PDA

View Full Version : Good Ole Fashion Giveaway - Winners Posted

jwirecom109
01-08-2020, 06:48 PM
https://scontent.fyyc5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82134719_10156961251935197_6248208260604624896_o.j pg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=iTPZeiQRzYUAX-mpS68&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc5-1.fna&oh=061ef9bb8b645be0e899eacbd1d025ac&oe=5E8F2D54

Silver bullet giveaway!

4 Winners will be picked.
2 Mods and 2 GOC Members will be picked.

Mods must tell us their most embarrassing firearms moment (nothing illegal) to enter.

GOC members tell us their Favorite firearms Moment.

Moderators giveaway will be judged by myself.
GOC Member's will be judged by the mods.

Each winner will receive 1 silver bullet (1 Oz of silver in the form of a bullet)

I'm going to give some time for this one, so the draw will be Feb 1, 2020 6am mst

Enter by posting your Moment :)

Good Luck

EDIT

Took abit of time to be honest going back and forth.

1st place for the members was easy for the mods - MarkR
2nd place was a tie and I had to do the tie break - Stephen

Guys, PM me your mailing address and names and i'll get your prizes sent out.

Blacksmithden and Rory McCanuck win the mod prizes

Fusilier
01-08-2020, 07:05 PM
So I presume you want us to post our Favourite Firearms Moment here.

Here goes: I grew up in a family that while our immediate family didn't hunt or shoot, I had lots of uncles who did hunt. I picked up the hobby, along with fur trapping, almost against my mother's wishes. That all said, my favourite firearm moment was when I was young lad out with my father for a hike. I had my .410 break action Cooey and my dad was just along for the hike. I managed to bag two grouse and I found it hard to juggle the two birds plus my shotgun. I remember asking my father if he would carry the birds for me. I still remember him telling me "Son, I'd be proud to". I haven't hunted in years but I do shoot. I still remember that day, and I miss my dad.

Coke
01-08-2020, 07:09 PM
My favourite firearms moment - my gun club had a family match a few years ago. The child had to compete as a team with a parent. We went and my wife and son were one team, and my daughter and I were another. There were a couple other fathers there with their sons, making 5 teams in total. They ran it with a few different challenges; silhouette shooting and at a scoring target. I had, the year before, made her a pink Cooey. It was a model 39 I got with a stock that wasn't so great. I fixed the stock, and cut it down to fit her, and painted it pink. And got her pink ear defenders and pink shooting glasses and a pink trigger lock. She was very proud of it when she got to the range, all decked out in pink. I am happy to say she won the trophy that day, and was smiling from ear to ear...

FALover
01-08-2020, 07:11 PM
YES!!!! There back!

This should be fun. Damn, posted most embarrassing moment.

OR4NGE
01-08-2020, 07:18 PM
The first time I went shooting with a handgun. I was with my GF and they made us shoot a 686 in 357 mag. She shot the 6 rounds in about a 2 inch group at 7 meters.

I went and shot the whole cylinder, and the target was untouched. I never thought something like the scene in pulp fiction was possible in real life, but after my terrible shooting, I knew that ;

A) it was

B) I had to get my license to practice and get better

and here is the scene :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8NR6p8gyI

stick4543
01-08-2020, 07:24 PM
I know a retired JTF sniper. I shoot with him once in a while. One day, autumn of 2018 he, his wife and I were at the range where I was an RSO. I was just there to watch while they sighted in their rifles for a moose hunt. At one point, he asked if I wanted to fire his Timberwolf. Well yes. He was on the spotting scope. I hit a little low and right. I swore a little bit. He just said, "Do it again." I fired again and just shook my head. "Where the fu*& did it go? It's not even on the paper!" He laughed and said, "Do it again. Aim for your bullet hole this time." I did. And again I said, "WTF??!!" He said, "You key holed it twice." I looked at the target through the scope again and shook my head. I said, "That's BS." He said, "No, it's not. That's just good shooting. Nothing less." His wife said, "If he says you did, you did." I've shot with him a couple dozen times. I've been shooting since I was a kid and handguns since 1985. That day in 2018, I took three shots and then a sniper from JTF-2 shook my hand... that was my best day with a gun.

cb900f2
01-08-2020, 07:25 PM
GOC members tell us their Favorite firearms Moment:

Was the first pistol I bought which is my S&W 686.... I bought it just after I join the gun club to which I am still a member from 1998....

driller212
01-08-2020, 07:26 PM
My favourite moment was when I was a range officer at an indoor range in a mall where the general public could rent firearms.

A lady and her man came in, the man was the body builder, skater boy hat on backwards type, joking around about how he knew a lot about guns etc, and the girl was the silent shy type. I gave them the usual spiel about safety rules and how to operate the firearms safely, and then they went to it. As they shot I gave them instruction on how to improve their technique, each focusing on their own target and unaware of how the other was doing. When they came out of the range the staff said "how'd you do?" and the lady held up her target with a big grin on her face and there was about a 3" hole in the center with a few earlier shots here and there, and the guy had rosy cheeks and looked rather embarassed. His target looked like it had been shot at with a 6" barreled shotgun with buckshot hahaha he just stared at the ground and drug her out of there as fast as he could.

It turns out after working there for a while I learned women are much better at taking constructive criticism and applying it to their shooting ability, because that situation was not a rare occurrence haha. Priceless.

grauhanen
01-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Those are all very embarrassing moments. But not so much the one about missing the target completely while the GF didn't.
Did I get this right?

DuhBoredShooter
01-08-2020, 08:01 PM
My Favorite moment was taking my 12 year old cousin shooting for the first time and seeing him light up like a Christmas tree after ringing steel at 100 yards on his first try.

