PDA

View Full Version : Silvercore Gun Club?

Garetsu
02-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these guys? http://www.silvercore.ca/memberships

They have a physical location out in BC, and they say they have affiliations across Canada. I haven't found too much info on this, mostly posts from BC, but very little on if anyone in outside of BC has joined them to get their LTATT. Something about $30/year just seems too good to be true :-P Also, I'm very fuzzy on the laws regarding ATTs, so I'm not sure if the range that submits your ATT has to be one in-province...

This caught my attention, because 90% of the time I'll probably just drive out to a pay as you go range to use my restricted firearms (when I eventually get them!), and I'm not too keen on the $700/year price tag on the local ranges.

Thoughts/Experiences?

awndray
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I forget his name, the guy fighting the Ontario CFO has mentioned this on Canada Reload Radio. I thought it was pretty interesting.

3MTA3
02-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Dan Balofsky. His argument to the judge that he should be able to shop around for a decent price was awesome.

riderrick
02-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I emailed the bc location, I wanted a place to drop in and shoot. Here is their reply

We are not a gun range. We became a certified Gun Club so that we can provide people with an Authorization to Transport for that allows you to legally transport your restricted firearm to any valid range in B.C. Because you live in B.C this membership would be right for you.

Garetsu
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I just got a response back from them:

People outside of BC have been successful. That being said, In Ontario it is possible but at this time it may involve a bout with our CFO to have a useful ATT approved through Silvercore.

Bottom line we would be happy to offer you a membership. If the Ontario CFO dose not issue an appropriate ATT we can offer you a refund on the membership.

So, that looks pretty good to me! I'll go ahead and purchase this, and I'll keep you guys updated to how well it works out!

Garetsu
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Nope!

Just got my LTATT application shot down using Silvercore, gonna have to take a few days off work and get my LTATT through waterford.

coastal
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I phoned silvercore at the gun dealer, got my membership for $11 or something, they faxed it over to the gun dealer while I was there, I then took it all to the CFO office and got my ATT and shadow same day.

Garetsu
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Yeah, but you are in BC!

I heard from random posts and what-not that people in Ontario could do the same. Nope, not true!

YukonLeftie
04-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Specifically because of the court battle going on. The Ont CFO is about to get his pinkies slapped (We all HOPE), and I suspect he likely knows it, but is fighting tooth and nail against it anyway.

Skeetgunner
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
I heard from random posts and what-not that people in Ontario could do the same. Nope, not true!

There was a brief period when they could, but not in the last 2-3 years. The CFO Ont wont approve them anymore.

joe6167
06-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Any new information on whether a Silvercore membership can be of use to people in Ontario?