PDA

View Full Version : ***WINNER**** Gun Owners of Canada's "I need a Upgrade BADLY !!! Contest!!"

jwirecom109
01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Gun Owners of Canada Presents the;

I need a Upgrade BADLY !!! Contest!!

Sponsored by

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh-QhErZcu73AGf0QFl8rAhtg4b3VLP235HQ6ZxKL4q6Da2loSE24-Mu5h (http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/)

and

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c2.0.177.177/s160x160/226660_160878187308448_5923547_a.jpg (http://www.armtac.com/)

Here's the Deal!!

Show us the Reason why you need to upgrade that AR-15 Style stock!! and we might just do it ;)

From Jan 11, 2013 to Jan 18, 2013 GOC members will be able to post the reason why they need to upgrade their AR-15 Style stocks.

On Jan 19, 2013 we will judge all entries and the Top reason will get an upgrade.

Questions? and standard stuff

-No it doesn't have to be an AR 15, but it has to use an AR -15 style stock.

-All registered members are entitled to 1 entry regardless of referrals, post counts etc. (duplicate entries, accounts, etc will be removed)

-Standard rules of the forum Apply (so tasteful pictures people)

-Standard members can apply (sorry no dealers, or moderators <- going to hear about that one lol )

The Prize????

Oh yeah the prize I guess I should tell you what you could win!

Vltor IMOD: Improved Modstock Clubfoot in Tan or Black (winners choice of color)

http://www.armtac.com/product/vltor-imod-improved-modstock-clubfoot/

http://www.armtac.com/uploaded/thumbnails/db_file_img_70_900xauto.jpg

New for 2010, the introduction of the Improved Modstock, appropriately named the “IMod”. Since 2002, the original Modstock has become well known and respected by Military, Law-Enforcement and sports shooters worldwide. Even though the Modstock is considered the best on the market, Vltor believed it was time for improvements. The improvements are subtle but necessary. Feedback from end users will make the IMod the choice over the competition.

When compared to the original Modstock, the IMod series is now available to fit either the Milspec or Commercial diameter receiver extension/buffer tube. Unfortunately, the IMod will not fit both receiver extensions, so when ordering, pick the correct item and part number.

Like all Vltor stocks, the IMod is available in the three most popular colors; Black, Flat Dark Earth (tan) and Foliage Green. As with the original Modstocks, the IMod is offered in the conventional, “Standard” configuration and the unconventional, “Clubfoot” configuration. Even though the Standard model is the most well-known model amongst the shooting public, the Clubfoot version is a hybrid model that bridges the gap between tactical and prone shooting positions. In other words, the Clubfoot portion of the stock allows the shooter, with his/her off hand, to support the stock and to control the rear of the weapon, while shooting in prone or rested position.

The improvements of the IMod are as follows: Integral, but removable non-slip buttpad (color matched to stock components)

Rolled/angled buttpad toe with wide traction area. This will assist in running the stock high on shoulder, making the IMod system more user friendly when using web-gear and/or body armor.
Improved lock paddle, making it easier to operate and making the contact surface non-slip when operating the lever.
Removed most sharp edges that may cause “snag points” to web-gear or other vital equipment.
Improved strength throughout construction of the stock chassis. This will provide maximum strength during “Mortaring exercise” or unexpected impact.
Integral, but removable non-slip buttpad (color matched to stock components)

The 3 judges have reviewed all posts and chosen a winner!!
Our Winner is Bolivar

Thank you to all three of our judges.

stevesummit
01-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Another great give away. When will the madness stop Or is the saying "I'd buy that for a dollar"

Mass-effect
01-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Where do we apply? Right here? Id like to be considered because im too poor to buy this and anything else for myself. As the thankless father of a household, i spend my time money and energy on things for my family. (worth it) However, It would be nice if somebody spoiled me like i try to them :) Im no Blanche Dubois, relying on the kindness of strangers, but sometimes im pleasantly surprised by the kindness of strangers :)

jwirecom109
01-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Post em right here boys and girls :D

jrcbecher
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
My AR 15 is a plain Jane would like to start moding it a little but have had two knees replaced in the last year so money is tight .Thanks for a great site and the give away just makes it better .In these crazy times its nice to visit GOC and get to spend time and unwind from the crazy world out there talking and reading some great story's and interesting views from fellow gun owners.