Wolfstrack
01-08-2020, 08:03 PM
Have friends visiting from EU and what can be more fun for guys that never shot a gun in their life then a range day.
I explain we have to do first at home some good safe handling/training of firearms before shooting and everybody was happy with it...
Next day we go to local range and I choose my old German SIG Sauer P226 and we put the targets at 7 m distance.
I agree to start with only 3 rounds in the mags per shooter and all four of us were ready for shooting.
I was of course the last to shoot because I have to be with every new shooter at arms length for safety.
As partially expected from my all three visitors only one was lucky to have one round in the target in three shots allowed, and he was fully applauded.
My turn comes too and after I shot fast my 3 rounds everybody starting to have a very good laugh and pointing to my target...I took a look too and seen only one small black hole in my target. We get there and the thing with my friends was still high on fun because they thought I'm a lousy shooter after so many years into firearms and training....When we pick it up the target and have a close look they find out all my shots were in the same target hole, hole was not a perfect circle, more like a triangle star...so nobody was laughing no more (I was the only one with a smirk on my face) I just get couple of friendly slaps on my back ...and of course we had a good BBQ and beer after that at home.
Finally everybody agreed that you cannot handle a handgun like in the movies, you become a good & accurate shooter only after hours and hours of good training.
So that was one of many (funny) Favorite Firearms Moments....!
Cheers to everybody!
Wolfstrack

therealfullmentaljacket
01-08-2020, 08:12 PM
I was 16 years old, and saw an ad in a local newspaper for a Winchester / Cooey .22LR semi-auto rifle for sale at K-Mart Canada. I still remember that my Dad had to go with me to the local store, and act/vouch for me as my sponsor because I think you had to be 18 to buy a gun back then by yourself. The clerk showed us the rifle, and I was more than agog, as a young man who knew very little about firearms at all. It was a work of art from the smoothly finished natural wood stock and forend, to the dark steel barrel and action, with just a hint of blue. After we left the store, Dad gave me my first lessons in gun safety, as he had been in the military during WWII. He showed me what was what on the gun, and said, "you'd better be very careful with this, it's not a toy, and you don't get a second chance if you make a first mistake". I still remember those words to this day. About a week later, I got out to a friend's farm north of the town where I lived, proudly carrying my new rifle. I finally got the chance to press the loaded magazine into place, cycle the action to chamber the first round, and squeeze the trigger like my Dad had shown me. I felt the slight recoil, and heard the loud, unmistakable rimfire "snap" sound of the first discharge. I grazed the target on my first try, and on that day, I knew I had found my sport and my place in the universe. It was truly unforgettable.

3MTA3
01-08-2020, 08:14 PM
After meeting Wendy Cukier at a Toronto Theatre presentation of "CATS", I got a chance to talk to her about guns after buying her a glass of Dom Perignon. Through pure charm I convinced her to attend a shooting range with me so she could see just how rude and dangerously firearms can behave. At the range she became totally giddy with excitement,while firing my M4A1 SOCOM rebarrelled to a cheeky fat 8"er. She was so stricken with the piece, she became almost transcendent, and swore to me, that she would become a spokesperson for gun rights and CCW.

shortandlong
01-08-2020, 08:25 PM
My favourite firearms moment was over 35 years ago my first competition as a sea cadet at hmcs Scotian in Halifax
We were shooting Enfield .22s at dcra targets , I came off with a second place but shooting that first comp was the best part ..... I wish I could go back

Uncle Leo
01-08-2020, 08:25 PM
The first and only rifle I ever built was an AR15.

The first and only rifle ammo I ever reloaded was .223.

The first reloaded ammo went in the first rifle build and it went bang.

Dewey Cox
01-08-2020, 08:32 PM
I was not around for it, but the greatest moment for firearms was on January 23, 1855.
John Moses Browning was born.

FALover
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Favorite firearms moment? Easy. I was in my early teens and had been working my first real summer jobs for a few local contractors who pumped/installed septic tanks. As my family was not one of those who where somehow 'entitled' I bought my own clothes, work boots, etc. My goal was to buy a rifle that fall with what was left. Summer was full of hard work, many blisters and learned a whole new version of the English language. I had scouted out many gun books and I was almost within reach of my dream. Back to school, some of my earnings had gone to school supplies but I was still hopeful that something was out there. Then came October. Birthdays were always remembered but never really anything big. Mom baked a cake, cards with a few dollars from granny and my aunts and uncles. Then dad brought out a blanket wrapped thing. ??? What was this my head thought. I unrolled the old blanket and there it was, my dad's rifle he had when he was a kid growing up in Kirkland Lake. He never ever mentioned that he had ever owned a gun and now here it was. A Marlin Model 81 that was old enough to not have a serial number. A box of old CIL .22 Long Rifle was included. I still have that old rifle to this day. It has long lost it's blue and is more brown than anything. The money I had saved went to having a Williams peep sight installed front and rear. I take it out now and then and when I do, the memories flood back to a much simpler time. Mom and Dad are gone now but they will never be forgotten. That birthday is etched in stone in my brain as well. Thanks for the opportunity to relive that day and share it with those who likely have very similar experiences. FAL.

Waterloomike
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM
After meeting Wendy Cukier at a Toronto Theatre presentation of "CATS", I got a chance to talk to her about guns after buying her a glass of Dom Perignon. Through pure charm I convinced her to attend a shooting range with me so she could see just how rude and dangerously firearms can behave. At the range she became totally giddy with excitement,while firing my M4A1 SOCOM rebarrelled to a cheeky fat 8"er. She was so stricken with the piece, she became almost transcendent, and swore to me, that she would become a spokesperson for gun rights and CCW.

This sounds like...maybe not?

M1917 Enfield
01-08-2020, 08:42 PM

Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

DT741
01-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Here is my entry:

Back when I started dating my now wife, she wanted to come and shoot with me. We went to our spot with a couple buddies, installed our targets and started our day. We had a 8" gong at 800m and I wasted 6 or 7 rounds trying to hit it (one of those days...). She asked me what I was aiming at. After explaining it to her, she ask me to try. I laughed and said "go ahead"

A shot was fired...

The gong was hit DEAD CENTER !

I still hear about it 8 years later from everybody that was there, including my wife !

Waterloomike
01-08-2020, 08:49 PM
I think I've only lately, been able to appreciate my greatest firearm moment that is now very long past.

It was a result of being raised by grandparents that were born in the 1880's and 1890's. The freedom I had, is not to be had now.

Realizing and living that, was and is my greatest firearm experience.

I was allowed to have anything I could pay for.

I was given a .22 at age 11. It came with a box of shells, some brief instructions, fire a couple rounds and off you go.

All of the things that too many people would be too uneducated to grasp, were understood.

Like don't shoot at people, farm animals, property, etc..

Here I am 60 years later and still haven't seen a misbehaving gun.

Amazing!

linung
01-08-2020, 08:51 PM
favorite firearm moment... that would have to be my first club match.

One of the best part about Sharon is the regular Saturday Club matches. It's a short IPSC style match and we alternate between shotgun and rifle. All club member can participate.

chuckbuster
01-08-2020, 09:07 PM
A few years back, when my daughter was about 8 or 9, I took her along with my dad and my wife to the skeet range for an afternoon. I had a little Mossberg Mini Bantam in .410 that I had shown her how to use. There was nobody else at the range that summer afternoon so I had my daughter stand on a firing point while I hand tossed clay pigeons for her. She proceeded to load and shoot the gun at the clay birds as I tossed them; she even managed to smoke a few of them. Her mother was absolutely amazed at how safe and proficient she was with the gun; and my dad, sitting in the shade of the clubhouse porch was beaming over my obvious pride in my daughter.

