PDA

View Full Version : Sight in question

Southaffygunner
04-02-2013, 08:04 AM
I have been playing with my scope on my hunting rig for yardage, but when I do windage it seems to move up and right or down and left.

It's a Leo mark 4, is the scope busted or do I have it set up wrong?

Rory McCanuck
04-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Something sure isn't right.
The first and easiest thing to check would be the mounting screws and bases, make sure they are good and tight.

Southaffygunner
04-02-2013, 08:52 AM
I checked and they are tightened good and tight, their aluminum rings would that affect them?

Strewth
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Poop, pity it's not the rings or bases...that's the easy one...hmmm
Diagonal adjustment movement? Is the scope level to the rifle? Or is it more elevation change than that?

3MTA3
04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Poop, pity it's not the rings or bases...that's the easy one...hmmm
Diagonal adjustment movement? Is the scope level to the rifle? Or is it more elevation change than that?
That's a good observation -Diagonal movement, scope not level or rifle not level maybe. Maybe try a real drastic adjustment and test shots to confirm and then dial back to see if comes back to the same POI.

BrotherRockeye
04-02-2013, 10:29 AM
this is where an old school bore sighter is handy.
you can watch the crosshair track on the grid.
When I bore sight I routinely crank the power ring on variables and the AO on AO models. I have seen poa change in both cases.
Do you know anyone with an old school arbor and grid type bore sighter?
That would be your fastest way to figure this out.

jwirecom109
04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Sounds like a cant issue

jt_trouble
04-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Leupold MK4's have been knocked off a lot ... are you sure it's genuine?

JustBen
04-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Sounds like a cant issue

That was my first guess.

However, i have to be the jerk to ask the question... are you sure its a real Leupold Mark 4? The only reason I ask, is because there are a lot of fakes kicking around. I know a guy who bought one, knowing full well it was a fake, but he didn't think it would be that bad for $100, only to have the crosshairs fall apart on the first shot. I've also seen a few fakes kicking around the local kijiji, at 75% the price of a new one - which would be a very good deal, until you realize its a piece of junk.

jt_trouble
04-02-2013, 08:33 PM
That was my first guess.

However, i have to be the jerk to ask the question... are you sure its a real Leupold Mark 4?.

Don't worry your not a jerk. I asked first before your post lol ;)

Southaffygunner
04-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Nope nope a cheap one bought from a good dealer, looked into and its case the scope is not level.

jt_trouble
04-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Take it back to whichever dealer you bought it from and see if you can get a warranty replacement. Or call Leupold and see about factory replacement.