PDA

View Full Version : PAL/RPAL Application - Using international references

Stabler
01-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Hi all - new member to GOC.

I'd appreciate anyone's feedback on using international references for my application. I recently completed my CFSC and CRFSC and am preparing my application to send off. I had previously read that I must know the selected references for 1 year, however I see in fact the requirement is 3 years or more. This is not possible for me, as I only moved to Canada just over two years ago and do not know any suitable Canadian references for three years or more.

Is it possible to use two references from outside Canada, such as my home country (Ireland) by posting the physical application to them and having them post it back to me? If so, has anyone had experience with timezone difficulties between RCMP's phone call to the reference for verification?

Thanks all.

wai556
01-13-2020, 04:26 PM
yes, you can use references from your home country.
I did exactly the same thing you are thinking of doing, did not have any issue with BC CFO. They did not call my references in any case.
For the police check, you can just send them a copy of your COPR, a photo copy will do, no need to have a notary public to certify true-copy.

Stabler
01-13-2020, 10:26 PM
Excellent. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question! :)