Simpler times, and they weren’t all that long ago. Now she’s 17, almost done high school and her interest in time with the old man only extends as far as the handing over of my car keys. I’m told she’ll come around again, and I hope so.

cory moffat
01-08-2020, 09:54 PM
The sunny days that I venture out to fine tuning my sights on one of my guns. And when I make all my shots touch in the dead Center of the Bulls eye. That makes it I love summer. Leave no can standing.

4n2t0
01-08-2020, 10:04 PM
My favourite moment was taking my uncle, who has been diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer, for a full day of handgun shooting. It's a moment in time that I will never forget.

Mr.Crumbz
01-08-2020, 10:26 PM
One of my favourite moments was about three years ago at Abbotsford Fish and Game. Took my wife to go shooting and meet friends, I hopped out of the car and heard a strange sound coming from the range we were walking up to, turns out there was a Vancouver ERT member who was practising with his suppressed un-neutered (single, 3 end burst, full auto) HK MP5, and suppresses AR15. After watching him for a bit I walked up to him and struck up a conversation and casually slipped that I would love to shoot the MP5. Needless to say I got a quick demo, loaded up two 30 round mags with ammunition, gave the charging handle the die hard slap and got to shred a couple silhouettes utilizing the selective fire options! What a blast!

Bob E.
01-08-2020, 11:33 PM
My favourite moment & moments with a firearm was as a kid. We had an old gravel pit close to our house and every once in awhile my dad would get the old double barrel 12 gauge, the 410 and the Cooey 22 out. Off to the pit he and my brothers would go and he would let us shoot. The day I was finally big enough to shoot the double barrel was one of the best days I can remember. There is something magical to just be out plinking with family seeing who could shoot better that day. Although my dad never hunted or really shot very much he always seemed to be able to out shoot all of us. Those moments are my favourites and some day I hope to share moments like that with my grandchildren.

Dewey Cox
01-08-2020, 11:55 PM
A few pieces of silver sure gets people talking.

RangeBob
01-09-2020, 12:43 AM
A few pieces of silver sure gets people talking.

Each winner will receive 1 silver bullet (1 metric tonne of silver in the form of a bullet. Each piece an original sculpture, created for GunOwnersOfCanada by the artists at the Franklin Mint. Each piece cast in pure silver, set in a brass cartridge base, hand enameled in Canadian red. The detail is as authentic as it is astonishing. Each bullet is delivered on a fine oak pallet, provided at no additional charge.)

That's over $585,000 USD per bullet just in silver alone !

Grey_Wolf
01-09-2020, 01:28 AM
Ok, here goes. ^ yup Dewey I guess it does lol. Though when I first saw this I didn't think I could come up with a good enough story to share. That got me thinking (as I believe was the purpose behind this) about some of the times with out with guns and family..... I've narrowed it down to three

My boy was about nine or ten when I decided that it was time for him to move up from a 22 rimfire. There just happened to be a gun show in town shortly after that. So, we went cruising up and down the aisles looking at all the guns, war memorabilia, scopes, knives and so on. Well I spot a 222 on a rack, a Savage 340. Nice shape, not too big, should be something he could handle so I buy it. He was pretty excited about it and I promised we'd get out to shoot in a day or two. Early in the evening a couple of the dogs start raising a rukus and we go out to investigate. They had treed a squirrel. This wasn't unusual as these dogs were avid hunters themselves always looking for mice and squirrels - they'd even catch the odd squirrel (and more mice than any cat that was ever around here). But this day Billie was pretty worked up, trying to climb the tree, barking, whining and actually trying to take the tree down pulling the bark of in strips! I told my son to go get the 22 (he was well trained and I had no issue sending him - he knew to keep it unloaded) and we'll help Billie get his squirrel. Off he goes to the house grabs the gun and the mag while I keep an eye out on the squirrel. I point the squirrel out to him, he loads, gets set and BANG!!! not pop, BANG! He thought I'd meant the 222 when I said 22. Guess he hadn't heard of triple duece yet. Anyway, he hit the tree beside the squirrel but it came down almost like it had been shot - arms and legs stretched out doing a belly flop to the ground. Billie didn't get his squirrel that day as he was scared of loud noise and went to his house to hide when he saw it. Gotta be specific when dealing with kids....

My boys first deer. It was the first year he was able to hunt big game so he would have been fourteen. Nothing spectacular about it but it will always be with me. We were hunting at a buddies place near Hanna and had walked a couple of coulées and were heading back to the house for lunch when we spotted a group of does (we had started putting him in draws so he could go the first year he was old enough) in a little draw. We got out and he lined up on a nice doe at about a hundred yards and let fly with his Grandpa's old 303 that I had hand loaded for. Perfect shot, down she went! He was so excited he had to call Grandpa to tell him. This was pre every one had a cell phone days, I had one that I carried for work and let him use it. I can still remember the excitement in his voice as he described the hunt and shot over the phone sitting in the field to my Dad.

The last one was just this year. My girlfriend has developed an interest in guns and wanted to go hunting. I first bought her a 223 and took her to the range. That got her interested even more. She is determined to make small holes. She really wanted to go goose shooting so I go about finding a shotgun for her. First I found a 12 gauge semi - I thought it would be good for her as the action would use up most of the energy in recoil but it was too big and heavy for her. Oh, she's a lefty too so hard to find. I was talking with a buddy and he says go get a youth model 20 gauge pump, it won't kill her and it doesn't matter about left or right (he's left handed too). Just so happens Cabelas has a Mossberg youth model on sale so I buy it. We go to the range, go over the operation hand throw some clay and she really wants to shoot a goose. This fall we go with my buddy, put out all the decoys, build a blind, get all set up and then we have to sit and wait. Quiet and patience isn't her strong suit lol but she made it till the geese started flying,and coming in. She didn't hit a thing but was so excited and pumped - she's hooked! Can't wait till next year. Oh, the next time we went out she confessed that last time she was so excited that after her first shot she forgot she had more and didn't work the action to take another lol, just watched as we hammered some birds. I think I'll keep her

Sinbad
01-09-2020, 02:15 AM
One of my favorite moments was watching my brother inlaw shoot 3 1/2 inch slugs. He must NOT have had it tight against his shoulder because the bruise was almost black next time I saw him. I had a pretty good laugh.
The other was taking my granddaughter out with a 1022 she had a great time and now she wants to hunt.

