PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a Savage and CCI Velocitor .22 LR

collieman
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Bought a Savage Mk 2 about 3 years ago. Bolt action, laminate stock and HB. I tend to like CCI ammo so went with their Velocitor round, with a 6x18 scope super shooter, but last year I started getting ejection problems. Out of a mag of 10 no problems to start , then with the next after the first 5 an ejection problem, had to pry the spent shell out then would shoot ok for another 5 or so rounds.
Have never tried any other brands through the gun but am thinking Winchester this year.
So the question is, any comments on the ejection problem and what do you target/gopher shooters use?
Thanks for any replys.
Cheers

mlehto
04-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Take the bolt apart, and clean under the extractor.

The bolt is really easy to take apart with nothing but a flathead srewdriver. You just have to remove the C clip that holds everything together.

I have had the same issues and this solved em.

Drache
04-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Take the bolt apart, and clean under the extractor.

I didn't even need to take my bolt apart. I sprayed on some Outers Crud Cutter and gave the bolt face a good cleaning. Haven't had a problem since. The Mark II bolts are a little finicky and require good maintenance :D

DiM
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't discount the ammo as being the problem. That and/or a dirty chamber. My Savage MK II FVT does not feed Winchester 333/555. It also did not like CCI blazer very much. It was pretty much doing the exact same thing but with less frequency. I has never given the same problems with Federal bulk. My GSG occasionally does the same and it is usually when it gets too dirty. Even when it starts choking on Federal bulk it will still keep chugging away with Winchester M22. These are just my experiences.