PDA

View Full Version : Challenge accepted

Big-Boss-Man
10-26-2021, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone,

No offence intended here, but I have realized that this is basically no longer a gun forum.

All you have to do to realize this point is click on the new posts button, and look at all the threads that are being discussed.

Out of the 50 or so you’ll see, maybe five are gun-related. There’s a bunch on COVID, a bunch on politics in general, a bunch on general news, but very little on guns.

I’m not sure how, when, or why this happened, and I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but over time the emphasis on guns has gotten less and less.

That said, I do come here to learn more about guns and talk about guns, so I challenge everyone to do this: please start a new thread about something gun-related.

Post about the last gun you bought, post about a gun you are going to buy next, post a thread about your dream gun, etc.

Sh!t, I don’t care, post about the most played out gun threads ever discussed like 9mm vs 45 vs 40 or whether 223/5.56 is suitable to take down a deer, but for the love of God…

LETS TALK ABOUT GUNS ON A GUN FORUM, FFS.

Ok so A friend of mine purchased a .357 mag and he invited me out to shoot. So I go to a local store and pickup some ammunition for it [as not to feel too guilty shooting it] I get home and realize I got 38 S&W not the 38 special I was looking for.

will it be 'safe' to also shoot 38 S&W in a .357 mag?

Grey_Wolf
10-26-2021, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't think so but, (there's always a but) look at this as an opportunity to pick up a new gun. I mean what the heck you already have the ammo for it - right?

Big-Boss-Man
10-26-2021, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't think so but, (there's always a but) look at this as an opportunity to pick up a new gun. I mean what the heck you already have the ammo for it - right?

funny thing is that actually crossed my mind.

Camo tung
10-26-2021, 08:15 PM
38 Special will fire just fine in a 357, same as 44 Special in a 44 Mag. 38 S&W is a different cartridge altogether.

Grey_Wolf
10-26-2021, 08:53 PM
funny thing is that actually crossed my mind.

See! Great minds think alike ...... don't ask for the rest, just stick with this while we're ahead lol

Grimlock
10-27-2021, 05:45 AM
It's a bigger diameter and will not fit. Find someone with an Enfield, they'll be grateful you could actually find the stuff.

Grimlock
10-27-2021, 05:47 AM
Buying a matching gun is a great option. You can probably find one for the price of 3 or 4 boxes of ammo. They're fun.

RELOAD
10-27-2021, 06:39 AM
How much do you have and what do you want for it. Hey look I posted something gun related on a gun forum.:)

Big-Boss-Man
10-27-2021, 08:56 PM
How much do you have and what do you want for it. Hey look I posted something gun related on a gun forum.:)

its a box of 50 I can't recall what I paid I am thinking it was 30 for the box, I will be happy to get what I paid but I am sure that shipping it will make it prohibitively expensive.

Swingerguy
10-28-2021, 05:13 AM
its a box of 50 I can't recall what I paid I am thinking it was 30 for the box, I will be happy to get what I paid but I am sure that shipping it will make it prohibitively expensive.

It seems that the only responsible thing to do is to buy a new gun chambered in that caliber, or a different caliber, whatever.

Big-Boss-Man
10-28-2021, 05:51 AM
It seems that the only responsible thing to do is to buy a new gun chambered in that caliber, or a different caliber, whatever.

another thought that I had was this would make a great excuse to get into reloading, I could get into reloading and salvage the components.

kennymo
10-28-2021, 05:53 AM

https://theammosource.com/smith-and-wesson-1905-police-38-s-w-5-barrel-collector/

Grimlock
10-28-2021, 07:32 AM
another thought that I had was this would make a great excuse to get into reloading, I could get into reloading and salvage the components.

The bullets are a couple thou bigger than 357/38 special. It's super annoying.

Brad
10-28-2021, 09:46 AM
I have a little pump in 357. I shoot 38 special all the time, much cheaper. As a side note I have shot a lot of cattle in my life after using the 357 I won't use a 22lr again.

shootemup604
10-28-2021, 10:02 AM
.38 S&W is a notoriously anemic round too. I had a Colt Police Positive in .38 Victory (same caliber) and it chrony'd at 600 fps. No perceptible recoil at all. You could almost see the round. Anyways, if you fired it in a .38 Special or .357 Mag, it might almost perform like a squib. Not worth the risk. It's expensive ammo for what are usually very cheap revolvers. I think I paid $125 for the colt, and $200 for the Webley in .38 S&W

Swingerguy
10-28-2021, 10:29 AM

I think every excuse is a good excuse to get into reloading, but I don’t know if you can salvage any of these components for anything but .38 s&w. I don’t have a .38 s&w, but if what Grimlock says in post 13 is accurate then you may be SOL.

Big-Boss-Man
08-23-2022, 09:14 PM
LOL @ the soon to be pink......

I still have the 357 sig if anyone is interested, have had no takers on town post, was able to trade the 38's for 9mm but not the 357.

blacksmithden
08-23-2022, 09:38 PM
LOL @ the soon to be pink......

I still have the 357 sig if anyone is interested, have had no takers on town post, was able to trade the 38's for 9mm but not the 357.

Bot go bye bye. Post nuked.