Doug_M
01-09-2020, 05:49 AM
My grandfather willed me his W.W. Greener .22. It is a Martini-Henry style takedown with nice engraving. I had Greener date it for me and they told me it was made in 1909. My mother tells me my grandfather won it in a shooting competition in England when he was in his late teens. That would have been around 1919 so the rifle (and case with cleaning kit etc) would have been used I suppose, but was the top prize anyway. After WWII my grandfather took his family (and my 5 year old mother at the time) to Rhodesia to farm. After a little over a year they moved back to England and then shortly thereafter came to Canada. My grandfather had many firearms over his lifetime, but my Mum says that one rifle is the only one he dragged from continent to continent and the only one he kept when he finally gave them up (I would have been a child at that time and not aware).

So this brings me to my favourite firearms moment, when a couple of summers ago my parents and sister came out from BC to visit. I took them to the range naturally and they all took turns firing Grandpa's rifle. But my Mum especially, the look of joy on her face! She said she'd never actually fired it before but remembers the rifle being around (my grandparents were farmers most of their lives) and firing it connected her to her long departed (1994) dad. She thanked me for that moment, which always feels nice when you can do something for your parents. That rifle already was a family heirloom, but that day really cemented it for me as I'd never actually seen it prior to it being willed to me. Oh, and it's accurate AF!

Waterloomike
01-09-2020, 06:43 AM
One of my favorite moments was watching my brother inlaw shoot 3 1/2 inch slugs. He must NOT have had it tight against his shoulder because the bruise was almost black next time I saw him. I had a pretty good laugh.
The other was taking my granddaughter out with a 1022 she had a great time and now she wants to hunt.

I tried to get my step brother to shoot my 12 gauge when he was 12. He wouldn't do it. I didn't make fun of him. Good job I didn't. He grew up to be a very big man and a bull rider. I ended up coming up to his waist.

shootemup604
01-09-2020, 08:40 AM
Best firearms moment ever was when we got a university criminology class out for a firearms familiarization at the range. One girl shot every gun that was available more than once, and was engaging members in conversation about getting her PAL, firearms laws, and the politics surrounding it all. As she left we heard her say to her friend: "I'm never voting Liberal again"

FightingShiba's
01-09-2020, 11:10 AM
My favorite firearms moment was turning my wife into a gunnie. She grew up around hunting, so rifles made sense to her, pistols and other restricted firearms didn't and scared her to some extent. She used to pretend they didn't exist. A few years ago she decided she wanted to come hunting with me, so she needed to do her PAL, I told her she should take the RPAL as well. She was in tears when I brought a couple pistols out to show her before her class. Now she has her own pistol and loves getting some range time as much as I do. A close second was getting ready for a Mapleseed last year my 2 year old daughter saw my 10/22 and said "Daddy I want that pew pew."

Insanity Required
01-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Favorite would probably be when my boys then 9 and 6 fired their first shot. After that would be the mg42 or the thompson or getting my own first gun, or or or.....

lone-wolf
01-09-2020, 11:57 AM
Well, as for an embarrassing moment since I'm one of the lucky mods, I don't have much but last year for the ipsc training and first match - my uber reliable 1911 turned into the fable 1911 jamaholic once it was under oiled and out in some heavy rain.
I got some satisfaction from other pistols ending up the same, but my ego was still struck.
The next day was the first ipsc match, and on the first stage I was using some borrowed 8rd magazines. Into the prone position on a bench I go, squeeze the trigger, and click.
Half a dozen tap - rack but no bangs later, and I finally ditch the bad magazine and complete the stage with my time and ego in shatters.

elliott264
01-09-2020, 12:54 PM
My favorite and most cherished gun moment was a group trip to our local shooting hole and having my then 12 year old son (now 16! Time flies!) teach and demonstrate firearms safety to about a dozen friends and family members and then him helping his younger cousins take their first shots. I was a very proud Dad that day :)

willis
01-09-2020, 02:08 PM
When I took my PAL course, way back at the start of the Firearms Act. Late 90's I guess. it was a weekend course. Starting Friday at say 6:00 - 10:00 and pretty much a full day Saturday. It was hosted at a local indoor gun range. On the Saturday a fellow comes in to do some shooting with his Thompson Sub Machine gun. This course had a lot of, cover a chapter, and then spend the next 45 minutes or the next hour reviewing it by yourself. During one of these lulls in learning, the gentleman comes out and asks "Anybody want to try it?" While pretty much the rest of the class looked around sheepishly at the instructor, wondering if it was ok, I was up there like a shot, pick me! pick me! He handed me the Tommy gun and a mag, said, the muzzle is going to tend to try to raise up on you, and, have at er. Thinking back I'm not even sure if any of those rounds even found paper, but was it ever fun. It was then that I regretted not taking my RPAL at the same time. I eventually did challenge the test and upgrade to my RPAL.

Hidyn
01-09-2020, 08:38 PM
My favorite firearms moment is actually one of my earliest memories. I have no idea how old I was at the time.

My parents took me on a walk down the midway at the Calgary Stampede. I have no idea why, as my parents both lean a bit to the left, but they decided to let me have a go at the 'shoot out the star' game.

I was so small that I had to rest the stock on my shoulder to reach the trigger and I seriously doubt that I had any concept of sights.

All that I remember is the rat-a-tat-tat of that little BB machine gun and the bits of paper flying! It was glorious!

Clearly I wasn't even remotely interested in trying to accomplish the actual objective and the guy at the booth was so entertained that he gave me a free reload, and off I went again!

My mom laminated that little bullet-ridden piece of paper for me and it was my most prized possession for years. A few decades later I went back with a girlfriend, and relived the memory! The guns are a lot tinier than I remember. :)

That day fostered a lifelong love of guns.

And a deathly fear of clowns.

My parents also took me through the %#&*'ing funhouse. :(

blacksmithden
01-10-2020, 10:53 AM
There have been so many...... ROFL !!!

I was once shooting off my big mouth at the range about how my Norc 1911 Govt wasn't the nicest, most accurate pistol ever, but it NEVER jams. I hand it to a guy (cop) to try out. The thing jams on the second round.

I can't comment on the circumstances, but I once fired (on purpose) a 300 win mag with a muzzle brake on it inside a very small enclosed space with no hearing protection on. That's one to never repeat, trust me.

I was out deer hunting with my Browning BAR semi-auto and spotted a deer. All my cartridges were in my pocket. No wait...it gets better....did that TWICE in the SAME DAY !!! Shut up Rottweilerboy !!! LOL !!

I was new to bullet casting and thought I could get away without using gas checks on the 30-30 rounds I was shooting out of my Winchester 94 lever. Me + cleaning rod and brush + MANY hours = You could see the barrel rifling again.

