PDA

View Full Version : BC Hospital Blocks CSSA Website

Right Edition
04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
http://youtu.be/qfQijIcyIaw

blacksmithden
04-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Glad to know some I.T. schmuck in the basement of a hospital is deciding what's moral and what is too dangerous for our little brains to handle.

Skeetgunner
04-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Glad to know some I.T. schmuck in the basement of a hospital is deciding what's moral and what is too dangerous for our little brains to handle.

Don't be so sure. It could be local IT, or it could be an automated service. Many private and public organizations buy into "net-nanny" commercial fee-for-use services like 8e6 and Untangled and a dozen others. These services crawl the web just like Google does, using scripting and AI to categorize web sites and content; its far from perfect and sites do get misidentified. They have a daily update to their subscribers just like your virus checker does, so badly categorized sites get pushed out very quickly. Andy they have a portal where you can suggest sites that should be blocked by category.

So while at first glance the cssa being blocked and other sites not being blocked looks like a conspiracy, it could just be some simple automation that has run amok.

GlockGuy
04-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Being in a B.C.. Hospital is bad enough..food, Fat ugly & lazy nurses Never heard of any Free Wifi in them. Must be a "Staff Block".

Satain
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Why do you think ever since Christy Clark got in power wait times for restricted transfers went threw the roof.
She plays in left field but Dumb @$$ Dix is in the deep left bleachers.

FALover
04-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Yet our local hospital endorses the local gun club as we have a fund raising IPSC match for them.
:shoot2:

GlockGuy
04-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Hospitals in B.C. endorse anything if there is a $ in it for them.

Westicle
04-27-2013, 06:25 PM
northern health in BC also blocks any gun websites on thier intraweb.... when I was in had to use 3g to keep up on the gun forums and such.

sDot
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
I go out of my way to see if they block any sites that I don't approve of, if not, I will make a stink all the way to the top, especially if it's politically motivated.