PDA

View Full Version : Unboxing/Review Nitecore MT26

cigarbufff
01-16-2013, 01:18 AM
Whats up peeps! just got this bad boy in last week...check it out...if you like what you see go over to the channel and sub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUIJqFvHL3A

blacksmithden
01-16-2013, 01:34 AM
I can't figure out why there are so many different ratings on these lights....well...besides BS marketing junk. There's 3 common CREE L.E.D. modules out there right now that people are using in higher powered L.E.D. flashlights. The Q5, which I don't know the exact specs on. The T6, which I've seen rated anywhere from 600 lumens to 1300 lumens...and the U2, which I've seen rated as high as 2000 lumens...which is a complete crock of crap. I'll just stick with what CREE (the manufacturer of the actual LED module) rates their own stuff at. The T6 is rated at a maximum of 975 lumens output, and the latest and greatest is the U2, which is rated at 1040 lumens maximum output. I suppose Nitecore could be down rating the light due to a lower voltage from the CR123 batteries ? I honestly don't know what they're rated for, and I'm too lazy to look right now. I'm sticking with the rechargable 18650 lithium ion ones. Fully charged, they're 3.7 volts each.

Edit: Ok...curiousity got the best of me. The 123 lithium batteries are rated at 3.0volts and the rechargeables are rated at 3.6volts. Probably not enough of a difference to make a difference. Hummm...more investigating required.

Edit again: As it turns out, both the T6 and U2 L.E.D emitters are rated at a maximum of 4 volts....so, this leads me to believe that using 18650's or CR123's will no drive these to their full potential. Hummmm....time to see if my ham radio power supply will go down to 4.0volts so I can force one of these guys into it's max output to see if there's a noticeable difference in output. Nitecore might be the first company I've seen that's actually rating these things at their ACTUAL output.

(Oh..and yes, I'm a flashlight geek :D )

How's the heat buildup/dissipation on that light when it's left at full throttle for 5 straight minutes ?

Here's a picture and specs on the latest and greatest U2 emitter on the copper PCB just in case you were interested cigarbufff. This is what should be in yours.

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Cree/CREE-XM-Serie/CREE-XM-L-U2-on-Copper-PCB-LT-1790_120_170.html

cigarbufff
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I can't figure out why there are so many different ratings on these lights....well...besides BS marketing junk. There's 3 common CREE L.E.D. modules out there right now that people are using in higher powered L.E.D. flashlights. The Q5, which I don't know the exact specs on. The T6, which I've seen rated anywhere from 600 lumens to 1300 lumens...and the U2, which I've seen rated as high as 2000 lumens...which is a complete crock of crap. I'll just stick with what CREE (the manufacturer of the actual LED module) rates their own stuff at. The T6 is rated at a maximum of 975 lumens output, and the latest and greatest is the U2, which is rated at 1040 lumens maximum output. I suppose Nitecore could be down rating the light due to a lower voltage from the CR123 batteries ? I honestly don't know what they're rated for, and I'm too lazy to look right now. I'm sticking with the rechargable 18650 lithium ion ones. Fully charged, they're 3.7 volts each.

Edit: Ok...curiousity got the best of me. The 123 lithium batteries are rated at 3.0volts and the rechargeables are rated at 3.6volts. Probably not enough of a difference to make a difference. Hummm...more investigating required.

Edit again: As it turns out, both the T6 and U2 L.E.D emitters are rated at a maximum of 4 volts....so, this leads me to believe that using 18650's or CR123's will no drive these to their full potential. Hummmm....time to see if my ham radio power supply will go down to 4.0volts so I can force one of these guys into it's max output to see if there's a noticeable difference in output. Nitecore might be the first company I've seen that's actually rating these things at their ACTUAL output.

(Oh..and yes, I'm a flashlight geek :D )

How's the heat buildup/dissipation on that light when it's left at full throttle for 5 straight minutes ?

Here's a picture and specs on the latest and greatest U2 emitter on the copper PCB just in case you were interested cigarbufff. This is what should be in yours.

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Cree/CREE-XM-Serie/CREE-XM-L-U2-on-Copper-PCB-LT-1790_120_170.html

I hear what your saying...Im a flashlight geek as well...as for the heat disspation its ok...still gets hot..but not like super super hot.
Thanks for the feedback

Drache
01-16-2013, 01:55 PM

I burned out two surefire flashlights using rechargable 123 batteries.

Satain
01-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Oh snap!
I want!

cigarbufff
01-16-2013, 11:33 PM
I burned out two surefire flashlights using rechargable 123 batteries.
rechargeable 123s are a joke ur right.

Oh snap!
I want!
Its a great light