I didn't know the first thing about an SKS. I bought one and started to take it apart to clean it. I can't remember why I wanted to take it off, but couldn't get the front sight off. In a moment of frustration, I took a grinder to it. As it turns out, that spring inside is a necessary part. LOL. I gave the gun to Haywire1 for parts.

I drove 1 hr 10 min to the range with about 10 guns and left ALL my ammo sitting on the garage floor. I was so mad at myself, I drove all the way home, grabbed it, and drove back to the range. 4 hrs and 40 minutes drive time for a few hours of shooting.

I once lined up a bunch of milk jugs full of water on a plank. I laid down and shot them at a distance of about 2 ft with my 44 mag revolver to see how many it would go through. If it wasn't the middle of winter, the shower I took wouldn't have been so bad.

I was using the floor of my service truck as a casting bench, and the power inverter to run the lead pot. My retired neighbor came over with his dog and started chatting to me. Rather than being distracted while casting (safety first !) I decided to shut off the inverter until he had left. I jumped into the back of the truck, clicked off the inverter. When I took a step back, I knocked 5 lbs of molten lead all over the back of my truck, the driveway, and splashed the side of Mrs BSD's 1 year old van. By some miracle, I didn't get my neighbor or the dog. Many hours with a pick and needle nose pliers, and I had most off it off the driveway.

The one I'll enter with.....

I was making (welding) a tool to make the trunnion straps for mini-canons. I set the garage and myself on fire. One 20 lb fire extinguisher, a trip to the local emergency room, a few trips to the burn unit downtown for cleaning and debridement, lots of drugs, many hours of cleaning, and 3 weeks of painful healing, and all was good again !!!

fireguy
01-10-2020, 01:27 PM
My favourite was getting to fire a friend's Desert Eagle in .50AE... wow!! :)

It was also an embarrassing one (of many!) - he had actually put the safety on, and here I am slowly squeezing the trigger waiting for that awesome recoil. Squeezing... squeezing... pulling... crushing. Nothing. I look over, big smile on his face, "Safety's on". Har-de-har-har... :). And of course, he was making a video of the whole debacle :)

Auto-man
01-10-2020, 06:11 PM
My Favorite story is also my most embarassing. So if the Mods have to do it, I guess I can too.

When i was 18 my Dad and I went out hunting on opening day of duck season. I was having a hard time hitting anything at all. Dad reached in my bag and pulled out some of my shells, and said "Here's why you can't hit anything, you're using Magnums, and they're causing you to flinch". Of course I was hurting, but stubborn as we all are at that age. I said " That's not it. I never flinch!". A while later I went to go to the bathroom out behind the blind. While I was gone, he took the shell out of the chamber on me. It wasn't long before a pair of Woodies came in and I swung up on them. CLICK. I ran out through the front of the blind and did a header into the pond. My Dad laughed until he couldn't breathe. "Don't flinch huh?". We laughed about that for years.

Magmalis
01-10-2020, 09:57 PM
My favourite gun moments was taking my 4 year old to the range shooting. He had shot a .22 before but he just pulled the trigger a bunch and liked to hear the shots go off. This time he wanted to make some targets with holes in them like dad does.

I set him up on a target at about 15 yards and he started plinking away with a couple of my different rifles. He was doing well but stopped after about 10 minutes.

“Dad I want to shoot your big gun at the far away paper.”

I was shooting my 300wsm at 200 for some practice just before I set him up. “Sorry bud that gun is too big for you”, I said pointing to it.

“Not that one dad, your big one in the truck.”

I brought a few extra guns like I always do because you never know who is at the range and I like showing off and bragging about my rifles so I had my fancy .223 with me. It’s super heavy with a 30 inch varmint barrel and had a bell and Carlson target stock on it with a big old Nightforce b.e.a.s.t. to top it off so I figured sure.

“Yeah, you can shoot that one.”

I got the rifle out and set it up on the bipod and a shooting bag on the back, pointed it at the target and let him have at it.

The brat put a 6” group a little left of the bullseye on the 100 yard target with his first 5 rounds and wanted the magazine filled up to the top with ten rounds. After shooting some more mags he has another bright idea.

“Dad I want to shoot something else.”

“Like what?”

“I want to shoot a deer.”

“Well we can’t do that, it’s not hunting season but I think I have some change in my pocket. Do you want to shoot a nickel?” I asked

“Ooo dad I shoot shoot a quarter it has a deer on it!”

I giggled a bit and agreed. I went out to the 15 yard target to set up the quarter and he was right behind me. “No dad at the far paper.” So we went out and set it up.

I gave him the fresh 10 round mag thinking he would never hit the thing and he shoots his first shot like 1 millimetre low into the wood supporting the quarter and the second shot goes left of center right through the damn caribou’s head. I couldn’t believe it.

He carried that quarter with him everywhere to show off to everyone but eventually lost it.

He is now 8 years old and will never let me go to the range alone! He shoots my 9mm pistol, 12gauge shotgun, AR 15s, and has his own .22 to shoot dirt rats. He wants to shoot a chicken, then a duck, then an eagle.

We have convinced him eagles are not for shooting, so now it’s a deer on the list.

RemmyPCR700
01-10-2020, 10:50 PM
Firearms and the love of both hunting and shooting sports helped rekindle the relationship between my uncle and I. We hadn't talked but once a year, if that, until about 2 years ago. That's when I received my PAL in the mail.
My uncle has been a shooter and hunter for about 45 years. I'd heard the stories from some of my other family members about some of his trips and his skill as a shooter. Being new to the firearms community, I reached out for advice on what my first purchase should be. About 2 weeks later he showed up at my door with his Remington 870 and an old Winchester .30-.30 lever action. Both had been well loved but very well maintained.
"I'd like you to have these. Guns should be kept in the family." He said.
I was both honoured and VERY grateful for such a generous gift.
And so began our relationship. After nearly 25 years, we're now more like father and son than uncle and nephew. We shoot together at least 3-4 times a month and spend countless hours talking about shooting, hunting and reloading. We trade reloading supplies as we work up our loads. We surprise each other with little gifts of bipods, bullets, powder, and other little treats.
Rekindling our relationship has been something that we both cherish deeply. The laughs we now share are priceless. My only regret is that we didn't do this sooner. My favourite firearms moment is actually many moments. Ones that I never could have imagined would have happened all happened because of a shared love of firearms.

Tyson Sommerville
01-11-2020, 04:01 AM
Best firearms moment for me was at a CHAS 3 gun match. At the very end of a stage I noticed I had missed a popper tucked away behind a barrel. From across the bay I hammered it, the crowd of other shooters cheered, it was amazing.

