PDA

View Full Version : If my gun could talk

RobSmith
04-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Always wondered where she's been and what she saw sort of thing ... From my " antique" muzzleloader to me "modern" SKS ...

jwirecom109
04-17-2012, 10:31 PM
If my Polytech M305 could talk i wouldn't be able to understand it anyways :D

Skip
04-17-2012, 10:43 PM
If my gun could talk it would probably ask why I sleep naked with it every night.

rottweilerboy
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
I so don't need for the gun in my hands to be asking why I missed the target , again , I'm already married ....

loki
04-18-2012, 12:30 AM
I so don't need for the gun in my hands to be asking why I missed the target , again , I'm already married ....

Ha :D For the win.

Some guns do talk, through their proofmarks. For example if you have a Luger that has the Erfurt Military Acceptance proof (an eagle holding a cross and bar), and then the word england and perhaps a NP on it I know that it likely saw WW1 and was a Allied (British) capture. Captured arms usually didn't come out of their original owners hands willingly, and it can pretty well be assumed that the original owner was either a casualty or a surrender.

Shooter_01
04-18-2012, 05:45 AM
I've thought about this many times. I think it would be fascinating. Although, I can see us getting into shouting matches at the range. :D

loki
04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
If my Polytech M305 could talk i wouldn't be able to understand it anyways :D

Every gun I've ever owned would talk to me in a language either my wife or I could speak.

BrotherRockeye
04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I'd need a soundproof cabinet so I didn't have to listen to the whining from the ones that don't get out much...

like I have for the kids :p

Candychikita
04-18-2012, 10:53 AM
hahaha i like this one. a few of the weapons in the gun cabinet have some major personality:

my Glock is a real b. she came out of the factory with a pissy loudmouth attitude with nothing good to say. sadistic (hurt my hand) and greedy (used a fair bit of ammo with her). figures she's always right, and tends to shoot that way, little stiff (trigger wise). she was my first, and surprisingly sounds a lot like my first ex-boyfriend. we don't get along - she's for sale. i have no attachment to her...i wonder why.

my SKS is a hearty earthy black russian with a heavy accent. easy going, a little bit of a potty mouth on her (corrosive ammo), but a workhorse. unassuming, pleasantly surprised by the beautiful new furniture i got her, has been used/abused in the past (needed a little TLC, and still gets extra TLC) she chose her own name "Sasha", which is actually a male name so she could fit in with the boys in the gun cabinet.

my shotgun is a no nonsense, outdoorsy American female with a southern drawl (made at the plant in Kentucky) and expensive tastes right out of the box. a real pushy attitude, but she's a lightweight, so i end up getting my way in the end. little bit on the matchy matchy side, insists on coordinating accessories and demanded a name similar to Sasha's. i had my eye on her for a year before i decided to take the plunge, and even then she kept me waiting. i keep her as dirty as i can stand to keep her in her place. bahahahha

considering purchasing the little sister to my shotgun, a 10-22, but don't know if i could stand the bickering...

yes. i have an active imagination. LOL

50calshooter
04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
hahaha i like this one. a few of the weapons in the gun cabinet have some major personality:

my Glock is a real b. she came out of the factory with a pissy loudmouth attitude with nothing good to say. sadistic (hurt my hand) and greedy (used a fair bit of ammo with her). figures she's always right, and tends to shoot that way, little stiff (trigger wise). she was my first, and surprisingly sounds a lot like my first ex-boyfriend. we don't get along - she's for sale. i have no attachment to her...i wonder why.

my SKS is a hearty earthy black russian with a heavy accent. easy going, a little bit of a potty mouth on her (corrosive ammo), but a workhorse. unassuming, pleasantly surprised by the beautiful new furniture i got her, has been used/abused in the past (needed a little TLC, and still gets extra TLC) she chose her own name "Sasha", which is actually a male name so she could fit in with the boys in the gun cabinet.

my shotgun is a no nonsense, outdoorsy American female with a southern drawl and expensive tastes right out of the box. a real pushy attitude, but she's a lightweight, so i end up getting my way in the end. little bit on the matchy matchy side, insists on coordinating accessories and demanded a name similar to Sasha's. i had my eye on her for a year before i decided to take the plunge, and even then she kept me waiting. i keep her as dirty as i can stand to keep her in her place. bahahahha

Hahaha Candy, this made me laugh...

My guns would sue me for adultry and harrassment...

Flam Sire
04-18-2012, 09:03 PM

Hahaha yes indeed!

