PDA

View Full Version : aimpoint pro

F7 666
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Whats peoples thoughts on this optic, if you have one what distance do you think is max for this setup, Also wodering if this could be used for the odd coyote hunt also, It will be going on a xcr l

JustBen
01-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Depends on your eyes. I'd probably say it'd be about the same or a little better than irons. Some people may shoot better or worse. I'd say give'er with the coyote hunting. With the red dot and the XCR you should be able to make any corrections on the fly if needed.

TV-PressPass
01-29-2013, 11:21 AM
I thought they were silly until a buddy of mine started talking about the battery life they promise.

3 years.

3 YEARS???

I still like my 1-4 or 1-6 scopes better than a red-dot, but that kind of lifespan is impressive

F7 666
01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback, I'm leaning towards a 1x4 or 1x6 scope more and more

Satain
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
My friend has 3 of these. Everything from his shotgun to his ar. I would get one then look at a magnifer if you got the $$$ other wise just get a 1-4. Although this red dot gives you all the best from aimpoint minus the heafty price tag.

road kill
01-29-2013, 07:50 PM
I`ll be looking at something like the aimpoint this spring, need something different on the Kel-Tec as i have to remove the scope every time i want to strip it down.

Satain
01-30-2013, 08:48 PM
I`ll be looking at something like the aimpoint this spring, need something different on the Kel-Tec as i have to remove the scope every time i want to strip it down.
The mount is more important than the optic for when you remove it and place it back on your rig. What rig were you plaining on putting the red dot on?

road kill
01-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Satain the rig i`m shooting is a su16f, you have one i believe so you are familiar with that firearm. I find the barrel hits the scope when tipped to remove it and the plastic rail could be a problem in the long run and some guys have had a problem with the rail when shooting extensively.

Satain
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Okay now I know what you are looking for. Look for a rail like this:
http://images1.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-weaver-flat-top-riser-rail.jpg

lojak
01-31-2016, 05:40 PM
I've had an Aimpoint Pro for over a year, and it has rode on two different rifles. I'm very happy with it. I'm in the market for another red dot and I'm leaning strongly to another Pro. I checked out the Trijicon MRO, but found the actual red dot not as defined as on the Aimpoint Pro. I'll probably add a knock off magnifier this time, as it is only a range gun but I wouldn't mind the magnification.