Aniest
01-11-2020, 02:28 PM
I've narrowed it down to three

There have been so many...... ROFL !!!

That's why I haven't posted in this thread yet: every moment with a firearm has been amazing, so the 'favorites' start to pile up quick.

But, my "Favorite firearms Moment" is tied between two I suppose, and firearms wasn't the main part of them as they both about veterans, but their thoughts on guns and sharing it with me... (Note: I was a 'last chance' kid, my parents were well into their forties when I was born, and in my family there are lots of these 'late age' births.)

My dad's oldest sister was born in 1923 and was a nurse in the last half of WWII, serving after D-day on ships taking wounded back to England on the channel. I am one of the very few she has ever spoken about her experiences to, and according to her, the only one she talked about it at length and in detail. She had told me things that would give a lot of modern Millennials severe PTSD. I was proud when we discussed firearms: how she always liked to shoot the German rifles and SMLEs, she never blamed the inanimate objects (guns) or the soldiers following orders... just the politicians and the people at the top. R.I.P. auntie, and thanks for helping me become a gun rights supporter.

My mom's uncle (another 'last chance kid') was in Vietnam as a Navy mechanic, but he did see action over there and eventually got sent home due to combat injuries. I sat with him on his farm one fall when I was 15 years old just before hunting season, somewhat surprised to hear that he enjoyed deer and rabbit hunting very much (my mom always said being in Vietnam changed him, he was always quiet and not one to joke much). We got gabbing and joking about shooting rabbits and other hunting things, which again was very unusual for him. When I had ribbed him enough to get him a bit flustered about being a poor shot he suddenly got up and went into the house. I figured I had angered him and was sitting for a bit when he came out of his house with an Anschutz rifle with a mannlicher stock, a .22 with very nice peep sights. I don't remember if the rifle was a single shot or magazine fed, but he couldn't miss any shot that was remotely possible. Eventually we got around to gun ownership, Vietnam, being a soldier and so forth. Even with the experiences of multiple tours he was (and still is) a huge supporter of gun rights and property rights: he refuses to let being injured by bullets in a conflict jade him against gun owners. Thanks uncle, for also helping me become a gun rights supporter.

Thanks for listening (reading)...

Camo tung
01-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Favourite firearms moment; Mentoring a new hunter (adult) on looking for sign, figuring out the lay of the land, calling, concealment and shot placement. Took him hunting and everything unfolded like it was straight out of a textbook! Usually with some luck and experience you can combine a few of those and at least see some deer. I've never had it go that easy for myself, and I may have created some unrealistic future expectations for him lol.

maple leaf
01-11-2020, 05:37 PM
My favorite moment was reenacting with my family as a 17th fur trapper. Along with living in a tent and showing off old school skills we also displayed and fired old time firearms such as cannons, hand gonnes, matchlocks and flintlocks.

Hundreds of people have shot these under our instruction and many have gotten into the shooting sports because of it.

Coming from an anti-firearm family; it has been a blast to use these old time guns to introduce family into shooting. Now many of them have their PALs and go to the range as well, bringing others with them.

A tie would also be when I taught my wife and kids to shoot (I learned in Air Cadets with a Lee Enfield). My Wife and older daughters can now outshoot me. Awesomeness!

M14Medic.ca
01-11-2020, 11:12 PM
My favourite moment was just this past summer!

Took my little fella to a maple seed event.

It was a great day, the instructors were awesome.

Cheers

bramptonmike
01-12-2020, 04:05 AM
My favorite firearms moment is when i took my 6 year old son and his buddy to the gun club and there they got to fire a .22, .38. 357 .44mag & a 12 guage...they still talk about that day 40 years later...

Shaner
01-12-2020, 10:17 PM
I NEVER win these things, but here goes anyway. I grew up in a home where we didn't have firearms. I was introduced to them at 21 years of age by my wife's uncle. I went on a hunt with him and my brother in law in the States and we had a great time. I was the only one there that had never really shot a gun, I had shot a .22 once, but never anything higher powered. Because of that I was getting picked on a bit by my wife's uncle and my brother in law, both of them are American and had a lot of time handling firearms. I remember holding up the 30/06 for the first time, they made a comment about getting to see some scope eye. To make a long story short we went out, and we were out in a hunting blind, and there happened to be a bunch of does galloping through the field we were overlooking. My wife's uncle handed me the rife and told me to shoot one, so I brought the scope to my eye and boom...... I shot a doe and dropped her instantly. I bet you thought I was going to say I smoked myself in the eye... Well I didn't, but on my first hunt and my first time shooting a centre fire rifle I was successful in harvesting a deer. To make the story even better, I hit the one I was aiming at!

Shaner
01-12-2020, 10:18 PM
I NEVER win these things, but here goes anyway. I grew up in a home where we didn't have firearms. I was introduced to them at 21 years of age by my wife's uncle. I went on a hunt with him and my brother in law in the States and we had a great time. I was the only one there that had never really shot a gun, I had shot a .22 once, but never anything higher powered. Because of that I was getting picked on a bit by my wife's uncle and my brother in law, both of them are American and had a lot of time handling firearms. I remember holding up the 30/06 for the first time, they made a comment about getting to see some scope eye. To make a long story short we went out, and we were out in a hunting blind, and there happened to be a bunch of does galloping through the field we were overlooking. My wife's uncle handed me the rife and told me to shoot one, so I brought the scope to my eye and boom...... I shot a doe and dropped her instantly. I bet you thought I was going to say I smoked myself in the eye... Well I didn't, but on my first hunt and my first time shooting a centre fire rifle I was successful in harvesting a deer. To make the story even better, I hit the one I was aiming at!

Also that day we saved a baby kitten whose leg was stuck under a log and donated $500 to a charity of your choice if that makes it sound any better HAHA!

Brad
01-13-2020, 06:22 AM
When I was 10 I convinced my father to let me shoot his shotgun. I can't remember the make but it was an old single shot goose gun. We walked back into the woods on the appointed day. Dad didn't realize how fast I could load at the time. He handed me the gun and I dropped in a shell closed cocked and raised the gun in one motion. Dad's said "make sure you..." bang. I touched off the gun about 2" from my shoulder. The old girl rang my bell but I stayed on my feet. With tears in my eyes I asked for another round. Dad held out a round but this time he didn't let go until he finished saying "hold that thing tight against your shoulder this time" I was hooked after that

3MTA3
01-13-2020, 08:37 AM
One of my favourite moments was about three years ago at Abbotsford Fish and Game. Took my wife to go shooting and meet friends, I hopped out of the car and heard a strange sound coming from the range we were walking up to, turns out there was a Vancouver ERT member who was practising with his suppressed un-neutered (single, 3 end burst, full auto) HK MP5, and suppresses AR15. After watching him for a bit I walked up to him and struck up a conversation and casually slipped that I would love to shoot the MP5. Needless to say I got a quick demo, loaded up two 30 round mags with ammunition, gave the charging handle the die hard slap and got to shred a couple silhouettes utilizing the selective fire options! What a blast!
Cool -but I wonder if he realized that it is illegal to discharge an automatic fire arm at a section 29 range?

srdiver
01-13-2020, 11:26 PM
my favourite is when both my Wife and teenage Daughter shot handguns for the first time - Wife shooting a tt33, putting the whole mag in the center, than repeating that with a CZ Shadow and Daughter after shooting a slew of different pistol chose the beretta m9 as her favourite.

