PDA

View Full Version : Couple New Toys...... Ruger Rimfire Pistols Can't Be Beat!!!

mlehto
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Just wanted to do a little write up on my latest purchases, and give a nod to Ruger, and their beutiful Rimfire Pistols.

Been wanting these guys for awhile, and have started shooting alot of .22lr rifles these days, so figured these would get me back into handgun shooting. I kinda left handguns about a year ago, and dumped my entire collection other than a Tokarev, and a G22, so these are a nice change of pace.

I give you, my new Ruger Single 10 and Ruger MKIII Hunter.....

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/mlehtovaara/Snapbucket/88649215-orig_zps44afd4be.jpg (http://s801.photobucket.com/user/mlehtovaara/media/Snapbucket/88649215-orig_zps44afd4be.jpg.html)

Got the MKIII Hunter from Delselins as these are apparently few and far between right now, and have been discontinued by Ruger, so snapped it up while I could. Total to my door was about $600, and I was not disappointed in the slightest. The gun is a work of art, and my hesitations about the sights were quickly put to rest. Functioned 100 percent with Federal Blue box, Winchester Xpert HV, and even CCI Standard Velocity. Accuracy initially was not what I hoped but after getting used to the sights I think this gun is the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. All around a bargain for what I paid, and I can't say enough good about the Ruger MKIII series. This is my second, the first being a 22/45, and both are fantastic guns, with this one being just a little nicer, well alot nicer I guess. ;)

The Single 10 I bought off the EE NIB for $525 to my door, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I have always had a thing for cowboy guns, and previously owned a Vaquero in .357, so I was looking forward to this guy, and had my eye on either one of these or a Single Six for some time. I chose this guy for the short barrel and figured 10 rounds was more fun than 6. The sights again threw me for a loop, as I have never used any hi viz sights before this, and intially groups suffered. I went back to just lining up the posts and kinda ignoring the fibre optic inserts, and that definitely helped. I haven't put too many rounds through this guy yet, but can't wait to get back out. Interestingly enough the Winchester Xpert didn't seat well in the chambers, and needed some extra force to seat them flush as to not bind the cylinder. The CCI SV, and Federal Blue Box was just fine though, and groups were pretty good at the 8-10 yards I was shooting at. Again, the rugged reliability, and great workmanship in these guns is over and above what the price would indicate.

All around, bang for your buck, it is really hard to beat Ruger for the money in any category Rifle, or Handgun, and when we are talking about rimfire pistols they really do have the market cornered.

Now I just have to wait on the Ruger SP101's to show up so I can get a matching pair in .22lr, and .357 mag. ;)

I think this may be the start of a collection of sorts. More Stainless Steel Ruger Pistols are gonna be in my future thats for sure!

awndray
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Very nice purchases! I love stainless.

Strewth
04-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Nice pistolas! I should really pick up another Ruger, it's been years since I've had a .22 pistol, and that MKIII is very tempting....Nice picture too:)