PDA

View Full Version : Browning X-Bolt Varmint Stalker .223

RZee
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi All, new to this forum and a new gun enthusiast. My first purchase was the gun listed above with a Leupold VX-2 3x9 scope. I've only been out twice but I am real happy with my decision so far. I'm not a hunter - yet - and use the rifle for target from 40 - 200 yds. I am looking for some feedback with respect to my decision?

:agree:

jwirecom109
02-15-2013, 08:01 PM
223 is a good round for target, u can build some very nice loads. Its good for small game too if you ever decided to go varmint hunting.
Deer, moose and the like 223 is too small by regulations to hunt.
The Browning Xbolt is a good gun, I've played with some in the past.

What are you spending on it?

BrotherRockeye
02-15-2013, 08:21 PM
223 is too small by regulations to hunt.
that my friend depends on where you are...anything with a primer is legal in MB iirc

jwirecom109
02-15-2013, 08:36 PM
To True BR to true

BuckingFastard
02-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, browning makes a nice gun, leupy has great optics, if you like it then you made a fine choice. Caliber wise your not going to break the bank feeding it, great for target practice and with proper shot placement deer and anything smaller will fear you ;)

RZee
02-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Thx Guys for confirming all of the reasons why I boought it, been out 3 times in the past 2 weeks and lovin it so far, I definitely 'got the itch' - hhhmmmmm, what do I buy next? :pot:

lone-wolf
02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
that my friend depends on where you are...anything with a primer is legal in MB iirc

lol yea, .223 has been determined to be too large to hunt fox with on PEI. :smash:

mlehto
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
If your gun will shoot 90 grain bullets well then I wouldn't hesitate hunting Deer. It is perfectly legal with that gun here in Ontario. ;)

Coincidentally I actually handled one of those guns yesterday at Sail in Burlington yesterday. Very nice.....

RZee
02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
If your gun will shoot 90 grain bullets well then I wouldn't hesitate hunting Deer. It is perfectly legal with that gun here in Ontario. ;)

Coincidentally I actually handled one of those guns yesterday at Sail in Burlington yesterday. Very nice.....
I'm real happy so far - my son works at that store, we bought it there. Been out a handful of times @ Silverdale, stoked so far!