PDA

View Full Version : How many members are familiar with this websie gunpolicy.org

3MTA3
02-08-2013, 05:18 AM
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region

Very well organized site- But very anti-private owned gun. Sponsors include IANSA. The figures for Australia and UK are interesting. UK's gun homicide rate doesn't seem to vary much over the years. 2009 -724 homicides 18 gun homicides

Strewth
02-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Very well organized site, but very anti privately owned gun, which makes me suspicious of all of the information on it...having a quote from Kofi Annan as their lead-in doesn't endear this site to me either.

Having said that, I'm not sure there's a site out there that isn't pushing an agenda of some sort, and we as a species need the information to get out there to educate us. And as stated, very easy site to navigate.

3MTA3
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I hadn't come across it before- And frankly it makes me a little nervous- It really is agenda driven.

Rory McCanuck
02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Got as far as here:

Each year about eight million new small arms, plus 10 to 15 billion rounds of ammunition are manufactured — enough bullets to shoot every person in the world not once, but twice.
Yeah, because that's the only thing bullets are ever directed at, right?

stewbud
02-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I am happy to see so many references to UN paperwork - that means that these wankers will never get anything done.

Jerks to keep an eye out for 'tho!

Edenchef
03-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Question? How many deaths each day are caused by automobiles? But the auto industry is so much larger and has so many politicians bought & paid for.