riderrick
01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
first ar platform.....bought a beowulf upper, buying atrs lower, have no stock so definately need to upgrade

Drache
01-11-2013, 08:18 PM
My AR has an Ace Skeleton Stock which I REALLY don't like. Now since this VLTOR stock is Mil-spec it means I need to change my whole buffer tube which I'd be willing to do! And If I get this VLTOR stock I'll gladly have a small give away on the Ace Skeleton Stock along with the commercial tube setup! :D

Or if I get this stock I will buy a whole new lower that has a mil-spec tube and give away my SGW lower, tube, and skeleton stock!

awndray
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
This would be a nice upgrade to a short barrelled Grizzly with the right adapter.

3MTA3
01-12-2013, 05:38 AM
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t412/sluggo_m14/NationalMatchAR_zpsafe78cbd.jpg

I bought this National Ordinance & Rifle Company (NORC) AR off the Equipment Exchange over on the "nasty" forum. The OP advertised it as a "National match" style with custom walnut stock and many upgrades, including a precision match trigger. He indicated to me that this was his personal weapon used in the operation to eliminate Osama Bin Laden as a active SEAL. As beautiful as this rifle is, I can't seem to hit crap with it. I don't want to sink any more money into this project as I am currently working on improving 1000yd accuracy of my F class SKS. A new stock would go a long way towards helping me improve my shooting with this historic rifle.

Bolivar
01-12-2013, 05:50 AM
I need an upgrade because my CTR went kaboom the last time I was at the range. As you can see from the pictures, she is well and truly broken.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/CTR%20broken/Springwater-20121230-00623_zps45db5418.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/CTR%20broken/Springwater-20121230-00622_zps62f158e9.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/CTR%20broken/Springwater-20121230-00621_zpsaad20406.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/CTR%20broken/Springwater-20121230-00620_zps50bbaed8.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/CTR%20broken/Springwater-20121230-00619_zps38f37f83.jpg

This is what I am left with. So sad
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/CTR%20broken/Springwater-20121230-00624_zps896b1e92.jpg

I sure could use a replacement commercial sized butt stock in Foliage Green to match the rest of the add on furniture. :)

3MTA3
01-12-2013, 06:38 AM
I need an upgrade because my CTR went kaboom the last time I was at the range. As you can see from the pictures, she is well and truly broken.
:)

Would you be willing to part with that item for the right price?

Bolivar
01-12-2013, 10:12 AM
The broken CTR? Send me a PM

3MTA3
01-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Just kidding- I thought it might go good with my " Walnut" AR.

Canuck
01-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Not to sidetrack a very cool contest, I would really like to know how you broke that CTR stock!! You can send a PM if you don't want to post it here.

Forbes/Hutton
01-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm tempted to enter on the basis of my sad story that I haven't been able to get to the range (or anywhere else) since May (for the range), August for everywhere else due to a herninated lumbar disk causing sciatica pain from the toes to the knee, which caused guarding craps from the knee to the waist. Had surgery on December 5th and the sciatica and crapping was gone right away, the last couple of weeks have been spent getting used to the stitches and muscles that were poked and pushed during the surgery and having all the muscles in both legs re-learning to do there jobs again and together (nothing major, it was a vast improvement when I came out of the OR, just a little weak and unbalanced). I'm back to about 95% now, the last of the stitches hasn't dissolved yet and is still pulling at the skin/scar.
Anyways, I figure pictures of my back could win me the stock and if that wouldn't do it I'd have to go into the weird feelings of having my ass shaved to allow the bandages to stick, to problem is they left lots of stubble that grabs at any fabric "back there".
But I'll spare you all.

BrotherRockeye
01-12-2013, 05:24 PM
y'know this is just the sort of thing that could push me over the edge and get me to buy that AR I've been thinking about...thanks alot..!

edit:

the contest...not F/H's shaved arse...

