PDA

View Full Version : Want to get a copy of Calibre? Here's how.

Calibre
03-19-2013, 12:32 AM
The Fantastically Unabridged and Deviously Uncomplicated Guide to Procuring a Copy of Calibre

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8111/8570214619_8475860fd8_b.jpg

One of the most frequent questions we hear both on this forum as well as over on the Facebook page is; "How can I get a copy?" Well, ask no more, because here is the final and comprehensive answer.

First off, check your local retailer as they might already have it; we're trying to push to as many shops as possible! But the cold hard truth in this labour-intensive newborn business is that we've got limited manpower and tight deadlines, which means we have less time than we'd like to research, contact, and ship copies to as many gun shops as we'd all like to see Calibre in. So in order to rectify this while providing you, our dear would-be reader with an opportunity to get Calibre entirely for free, we promise to send copies, in bulk, to absolutely any and all firearms retailers that request copies from us... and we'll do it at no cost to you nor the retailer. So, literally, all you need to do is convince your favourite retailer to shoot us an email at the contact below (or phone us, but email's preferable!) and you, your buddies, and your favourite retailer will all be able to get copies entirely for free.

The second method is slightly simpler still, but does require the outlay of at least a little cash: order something from one of our online retail partners, and specify that you would like to have a copy of Calibre included in your outgoing order. As of right now that list is quite short, but will hopefully be growing in short order as we too grow as a company... as it stands, that list is Canada Ammo, and Budget Shooter Supply. Just remember that you ask for a copy when you order (either ask over the phone or include a note in the order comments/notes section on either site), and if you want the latest one, specify that you want the latest issue, just in case they're working through the previous one!

And the third and final way is probably the simplest of all: purchase an annual subscription. Send us $30 via either cheque, Paypal, or EMT (email us for payment details!) and we'll send six issues of Calibre to your doorstep. And if you missed out on any previous issues, we'll be providing new subscribers with the opportunity to back-date their subscription to include those misses issues, to boot... so if you just found out about Calibre and want to get your mitts on the January issue, we can back-date your subscription to include that copy, and you'll get both Issue 1 & 2 in your mailbox at the same time, at least until we burn through the few remaining back issues we held back in reserve for this exact purpose!

In any case, if anyone has any questions about distribution, or wants to purchase a subscription, please email us at distribution@calibremag.ca and we'll do our damned best to help you out!

Satain
03-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Love the layout and the graphic's in your magazine. Actually I stop by Dlask just to grab this months one but I do take offense to the 5 rifles that you must have...
Honestly an AR15 over a shotgun??? A chinese M14 over a hunting rifle like a Remington 700 or something like that? Then No Ruger 10/22 but a Cooey? Well atleast you had a 30-30 and an Enfield...
:pot:

road kill
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Must have been a mall ninja to come up wth that list.:D Email will be forthcoming to get info for a subscription, for 30 bucks i'll check it out.

YukonLeftie
03-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Subscribed!!

Kevin M.
03-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Just sent in my EMT, been waiting for a subscription option since I first heard of you guys.

If you guys want some guest posts or photos of some cool firearms, just give me a holler, I have access to some neat stuff for the magazine.

On a side note, you guys need a webpage in the future.

Rvanleersum
03-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Love the layout and the graphic's in your magazine. Actually I stop by Dlask just to grab this months one but I do take offense to the 5 rifles that you must have...
Honestly an AR15 over a shotgun??? A chinese M14 over a hunting rifle like a Remington 700 or something like that? Then No Ruger 10/22 but a Cooey? Well atleast you had a 30-30 and an Enfield...
:pot:

I'd like to point out the obvious in that a shotgun is not a rifle.

Kevin M.
03-21-2013, 01:29 AM

I don't even...

What?

Satain
03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
So would a bolt action shotgun with sst hornady shotgun shells not be consider it a rifle???
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2005/Day2/DSC06183.jpg

blaxsun
03-21-2013, 12:50 PM
So would a bolt action shotgun with sst hornady shotgun shells not be consider it a rifle???

Didn't you answer your own question? ;)

but I do take offense to the 5 rifles that you must have...
Honestly an AR15 over a shotgun??? A chinese M14 over a hunting rifle like a Remington 700 or something like that?

The only one anyone must have is an AR15.

Canuck
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Didn't you answer your own question? ;)

The only one anyone must have is an AR15.

Well except for maybe Joe Biden. Apparently he prefers shotguns.

blaxsun
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Well except for maybe Joe Biden. Apparently he prefers shotguns.

And not just any shotgun: a double-barreled one. So when you hear a 'thump' you can go out onto the deck and let fly! ;) (oops, guess it was just the meter guy checking the electricity)

Rvanleersum
03-22-2013, 01:18 AM
I don't even...

What?

He questioned how an AR15 got on to a five rifle list over a shot gun.

Rvanleersum
03-22-2013, 01:20 AM
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2005/Day2/DSC06183.jpg

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious...

Strewth
03-22-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious...

He's being Satain :p ...and a rifled barrel by definition makes a shotgun a rifle...right?

Anyhoo, subscribed! I really liked the quality of issue #1, both in content and materials used, can't wait for #2!

jwirecom109
03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
He's being Satain :p ...and a rifled barrel by definition makes a shotgun a rifle...right?

Anyhoo, subscribed! I really liked the quality of issue #1, both in content and materials used, can't wait for #2!

A rifle is a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder, with a barrel that has a helical groove or pattern of grooves ("rifling") cut into the barrel walls.

Typically It doesn't follow this route for definition but some of the barrels they have in shotguns do.

enerflex
03-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Okay gonna stir the pot on this one... If you are hunting deer in a "shot gun only" area/season with a fully rifled barrel is it still a shot gun?

awndray
03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
I just received the first two issues by mail. Thanks Calibre!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/23/a6asy5ys.jpg

lone-wolf
03-22-2013, 12:58 PM
I would consider a shotgun, with a rifled barrel, to be a rifle.
I shoot shot shells in a .22, doesn't make it a shotgun.
A single solid bullet fired from a shotgun(slug or a .45colt from a 410), doesn't make it a rifle.

ANYWAYS!
Email sent. I hope you're not out of Issue #1, I want a complete first volume.
Should put $5 for Americans on the cover beside where it's free for Canadians.

FightingShiba's
03-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info, email sent about getting set up with a subscription.

Rosco19
03-27-2013, 07:14 AM
I just got my copies of issues 1 & 2 in the mail. The magazine is really well put together and I feel that Daniel is doing a great service to the Canadian firearms community.

bradofcanada
03-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Just received my second issue through sub.Good stuff.

YukonLeftie
03-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Just got my 2 issues in; will be pouring over them this weekend. Excellent!

Strewth
03-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Mine just came, also included a bonus magazine sized brown cardboard target, perfect! Now where's that contest word....