Grain
01-14-2020, 02:20 PM
One of my favorite moment's was buying a S&W 422 handgun at the Swift Current gun show. I carried it from the dealer over to a desk that was manned by a couple RCMP officers from the local detachment. They took down the serial #, looked at my FAC, and sent me on my way home with 'have a nice day', handgun in hand. The good old days...

Blackblur
01-14-2020, 05:47 PM
I just recently took a person in there 40's who is a vegetarian who has never shot a gun before to the range and we shot pistols a AR15 and a gsg-16 we had a blast and we took out every packet of ooze on that angry gorilla target with the gsg. By the next time we saw each other they gave me a bag game style targets a gift card and a pack of bass pro shop licorice. (And the better half said they were running around like a little kid with cash at a candy store saying I can't wait till next time)

MarkR
01-15-2020, 05:59 PM
My most memorable event was when I was about 12 or 13 (almost 50 years ago) We were no strangers to guns and had access to black powder ($5.00/lb at Taylor's Store in Sebringville Ontario. We had built a couple muzzle loading cannons in my cousins fabrication shop and to date, the largest was 1" pipe, all were fired successfully and a lot of fun so... we decided to go bigger. We found a piece of 2" seamless pipe about 30" long; welded a breach block in; had a piece of steel tubing that was a light drive fit over it and we reinforced about 16" of the breach area with this, then welded an external breach block over the original for extra strength. We drilled in a touch-hole, and counter sunk it to hold some powder for priming. It had a couple of pieces of 3/8" rod welded to it so it pointed about 50 or 60 degrees in the air.

We needed a projectile; the week before we had been firing wheel-nuts through an old, derelict Plymouth car ('61?) with our 1" cannon, and recalled it had bullet shaped rubber hard stops on the front end suspension. We got one of those. It was too big to fit so we took it over to the course emery stone and ground it down.

We loaded it with about a half ounce (by volume) FFFg; drove in two pages of crumpled newspaper for a wad, then drove the bullet shaped piece of rubber against the wad with a piece of 1 1/4" pipe and a 2 1/2 lb hand sledge.

We primed it, cast lots, and I got the honors of touching it off. Used a broom handle wrapped in wired on rag on the end, soaked in diesel fuel.

Judas, Larry and Hosepipe, what a noise! Spruce boughs and one limb fell out of one of trees behind the welding shop; one of the windows was broken from the concussion, and our ears were ringing (mine still do; a bit of a legacy).

The branch on the ground was between 4 or 5" in diameter, but torn like like it was ripped off.

...and did we ever get schidt!

We were forbidden from building more cannons, and were limited to only "real" guns by our parents from that day forward.

Other than my hearing (and there are other contributing factors, I can assure you) no humans, and only one tree was injured.

BTW, the sharp edges on a wheel nut help them go through and through an old Plymouth better than a 2 3/4" 12 ga. slug.

These events all took place in a small village (not on our farm) in southern Ontario. No one called the cops either. Good times!!!

Waterloomike
01-15-2020, 06:09 PM
I rented a villa out that way on a garlic farm. Nice area. Saw turkeys and deer. No cannons.

MarkR
01-15-2020, 06:15 PM
My Favorite moment was taking my 12 year old cousin shooting for the first time and seeing him light up like a Christmas tree after ringing steel at 100 yards on his first try.

Did this with my non shooting 60 year old cousin a few months ago with my AR. Folding sights, 100 yards, and he put them all on paper and was amazed, and very happy!!

stubert
01-16-2020, 09:31 AM
My favourite firearm moment would have to be teaching my 12 yo grandson to shoot with my sks. Watching him go from barely hitting paper at 25 yards to a 5 inch group at 100 yards was a great day.;D

effy55
01-18-2020, 08:02 PM
My favorite firearm was buying my first handgun. Going into a gun store for the first time in my life and choosing the handgun that I wanted to start my new hobby with was such a pleasant experience.

Bizzle
01-19-2020, 11:02 PM
Love sharing the joy of responsible firearms ownership.
My daughter sitting on my lap and taking her first shot down range was something special. But I have to say my favorite moment is when I took the family camping. Once camp was set up, I safely handed my daughter over her air rifle. She looked at me and called out attention to her perfect trigger finger control. I am so proud that she has absorbed everything she has been taught. Her hitting all the fun zombie targets was a bonus! Could not be more proud.

Stephen
01-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Last hunting season I shot a three point mule deer while my dad watched from his van. I was using his rem 700 he bought when he was younger than I am. I didn't know at the time but thay was the last deer we would shoot together before he passed away.

It's not the best biggest buck I've shot but it's the most sentimental now.

Waterloomike
01-23-2020, 12:23 PM
Thanks for sharing that story.

Rory McCanuck
01-23-2020, 05:32 PM
Mods must tell us their most embarrassing firearms moment (nothing illegal) to enter.

Not all of it is firearms related, but there certainly enough egg on my face I might as well include it all.

I don't have a single most embarrassing moment, but a series of mishaps that constitute my worst hunting season ever.

Last spring I bought a Thompson Center Hawken, 50 cal, octagonal barrel, set triggers, quite a nice gun.
Take it to range, shoot it several times, 90grs seems to be accurate, ready to go hunting.
Three quarters of an hour after getting out to the stand along comes a nice 3x3 buck, maybe 60 yards.
"Pop" What the hell?
Buck runs away, I put on another cap, try again,"Pop."
Turns out the nipple was fouled up enough it was plugged.