Canuck
01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm tempted to enter on the basis of my sad story that I haven't been able to get to the range (or anywhere else) since May (for the range), August for everywhere else due to a herninated lumbar disk causing sciatica pain from the toes to the knee, which caused guarding craps from the knee to the waist. Had surgery on December 5th and the sciatica and crapping was gone right away, the last couple of weeks have been spent getting used to the stitches and muscles that were poked and pushed during the surgery and having all the muscles in both legs re-learning to do there jobs again and together (nothing major, it was a vast improvement when I came out of the OR, just a little weak and unbalanced). I'm back to about 95% now, the last of the stitches hasn't dissolved yet and is still pulling at the skin/scar.
Anyways, I figure pictures of my back could win me the stock and if that wouldn't do it I'd have to go into the weird feelings of having my ass shaved to allow the bandages to stick, to problem is they left lots of stubble that grabs at any fabric "back there".
But I'll spare you all.

Big a$$ thank you from all of us for that. Jeebus, sorry to hear about your operation. Glad it's getting better. I think we should all chip in and buy you the stock if you don't win. Don't know if I could go that long w/o some range time.

Forbes/Hutton
01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Big a$$ thank you from all of us for that. Jeebus, sorry to hear about your operation. Glad it's getting better. I think we should all chip in and buy you the stock if you don't win. Don't know if I could go that long w/o some range time.

It's all good.;)

After all that misery for that long I'm happy now, and it's not easy to knock me out of a good mood (work's trying).

I got to the range January 2nd and did my re-qualification for work, despite being stiff from the stitches and itching, I got by with a 97.4%. 85% is a pass.

Right now the closest to a AR I have is a Mossberg Tactical. The spring will bring a AR or a Kel-Tec SU-16, haven't decided yet.

To the eventual winner: congrats and enjoy you lucky SOB.

To the sponsors (GOC and Armtac), nice work, it's a great way to promote the site and the sport.

Bolivar
01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Just kidding- I thought it might go good with my " Walnut" AR.

Hey, it does come with some pretty cool stickers which is added value. It's gotta be worth something. LOL.

JustBen
01-14-2013, 10:02 AM
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af339/bld326/c78adfdc.jpg

My Magpul MOE stock is fine and dandy, and a definite improvement over the fixed stock that the SR-22 came with, but I find myself wanting more. Because this is my tactifool gopher gun, I'm looking for a stock that will feel more at home in the prone position. The modstock seems better set up for shooting with a rear bag.

ScarceChalice9
01-14-2013, 03:34 PM
"I need an upgrade BADLY" cos....

My AR project has hit a wall. I have a nice matched upper/lower, but the project is now on hold as I have changed jobs. Now doing something waay cooler, with guns, but at less money. The plus side is there are lots of "AR-heads" who take great delight in showing off their pride n joys.
I NEED the black stock so I can cock-wave with the best of them.

Also, it is a somewhat larger butt-stock than the slimmer Magpul MOEs.... and I cannot tell a lie- I like big butts.... ;)

andrew357
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
if i won it would give me a good reason to buy a new ar-15

Brokenplay
01-15-2013, 12:20 AM
I am not in on this contest, as I already have this stock....and love it! Whomever wins it, will enjoy it for a long time! Good Luck to all!

westislandrifle
01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
my ar15 has a a2 style stock on it and it a bit too long for my girlfriend to shoot ans we all know. if the girlfriend or wife likes to shoot that mean you can shoot more i would like to upgrade my stock for an ajustable so my girlfriend and my self can both shoot the rifle comfortably thank you

MadMarty911
01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
I own a JR carbine that has all aftermarket goodies ie. YHM handguard, Ergo Grip, Magpul AFG etc. The only thing that needs doing that I cannot afford to do is the plain jane factory buttstock :(

jwirecom109
01-18-2013, 07:53 AM
This will be Closed up at 5:00 PM MST and all entries will be sent for judging.

jt_trouble
01-18-2013, 08:14 AM
My excuse for needing a new stock ....

GOC ROCKS!!

That an I sold my stock off my SR22 and now I need a new one and no one in Canada sells the right color Magpul Koolaid .... and this would look great on my build with a nice GOC sticker on it!

mlehto
01-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Bump...........

C'mon guys!

Get those entries in already, before it's too late.

This is one I wish I could get in on. I here good things about this stock.