I've thought about this many times. I think it would be fascinating. Although, I can see us getting into shouting matches at the range. :D

Haha yeah no doubt!

I've got an old '40's 'chester that I'm sure would tell me to screw 'er........back together, she's missing some of the screws in the corn stock.

FlyingHigh
04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
My Maverick shotgun is a Navy SEAL. He's rough and tumble. He'll take the abuse dished out, push himself beyond the limits and perform his job come hell, highwater or both. Doesn't matter what the environment, wet or dry, hot or cold...he'll keep right on going through it all.

My Remington 700 is an adventurer and gentleman. Envision if you will the English gentlman hunting the plains of Africa in the early 1900's, travelling the Amazon. Always smartly dressed, well mannered, highly competent with gun, horse and flyrod.

My 10/22 is the down home, mid western USA girl. Pretty without makeup, not fussy about her ammo, love to play games and have a good time. She's light, quick to handle, and smart to function.

My Lee Enfield is the cantankerous ex-WW2 British infantry Major. Old, beat up, not much to look at. Complains quite loudly but still reliable when the chips are down. Provided he remembers the chips are down. He's also a fussy eater, and refers to surplus ammo as "mess slop".

My H&R Pardner 20ga is the pup in the group. Bright, chipper, always ready and willing with a swift report. Light and easy going. Not picky in the least. Likes going for rides in the truck. Especially when ditch chickens are involved.

I have a few others, but they haven't developed much personality yet...

blacksmithden
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
I know the history on most of my guns. There are only 2 I wish could talk. My great grandfathers Lee Enfield that he used in WWII and my grandfathers 1901 Winchester 1894 in 32 win spl.

Candychikita
04-19-2012, 01:24 AM
i had fun this morning, so here's the quieter ones:

the shadow aka the Silver Fox. all sleek silver sophistication and bang bang. a real lady's man, a pleasure to handle and responds well to a good squeeze. always punctual (as soon as i pull that trigger :D), reliable but has fine tastes (doesn't like the reloaded stuff so much) frequently about town on missions (IPSC), and surprisingly a big eater (again, too much ammo) a bit on the OCD side, however, as he needs to be manually cocked a certain way or he'll lose it. a bit of a prima donna, as he has his own special space rocket travelling case. doesn't have much to say, but dear god, he has an accent. his theme song is the mission impossible intro. i'd like him a lot more if he wasn't so OCD, but i'm also not ready to admit it was a bad decision to pick the Glock as my #1 handgun, so i keep him at a distance. i know we could have a lot of really great friday nights together, but someone's gotta watch the kids...

the mossberg is a tall quiet brunette male with overcompensation issues (ahem, check out the bayo) will do as he's told without any fuss, but doesn't play well with the boys in brown (the "woodies" as i call them), tends to scuff them up. generally a man's man (all the boys want to hang out with him), but he's relatively shy and doesn't get out much. his first time was fairly uneventful; a whole lot of build up and anticipation but not a lot of exciting action. he'd love to get out and do something manly, instead of just target rounds into nothingness. he's got some severe self esteem issues, and a general lack of self worth. his theme song is surprisingly "some day my prince will come" from sleeping beauty. he's a wee bit of a jerk, a bit on the hefty side, and i know i let him down (to rack, because my arms are too short to reach properly)

http://www.frostyscomputers.com/frostys1/images/Mossberg590A1SPXBayonet.jpg

and then, there's the Pink Panther, my bow. she doesn't fit in anywhere. her colouring is exotic and more than a little loud to look at, but one of a kind in this area that i've seen. she was a mail order bride, custom fit to me and only me, and i have only allowed one other person in the world to shoot her and even then only once. strangely enough, she's mute. like a hothouse flower has no scent, she has no voice. this intrigues me. perhaps some new nocks will make her sing.

Otokiak
04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
If ROCHELLE could talk ... she'd tell me I'm sexy too ... ;) :D

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

RobSmith
04-20-2012, 12:36 PM
For the WIN so far !

my shotgun is a no nonsense, outdoorsy American female with a southern drawl (made at the plant in Kentucky) and expensive tastes right out of the box. a real pushy attitude, but she's a lightweight, so i end up getting my way in the end. little bit on the matchy matchy side, insists on coordinating accessories and demanded a name similar to Sasha's. i had my eye on her for a year before i decided to take the plunge, and even then she kept me waiting. i keep her as dirty as i can stand to keep her in her place. bahahahha

considering purchasing the little sister to my shotgun, a 10-22, but don't know if i could stand the bickering...