it shoots.

superbrad
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Why on earth would they make it a closed top?..... just asking for reliability issues..... I'll stick to my 700 and keep my 799 thanks....

M.T. Chambers
03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
The theory behing the "closed top" is to stiffen the receiver for better accuracy, they all seem to be going to it, must be less expensive to make.....this is a non-starter for me as I like more access to the chamber, and nice wood stocks. For me a rifle must be accurate and look nice or no deal.

Strewth
03-20-2013, 11:45 PM
For me a rifle must be accurate and look nice or no deal.

Picky picky:)

JustBen
03-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Has anyone seen these yet? Are they even available in Canada at this time?