Because the Hawken was out of action, I took out my buddy's Savage he'd bought in the spring.
Really nice, stainless, laminated thumbhole stock, Accu-Trigger...
Same blind, but from the other direction, the biggest buck I have ever seen while hunting.
Forty yards away, strolling along the path, showing off that great big rack.
Heart's thumping pretty good, get the gun out the window, line up, "CLICK!"
Oh boy oh boy, he hasn't run away, re-cock it, "CLICK!"
Watch his ears twitch, my own ears are twitching from the blood pounding in them, but he's giving me another chance!
Re-cock, re-aim, "CLICK!"
By now the smell of the smoke coming from my ears has reached him, and he trots off into the hollow.
I sit fuming, debating whether our friendship would stand me wrapping my buddy's rifle around a tree, when the buck
comes back up out of the hollow to see what all the muttering is about.
"CLICK!" Re-cock, "CLICK!" by which time frustration wins out and I scream out "FU**!!!" at the top of my voice.
That chased him off, I leave the blind at 3:30 and walk back to the truck, muttering and swearing all the way.

Turns out, the Accu-Trigger, if turned down light enough, will fire without the safety lever/tab thingy being depressed all the way.
If the lever isn't depressed all the way the sear catches on the safety, preventing the firing pin from striking.
With my small hands and the Savage's big grip, I couldn't pull the trigger back completely straight while sitting
at the funny angle in the blind.
The parts for the Accu-Trigger are now in a baggy in a drawer in my bench.

General season opens and my buddy comes out first day.
Walk him to his blind, tell him there's a lot of deer, he doesn't have to shoot the first thing he sees.
I make the 5 minute walk to my blind, open the door and don't even get sat down, "Bang!"
He apologises but says he couldn't pass up the great big doe.
She's pretty big alright, and at least we didn't get skunked.

The next afternoon we're leaving the truck laughing and giggling like a couple of teenage girls about some story.
Same thing, walk him to his blind, walk 5 minutes more to mine, get in, sit down, and get set up.
Same path the the monster buck was on, but walking the other direction is a 4x4.
I fight with the window a bit because it's sticking, bang my rifle on the frame getting it out the window, and the buck is now just getting into the thick of of the bush.
Don't care, there's still a clear path, pull the trigger, "Click."
Me screaming "FU**" at the top of my lungs sets his tail on fire as he runs away.

Turns out I didn't have a round in the chamber as the Remington pump is quite fussy about that first round.
If the mag isn't in all the way, or isn't quite straight, or if Saturn is in ascension in Capricorn or something,
it sometimes just won't pick up the first round.
The second is always fine, and I check every time I chamber the first one, but I guess I didn't in the midst of a good tale when leaving the truck.

Played hide and seek for half an hour with a buck through 50 yards of bush in that hollow that the monster disappeared into, never did get a shot off.

After my buddy went home to Winnipeg I decided to try out his blind.
I hung my rifle by the sling on the provided hook while I climbed up.
I get to the top, grab my sling, and the top swivel picks that moment to disconnect.
Gun swings down, butt at the end of the sling at the end of my arm, now the muzzle is moving in an arc at just about the speed of sound.
It crashes into the blind's support arm with enough noise to wake the dead.
Pull everything up into the blind re-attach the sling, check the gun over, not a mark.

Don't get another shot all season, so I go to bring the blinds home.
Get the first one home no problem.
Go to get mine, but the snow is that mushy stuff that won't compact and won't give your vehicle much traction, only thing to do is keep the speed up.
Barreling down the path, all is going well but I forgot about that one poplar that hangs over the path.
If you stick to the east side of the path, no problem, but squirting around, I ventured over to the west side.
Bang, crash, roof of the blind hits the tree, blind rips off the wagon and falls onto the trail.
Disconnect the wagon, go home, have a stiff drink, maybe several.

The next day I go out, take the roof and door off, push the blind back onto the wagon, strap it down and drag it home.
Take my trailer out to get the roof, door, insulation and all the other crap that spread itself all over God's green acre when the explosion occured.
Wind is blowing ferociously and I notice it's taking a lot of throttle to counteract it on the trip home.
The Raider is basically a parachute, so this isn't so out of the ordinary.
I get to the corner 50 feet from my property and the engine dies.
Disconnect the trailer and wheel it home by hand, push the truck home and into the garage, and pull the dipstick.
Oh dear, I don't think the oil is supposed to be white.
Holding it to the pin dragging wagons and trailers through the mushy snow was just too much for it and cracked the head. Again.

That was the first year I've ever been happy that hunting season was over.

Lazagna
01-24-2020, 04:02 PM
My favorite firearms moment. in November 2015, my father passed away and I was helping my mother clean out the house in preparation for her to move in with my sister. Up to this point, I has been under the impression that my fathers firearms had been stolen and not replaced. Little did I know that he still had them all. I was ecstatic that I was going to be able to keep them, once I had secured my PAL, which I did in March of 2016. I inherited my fathers 1981 Air Rifle, 1981 Cooey Single Barrel Break Action 12ga shotgun, 1918 303 Lee Enfield Sporterized rifle, and a brand new, never fired Ruger 10/22. Best firearms moment of my life!

Aniest
01-24-2020, 07:24 PM
I know I shouldn't reply to this thread, but this...

I inherited my fathers 1981 Air Rifle, 1981 Cooey Single Barrel Break Action 12ga shotgun, 1918 303 Lee Enfield Sporterized rifle, and a brand new, never fired Ruger 10/22. Best firearms moment of my life!

... both warms my heart...

... and when I seen those types of firearms paraded by police from buy-backs and turn-ins breaks that heart.

Thankfully, your story gets to warm it.

686 Shooter
01-28-2020, 05:59 PM
My favorite firearms moment was when I was a kid and I got my grandfathers Cooey model 60.

46 Years later and I still have it. I plan on passing it down to my grandson as well.

jwirecom109
02-08-2020, 03:55 PM

lone-wolf
02-08-2020, 05:03 PM
Congrats guys!

blacksmithden
02-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Congrats all around....and thanks to everyone for the great stories ! :)

linung
02-08-2020, 06:59 PM
congrats

FALover
02-08-2020, 09:06 PM
:Beer time: Great giveaway folks. good to see so many participate as well.

MarkR
02-22-2020, 04:49 AM

PM sent! Many thanks!!

:bananna:

Aniest
03-08-2020, 11:45 AM
Congratulations!!!

Stephen
03-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Thank you everyone.

Rory McCanuck
03-31-2020, 04:51 PM
Got my werewolf bullet in the mail today, pretty snazzy!
Thanks GoC.

MarkR
04-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Got my werewolf bullet in the mail today, pretty snazzy!
Thanks GoC.

Me too! Way too cool!

Stromei
04-03-2020, 08:38 AM
My favorite moment was when we go all the familly for rabbit.
Mom with 12g, dad his little .22, my brother (3year old ) and me (5 year old) .
My brother and I had a stick with 5 rabbit taken with collar, back the way home. Thats was a magical moment.