PDA

View Full Version : Nikon discontinuing all rifle scopes?

lone-wolf
11-19-2019, 01:53 PM
New facebook rumour is a dealer in the US is claiming that nikon's next shipment of rifle scopes will be their last.

Camo tung
11-19-2019, 02:10 PM
Heard the same thing...last year. Then it was a supposed discontinuation of the Prostaff line, then it was only the Series 3. I consider the speculation to be every bit as valid as Greta's wailings, or a certain Nigerian's Prince's email.

Stew
11-19-2019, 02:18 PM
sounds like marketing

Drache
11-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Nikon is Exiting the Rifle Scope Business

One of our intrepid readers who’s in the retail end of the gun business told us of notification he received from one of his distributors. They were letting him know that Nikon will be exiting the rifle scope business and that once current inventory is gone, it’s gone.

TTAG spoke to Nikon’s advertising agency who confirmed the news. We’re told that this is a business decision Nikon has made based on their position in the highly competitive optics market.

Nikon isn’t getting out of the outdoor optics business, though. The good news is they will continue to produce their excellent spotting scopes, rangefinders and binoculars.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nikon-is-exiting-the-rifle-scope-business/

lone-wolf
11-19-2019, 02:28 PM
damn

Camo tung
11-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Nikon is Exiting the Rifle Scope Business

One of our intrepid readers who’s in the retail end of the gun business told us of notification he received from one of his distributors. They were letting him know that Nikon will be exiting the rifle scope business and that once current inventory is gone, it’s gone.

TTAG spoke to Nikon’s advertising agency who confirmed the news. We’re told that this is a business decision Nikon has made based on their position in the highly competitive optics market.

Nikon isn’t getting out of the outdoor optics business, though. The good news is they will continue to produce their excellent spotting scopes, rangefinders and binoculars.

That statement contradicts itself though, the highly competitive optics market includes the spotting scope and binocular market. I hope they're not betting the farm on camera lenses, smart phones are becoming better cameras with every release.

Drache
11-19-2019, 02:43 PM
That statement contradicts itself though, the highly competitive optics market includes the spotting scope and binocular market. I hope they're not betting the farm on camera lenses, smart phones are becoming better cameras with every release.

My guess is they want to distance themselves from the gun community.

Camo tung
11-19-2019, 02:44 PM
My guess is they want to distance themselves from the gun community.

That is 100% believable. #cancelculture strikes again.

Waterloomike
11-19-2019, 03:32 PM
Class IV is supposed to be gone, too.

Rory McCanuck
11-19-2019, 04:30 PM
Of course, just because I've found a scope I like, they discontinue the whole line.
Same as everything else, find something you like, buy every single one you can find, they won't be around much longer.

Drache
11-19-2019, 04:43 PM
Of course, just because I've found a scope I like, they discontinue the whole line.
Same as everything else, find something you like, buy every single one you can find, they won't be around much longer.

IF they continue with their warranty on their rifle scopes. If not the sadly I'd stay away.

srdiver
11-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Drache
11-19-2019, 06:38 PM

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php/58194-Nikon-discontinuing-all-rifle-scopes?p=743162&viewfull=1#post743162

:p

Rory McCanuck
11-19-2019, 06:54 PM
IF they continue with their warranty on their rifle scopes. If not the sadly I'd stay away.
So far I've been really impressed with Nikon's warranty, I haven't had to use it.
Some guys are really impressed with Vortex's warranty, and use it a lot.

blacksmithden
11-19-2019, 07:06 PM
So far I've been really impressed with Nikon's warranty, I haven't had to use it.

Aint THAT the truth.

Drache
11-19-2019, 07:10 PM

The only time I used Vortex's warranty was for a scope that fell and broke the lens and the second was buying a second hand Vortex off someone who had over tightened the rings and crush the tube. So I'm very happy with Vortex's warranty :p

kennymo
11-19-2019, 07:12 PM
Crying shame, but on the bright side I expect an excellent sale on Nikon scopes at Cabelas.

lone-wolf
11-19-2019, 07:27 PM
Crying shame, but on the bright side I expect an excellent sale on Nikon scopes at Cabelas.

I will be keeping on eye on prophet river, they always seem to have the deals on nikon

Stew
11-19-2019, 08:12 PM

HA, they'll deny it 'til the last day, and then not have product ;)

Grey_Wolf
11-19-2019, 10:41 PM

Which one do you like?

Rory McCanuck
11-20-2019, 12:22 AM
The 2-7x shotgun scope.
Inexpensive but decent enough glass for 7x, and I like the 2x for in the bush, almost like open sights.

Kenwp
11-23-2019, 10:25 PM
They had a sale of stock at the gun store here. I was waiting for my trip to the Philippines to pick up factory seconds there. Darn .