Garetsu
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
I desperately need a upgrade because it would really help out my AR project. Here's what I have so far:

(Hint: it's nothing) :-P

Bolivar
01-18-2013, 06:10 PM
GOC is getting a mention on tonight's (I hope tonight anyway) recording of Canadian Service Conditions Radio. Complete with crossed fingers.

jwirecom109
01-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Looking forward to it

jwirecom109
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Contest is now closed for judging

jwirecom109
01-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I have tallied the scores from the 3 judges that volunteered.

Bolivar is our winner, although it was close with several other posts.

Bolivar you have the the choice of Tan or Black.

Strewth
01-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Congrats! It certainly looks like you need it! Another great GOC contest.

Bolivar
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Woot!

Drache
01-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Congrats

stevesummit
01-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Couldn't have went to a nicer guy

3MTA3
01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
:mad:

JustBen
01-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah, that would have been my vote too! Congrats!

Garetsu
01-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Congrats! Now don't blow this one up, too :-P

blaxsun
01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
How the heck did you destroy your CTR?!

bradofcanada
01-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Congratulations Bolivar

Bolivar
01-20-2013, 09:37 AM
How the heck did you destroy your CTR?!

Oh yeah, I was supposed to talk about that. Basically I mortared the rifle to deal with a hard extraction. I didn't collapse it first but I also didn't bump it very hard. One strike and kaboom (well okay not really kaboom but you get the idea from the pictures).

I will definately never mortar a stock that isn't collapsed again regardless of the manufacturer. Looking forward to getting my new one on. There will be a review on the show once that happens. Gotta get a milspec buffer tube first though.

SPRTN308
01-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, I was supposed to talk about that. Basically I mortared the rifle to deal with a hard extraction. I didn't collapse it first but I also didn't bump it very hard. One strike and kaboom (well okay not really kaboom but you get the idea from the pictures).

I will definately never mortar a stock that isn't collapsed again regardless of the manufacturer. Looking forward to getting my new one on. There will be a review on the show once that happens. Gotta get a milspec buffer tube first though.

Sounds like you might be in a position to pay it forward then with the poor mans donated AR build were trying to do for Matthew as announced at the end of episode 141 then..... He still needs a buffer tube....

blaxsun
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Hehe, that'll do it. I found a rubber mallet on the charging handle works excellent, and it's not as hard on the stock (or your fingers). ;)

SPRTN308
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Hehe, that'll do it. I found a rubber mallet on the charging handle works excellent, and it's not as hard on the stock (or your fingers). ;)

He knows all about the holy hammer. I think what he's not telling us is that it was the result of a testosterone driven "hey, watch this, I'll just fix it right now like this" moment....

blaxsun
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
He knows all about the holy hammer. I think what he's not telling us is that it was the result of a testosterone driven "hey, watch this, I'll just fix it right now like this" moment....

lol. Too bad we don't have video... ;)

Bolivar
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Sounds like you might be in a position to pay it forward then with the poor mans donated AR build were trying to do for Matthew as announced at the end of episode 141 then..... He still needs a buffer tube....

The thought had occurred to me.

Bolivar
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM

In the course of a match there ain't time for a friggin' hammer. One of the reasons I have an A2 stock on my other AR.

Bolivar
01-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Update - I got the stock today and just finished mounting it. I like it quite a bit. It does not lock in place tightly like my old CTR did, but man it cheek space is so huge it feels like I am laying my head on a pillow. Looks like the little Norc is going to run in some CQB matches this year after all. I gotta shoot that stock in competition.

Thanks ARMTAC and GOC.

jwirecom109
01-29-2013, 06:30 PM
PICTURES!!!

Bolivar
01-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Yeah, right, pictures

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/DSC02964_zpsb7a78a49.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/DSC02965_zps9374dd61.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu314/Bolivar9611/DSC02966_zps1a77db1c.jpg

There are are couple more of the butt stock by itself over on the show FB page. Just search Canadian Service Conditions Radio and you will find them.
We will be talking a bit about the stock on this episode with a range report to follow at some point, pending weather and schedule.

cigarbufff
01-31-2013, 06:37 PM
what brake are you running Bryan?

Bolivar
02-01-2013, 10:36 PM
NEA Hybrid. I used to run a gill style but the lateral blast was too much for modified prone. I don't have that problem with this one. I doesn't actually break as well as my old one but at least I don't obscure my vision and scratch the objective lens on my optic now.