Prairie Dog
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/sigp226rfan/UTAS_zps28174c2d.jpg

http://www.p-d-ent.com/

Coming Soon! Now Taking Orders

Make: UTAS

Model: UTS-15

Caliber: 12ga. 3"

Features: Pump Action, Dual 7 Round Magazines, Selectable Feed, Full Integrated Picatinny Rail for Optics, Overall Length 28.5", Weight 6.9 lbs

Price: $1295

zulu
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
id rather have the ksg. good price i thought they were about 1800

Prairie Dog
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
I know nothing about either. Just wanted to put it out there for those who might be interested and don't regularly check the P&D website.

Chalk
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't know after watching videos on these things failing... Don't think I will consider one till the teething issues are dealt with.

TV-PressPass
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
They just . . . look so heavy . . .

I get that people find them cool, but they're not for me.

That and I can't figure out a situation where I would want 16+ shotgun rounds in a big ol' pump-action. And not in a bitchy "there's no sporting purpose" way, I just cant feature a scenario where I was happier with a UTS15 or KSG than I would be with a 12" shorty shotty or an 870 express.

Breaching? Nope.

Policing? Nope.

Extraction from a hostile foreign country? Nope.

Duck hunting? Nope.

Turkey hunting? Nope.

Hyper tactical defense response? Even then, not really.

Zombie pigs with wings? Oh. well yeah being able to throw buckshot into the sky en-masse might be good there.

I stand corrected.

Xtreme
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Haven't heard anything positive about the UTS-15 when compared to the KSG, with the exception of being able to find them in stock.

They just . . . look so heavy . . .

I get that people find them cool, but they're not for me.

That and I can't figure out a situation where I would want 16+ shotgun rounds in a big ol' pump-action. And not in a bitchy "there's no sporting purpose" way, I just cant feature a scenario where I was happier with a UTS15 or KSG than I would be with a 12" shorty shotty or an 870 express.

Breaching? Nope.

Policing? Nope.

Extraction from a hostile foreign country? Nope.

Duck hunting? Nope.

Turkey hunting? Nope.

Hyper tactical defense response? Even then, not really.

Zombie pigs with wings? Oh. well yeah being able to throw buckshot into the sky en-masse might be good there.

I stand corrected.

KSG is listed at 6.9lb, and 870 lists at 7.0lb (both empty). The upside to them that I see is the bullpup design, the ability to load two different types of shot, and of course the very tacticool look. This is all assuming that $ isn't an issue, even if you can find a KSG at $995 (suggested retail from last year) it's still pricey when compared to an 870 or 500 that will do almost the same thing.

As for Zombies, I don't think there's any question. I'll have one or two in my bunker.

lone-wolf
02-12-2013, 03:14 PM
You know those sci-fi movies where the guns of the future are somehow bigger than they are today, and every soldier must be a Hercules to carry them around?

This shotgun should have some promising movie roles coming up I'd guess.

Blindeyes
02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Top heavy looking and top high ugly looking same as first post I would go KSG 600.

Strewth
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
You know those sci-fi movies where the guns of the future are somehow bigger than they are today, and every soldier must be a Hercules to carry them around?

This shotgun should have some promising movie roles coming up I'd guess.

Ahhh, spacebear defence. Needs a laser sight.

Diesel
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
The KSG is pretty crappy in its own right, and everyone praises it over the UTS...makes me wonder how bad it is.

Rory McCanuck
02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/sigp226rfan/UTAS_zps28174c2d.jpg

http://www.p-d-ent.com/

Oh my but that's ugly.
Does it come with a bag to wear over your head like a Leafs jersey?
For $1300 I'd hope so.

Might be fun to beat on for an afternoon, though.

Xtreme
02-12-2013, 04:08 PM
The KSG is pretty crappy in its own right, and everyone praises it over the UTS...makes me wonder how bad it is.

I thought you had a KSG Diesel? Or am I wrong?

blaxsun
02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Bag is optional. The KSG is running, what - $2k these days? If it gets banned in the US, it should be interesting sourcing parts and dealing with warranty issues. So in addition to the warranty aspect, the UTS-15 does have the added benefits of being both available and for substantially less.

Not to hijack the thread, but I went with a Benelli 14" Supernova with the collapsible stock (4+1, enough for home invaders). Substantially lighter, too.

Skoal 24/7
02-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Ive allways wondered about these,I keep looking at them but id really rather hear some opinions from people that have one.

Diesel
02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I thought you had a KSG Diesel? Or am I wrong?

I did, and really liked it at first, but it is cheap feeling. Which would be ok if the price matched but it was not worth what I had in it ($850 and that was consider a deal even then). If it had a rotating safety instead of a cross bolt, could automatically switch from empty tube to full tube, took AR style grips and did not fail to feed it would be be closer to what it should be.

Neil Burke
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I did, and really liked it at first, but it is cheap feeling. Which would be ok if the price matched but it was not worth what I had in it ($850 and that was consider a deal even then). If it had a rotating safety instead of a cross bolt, could automatically switch from empty tube to full tube, took AR style grips and did not fail to feed it would be be closer to what it should be.

The UTS-15 can do all of that. It's just larger and ejects right. Oh and the release is in a stupid spot.

pweitzel
04-05-2014, 12:52 AM
A little late to the post but.i just ordered a gen 3 from wolverine. After i get to take it out i can let you know what i think on it

blacksmithden
04-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Sorry, but that's just too much tacticool look for my tastes. I'll stick with my 870.

Foxer
04-05-2014, 09:10 AM
I just can't get the same rhythm going with the bullpups as I can with a 'standard' shotgun. For me (YMMV) with a good shotgun I kind of ride the recoil and ejecting and reloading while coming back on target is a very natural thing, but with the bullpups it somehow feels like 'shoot, now reload, now go back to shooting". Now i've never owned one and maybe with a little more practice or getting used to it I might get more smooth, but for me I think I'd be better off practicing fast reloading and sticking with a 5+1 short barrel.

jwirecom109
04-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I have 3 shotguns a o/u and 2 pumps. I like the standard pump myself, 870 built back in the 50s and a 1897.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Camo tung
04-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Handled one at P&D some time ago, felt odd compared to what I'm used to. Didn't cycle smoothly but maybe that changes over time. I expect it would be top heavy as well with 14 rounds plugged in and 1 in the tube.

I could go for a nice semi with a big box mag (or drum for the flying bacon hordes) though.

Xtreme
04-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Handled one at P&D some time ago, felt odd compared to what I'm used to. Didn't cycle smoothly but maybe that changes over time. I expect it would be top heavy as well with 14 rounds plugged in and 1 in the tube.

I could go for a nice semi with a big box mag (or drum for the flying bacon hordes) though.

I'd go for just about anything from Black Aces Tactical, if I could get my hands on it.

DILLIGAF
04-05-2014, 04:30 PM
My review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSfkDpNlQXQ&feature=share&list=UULSszqecS5eKP7VlRBa0XBw

Cavs42
04-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Double tap

Cavs42
04-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Here's mine.

UTAS UTS-15 12 Gauge Review:

http://youtu.be/aE5oGOrbRKo

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Satain
04-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Luv the reviews guys.